The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 283435363738
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    my apology for double post.....

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tabularasa View Post
    I'm not evading your question, I'm correcting it. And my line of thinking is not important. To say that your premise is an assumption is bordering on the hypothetical. Before you make a premise, there must be basis. Obviously, there is none because he is not corrupt.

Nonetheless, assuming he is corrupt at least he is not violating any election law especially the billboard.
    premise = assumption = hypothetical. that's the whole point! when an assumption is laid out, that's a hypothesis, that's a premise. so, back there, you just had a circular statement, which i hope you realize.

now, thank you for not evading the question. but according to you, the edge of noynoy over the other candidates with our set assumption/premise/hypothesis is... at least he is not violating any election law especially the billboard. great! and this guy is leading the ever-reliable surveys.

this has been the entire argument of those who don't like noynoy... he's in a place where he doesn't deserve... and because the reasons have not be intelligently thought out. i haven't seen him brandishing his accomplishments, because he/they want to make people think it's NOT important... lagi na lang sa ads, malinis ako, titigilan ko ang corruption, hindi ako magnanakaw... in the same manner that you did back in your previous posts, the machinery is trying to evade the real issues, evade the tough questions, and asking people to evade a critical criteria: what have you done?

in fairness to sir noynoy, i believe he has pure intentions, and i think this is what his supporters are counting on: he's not gonna mess up his parents' legacy. unfortunately, whether you like it or not, that's a cruel way of making a person qualified for the presidency.

think GMA. she's diosdado macapagal's daughter. did people think back then that she wouldn't blemish her father's name??? now, have we learned from the past?

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein.

guys, we deserve better!

here's another one for you, which i hope you don't evade: given the results of the surveys in the media vs. the result here in this forum, what do you think is the cause of disparity?

i agree with the other guys, let's make this a productive conversation. kasi wala po tayong matutunan sa name-calling and bashing.

good luck to us!

Quote Originally Posted by AnK View Post
    why are Dick's supporters selling him too much? aren't his accomplishment enough for him to win?

look if it's another election, if it's another time, people might vote for him or Gibo but reality is they don't stand a chance to win against Villar.

the only candidate that has a chance in beating Villar is Noynoy, so choosing between the two. you know who will gets my vote.

and besides, our election is nothing but a disguise popularity contest. do you really think that people from far flung provinces would really dissect a Presidential candidate's accomplishment and track records?

Dick is not even registering here in Metro Manila where supposedly has the highest number of intelligent voters and are more aware of the things happening in politics.

maybe it's time to change the way we sell our candidates, instead of highlighting the negatives of the opponent why not just stress the positive points of your chosen candidates.
    accomplishments: apparently it's not enough, the surveys have conditioned the mind of the people already. it's like hypnotism that you can't snap yourself off of. no matter we emphasize the right way of looking at qualifications, people don't buy it because it would require them to gather information and think. and to some, that's too much work.

dissect track records: you mean people don't? could that be why noynoy is leading the surveys??? also, about people not looking at accomplishments, do you think that's a big national problem that crosses over decades of our lives? what's the solution then? just to quote: if you're not part of the solution, then you're part of the problem.

positives/negatives: i totally agree. mudslinging is for politicians.

in the other forums as well, i've seen people debating over noynoy and villar. and it's depressing to see that, because of the surveys, we were subliminally told to skip the thinking/qualification process...

come may 10, we'll see a ballot of multiple choices... if the ballot has a blank line asking for a reason why we picked our respective candidates, what would we write???

kasi lamang sa surveys? kasi galing sa mahirap? kasi hindi magnanakaw?

our votes are holy.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mikmik316 View Post
    Wala ng mangyayari dito unless the trolls, flame baiters, and hi-jackers get banned.
    Problem is, even old timers support these trolls and they talk sarcastically as usual.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 283435363738
Gordon will!