Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
Don't take me too seriously, geez!
ever since time immemorial jeepney strikes are a pain in the ass be it here in MM or in the provinces, maybe that is why they are shifting to the provinces to make the evening news so as to dramatize their cause. but when was the last time a general strike really did work......if i may say so, panahon pa ni marcos yun.

the issue of phasing out jeepneys as far as i can remember was taken when we were required to read tabloids in my grade school days.

as a jeepny rider and a driver since 1984....the only time that traffic seem to vanish was exactly this time last year when diesel was close to 50 pesos per liter.

true, the jeepneys ang talagang salot sa mga main thoroughfares in MM. nakakainit talaga ng ulo yung mga yan....i know when the driver cuts the left lane and the new civic with a plate starting with the letter N blows the horn....laban ka?

maybe on monday its gonna take you half the travel time on your way to your destination. but i guess you have to bear the brunt of the traffic on your way back home because they will be back just like all planned stopages.

strike or no strike.....back to square 1 lang tayo dito sa manila......

ps.....the only time i drive and pay 150 for parking is on sundays when manny paquiao fights.....as in no jeeps and tricycles on the road