New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Hindi Sir, naputol......nakapagpaalam pa eh. Yung biglang nag-paalam, na ikinabigla nung news anchor Then after that there's a lull. Then the apology from Tony V.
    Last edited by chua_riwap; April 23rd, 2010 at 04:16 PM.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Eto link ng survey noong 2004 senatorial election. http://www.sws.org.ph/pr013004.htm. Me nakita pa ako dati kaya lang ikaw na lang ang maghanap. Eto yung survey Jan-Mar 2004. 1. Lapid (K4) 2. GORDON (K4) 3. Cayetano (K4) 4. Madrigal (KNP) ... Para ke AutoBeat ito.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    who said that people are voting bec of survey results? probably some but not here, not me. if I choose other candidate it's not bec I was sway by the survey.

majority of the people already know who they will vote for even before the survey's result came out.

I agree with you that everybody has the right to vote for whoever they want, whatever the reasons maybe, it's their rights anyhow then I hope the Gordon supporters will just stop self proclaiming themselves as the only "intellect voters" and branding other Presidential candidates supporters as the stupid voters. nobody has the monopoly of intelligence.

but pag nakakabasa ako na pag Gordon supporters intelligent voters pag ibang candidate ang sinusupport eh mga bobo na, especially pag nag post yun isang fanatic na si mick2.

lumalabas kasi Gordon supporters are belittling the intelligence of other candidate's supporters.
    picking based on surveys: this message was only intended for people who keep on bringing up surveys as a measure of qualification for the presidency. if you are making a principled choice and you've looked at the right criteria for a presidency (whether gordon, villar, noynoy, gibo, etc.), whomever you are voting for is never a wrong one.

what we're trying to correct are those folks who just pick among the "top two" choices of the country because only these two are "winnable". yung mga botanteng parang feeling ba e mapapahiya pag hindi nanalo kandidato nya... ano to, boxing? i sense that you get my point.

intelligent voters & gordon: the association seems to have been born based on observation. just look around in forums, and see that other candidates' supporters seem to be using the wrong criteria & logic for picking their candidate.

picking a candidate nowadays has been made so complicated and overly analytical, that we've forgotten how beautifully simple it is: pick the guy who can do the job best. philippine elections have always been popularity contests, who would disagree? people lack the desire to research and make contemplated decisions (in short, lazy), that's why they depend on other people's opinions. how do you know other people's opinions? surveys.

now, for people sticking it out with an able leader like gordon despite that he's lagging the surveys, simply means they are making a principled choice. between a person sticking to a principled choice vs a person voting because of winnability, whom do you think can stand on his own & think for himself? if he can think for himself without being swayed by anybody, he's intelligent.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    yun nga ang sinasabi ko there is a big difference in running the Philippines from running a small city and freeport. but I'm not taking anything away from him. yun nga even Binay has a good track record as a local executive will you vote for him as your VP? Duterte was also good, Hagedorn of Puerto Princesa, Osmena of Cebu..they are all good LOCAL executive but are they cut out to be President?

of course I will but there are also other factors that I'm considering. GMA has all the credentials and look what happened...

now we are praising to high heaven that the results of these two polls are accurate and all just bec Gordon came out on top? if supporters of Gordon doesn't believe the SWS and Pulse Asias's result then I think you should also disregard this mock poll results? 'coz according to your candidate surveys are not important.

these mock elections result could have also been rigged.
    big difference running subic vs pinas: i've seen this bad logic far too many times. syempre naman big difference, but are you saying pinas has a better fighting chance with someone who didn't manage successfully a "small" area than someone who did? this is elementary.

cut out to be president: agree, the presidency is not for everybody. that's why i personally use multiple factors for picking: credentials, leadership, character, platform, presence. there are candidates who have character, but lack the other attributes. there are candidates who have credentials, but lack leadership & presence. when picking, find one that has most of these characters. don't be one-sided, don't pick a candidate with just one strength/quality, we need a well-rounded president.

gma has credentials: another fallacy. gma has credentials, and gma has become evil. therefore, anybody who has credentials will become evil? again, elementary.

gordon leading mock polls: who's saying the polls where gordon is leading are accurate? who's claiming that gordon is the absolute winner because the polls here are showing it? i think the other camp is the one saying that. we've even gotten used to being called a supporter of the "kulelat". go check.

what we celebrate though is the fact that more educated people who have access to the internet and students of our premiere universities UP, ateneo & la salle, who are more capable of critical thinking, rank gordon higher than those so-called top two presidentiables. that's something to toast about.

but when one of those two "lesser evils" wins it, that's no longer our fault, right? our conscience is clean.

here's a question to ask ourselves at the polling booth: "when i vote for this candidate, will he allow me to sleep well, with the decision i make, during six years of his presidency?"

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    who said that people are voting bec of survey results? probably some but not here, not me. if I choose other candidate it's not bec I was sway by the survey.
    - hoping that some Pinoy may think like that, because some pinoy does still go with the flow of surveys alone

majority of the people already know who they will vote for even before the survey's result came out.

I agree with you that everybody has the right to vote for whoever they want, whatever the reasons maybe, it's their rights anyhow then I hope the Gordon supporters will just stop self proclaiming themselves as the only "intellect voters" and branding other Presidential candidates supporters as the stupid voters. nobody has the monopoly of intelligence.
    - sorry if other supporters do, as anyone or everybody is unique and intellect.

I really don't want to join the discussion bec politics and religion are two topics that people will never change their stands, nobody will budge anyway and whatever we say here wala naman tayong magagawa talaga eh, I only have one vote as if it can change anything.
    - two topics that will be never ending story.

but pag nakakabasa ako na pag Gordon supporters intelligent voters pag ibang candidate ang sinusupport eh mga bobo na, especially pag nag post yun isang fanatic na si mick2.
    lumalabas kasi Gordon supporters are belittling the intelligence of other candidate's supporters.
    - my apology
    - if I may please call on the attention of other forumers to please learn how to respect each reply on every thread, especially here in the Politics forum; we have our own candidate, that is what & who he wants to vote, so lets leave him for that. Let us not be dictated on who to vote, but to vote a candidate whom you perceive that will uplift our country.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Well said.
    It doesnt really matter if Gordon comes last, as long as we voted for the candidate that we firmly believe will be the best.
    Doing the right thing for the right reason.
    We are already missing the reason why we have elections.
    WHY DO WE HAVE ELECTIONS?
    Last edited by 4JGtootsie; April 24th, 2010 at 05:30 PM.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Hindi tayo dapat pumili ng mananalo, pumili tayo kung saan tayo ang magiging panalo.

meron na naman high blood dito

iwasan kasi ang cholesterol!

at ngumiti kasi

wag masyado seryoso sa buhay!

hehe.

pero oks lang kung dito mo inilalabas ang kalungkutan ng buhay mo.. hehe

Gordon for 2010

it's either Gordon or don't vote at all. the rest are dumb decisions...

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by innoBOB[09JmtG] View Post

Gordon for 2010

it's either Gordon or don't vote at all. the rest are dumb decisions...
    here we go again..

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    tsk! tsk! tsk! i guess that's the real reason why this country wont progress

rephrase:

if you want change/progress/development/something getting done/value for the tax we pay, vote for Gordon

if you're happy with the philippine gov't now/don't want change/maintain corruption in all sector/maintain all injustices/maintain all crimes/maintain money=power, don't vote for gordon

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Gordon tops U.P. automated mock polls