New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by moejun2 View Post
    sorry but this thread is useless. if you say something controversial, at least have the decency to explain why you said it. total rubbish, sorry.
    +1, the ts admitted later na wala naman pala talaga siyang pasok sa school

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by JackFlash View Post
    Through Teka muna... you're from CSB? As in College of St. Benilde? E di ba La Salle din yan?
    Yes and no. The De La Salle students look down on the CSB students. There is this erroneous belief that those who could not enroll in the main campus go instead to CSB.

Q. Why does the statue of Saint Benilde in the CSB looks sad?

A. Because he could not get in the De La Salle campus.

--------------------

There is one man I'd like to hear from. I'm interested in his viewpoint about the past student activism and the present student non-activism.

Earth to Kitsons....earth to Kitsons....come in Kitsons.
    Last edited by donbuggy; November 14th, 2009 at 11:01 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    You should know that we put scholars in DLSU. CSB ang nagfufund ng most of the scholarships in DLSU.

Diffrence lang ng DLSU sa CSB eh ung CSB students are far more creative, outgoing and well.....off topic na mahirap magsalita dito madami tayong brothers from the other side haha

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Well, for me, I just find it absurd that students would hurl questions like, 'Who is your first crush?' to Clinton.

Total waste of time.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Dapat ata'ng tanong eh....."Madame Sec., how's Monica Lewinski doing these days?"

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by safeorigin View Post
    bah, i'd rather wear a tin foil hat

also for the record, i never planned to visit US
    word of advice from an old timer: don't put a period on every sentence you make with your life. dati, ganyan din ako i.e. walang ka-plano plano magpunta sa lupa ni Uncle Sam pero dahil sa work-related requirements, ilang beses na rin nakapunta.

just my two cents.

BTT:

kung ano reasons ni SO, let him be. Kanya-kanya naman tayo diskarte eh. Pero kung ako taga USTe at andun si Hillary, honor for the school yun kahit pa hind ako agree sa ilang foreign policies ng US gov't so manonood ako nung forum.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    That's strange.

My activist friend from College is now in Congress...
    good for her/him....but it's true one of my classmate in high school was an activist leader during his college years in...(well no need to mention the school)...where is he now? In the land of milk and honey the US of A.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolodeon View Post
    word of advice from an old timer: don't put a period on every sentence you make with your life.
    Pearls of wisdom, indeed.

-------
    Why do we vile people who made us aware of the issues? Semantics lang naman yan...activists, if your left-leaning? advocate when you're on the center-right?

Student activism is mainly brought forth by the idealism of the youth.

Legitimate naman issues before...support for Marcos and his policies, low intensity conflicts in the countryside, WB-IMF preconditions in running our economic policies, etc.....All these brought hardships to the common Juan and Pedro.

What was abhored were American policies affecting Filipinos , not the American way of life.

When one advance in age, priorities change...family, job, etc.

America do have many contributions to a better society....liberty, opportunity, economic might, and the strong presence of the law which are wanting in the Philippines.

And yes, some have migrated in the US, some are in Congress but many are still in the cities and countrysides.

-----
    I think UST was chosen because, among other things, it symbolize the segment of society that meddles in the affairs of government.i.e. population control.

Its farfetched for the Church to understand that a lot of people sharing meager resources can result in poverty.

By going there, Hillary highlights the issue. .

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolodeon View Post
    kung ano reasons ni SO, let him be. Kanya-kanya naman tayo diskarte eh.
    Why start the thread in the first place if he won't justify? There are more appropriate cyberplaces to vent.
    Pero kung ako taga USTe at andun si Hillary, honor for the school yun kahit pa hindi ako agree sa ilang foreign policies ng US gov't so manonood ako nung forum.
    Anyway, I agree with you. It would be an honor, indeed.
    Last edited by woohoo; November 14th, 2009 at 10:25 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    ^ my point exactly. he posts something, then when asked to explain he just says he'd rather not. why did he start the thread anyway? again, useless, senseless rubbish.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
hillary in UST