New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Problem kasi is mas gusto nila ang negative. Bad news is good news para sa media kahit minsin ay hindi totoo. Last month lagi report a front page mga kidnap na mga pinoys sa Africa but nung narelease na sila dahil sa negotiation ng goverment ay wala ako nakita sa TV na news nito. Then last night lang hindi ko pa siguro malalaman kung hindi ako search sa internet na last year ay 210 Billion ang budget deficit natin but this year ay 65 billion nalang. wala ako nakita sa TV or Dyaryo na good news na ganyan.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dprox View Post
    Granted that all administrations had their share of gross corruption, what we can be sure of
    - from the psywar and showbiz standpoints - are:
    1. GMA's political infowar machinery does not meet the demands of the info age
      (no www during FVR admin; he topnotched the psyops course in Ft.Benning);
    2. her showbiz quotient is in an all-time low
      (she's a nerd after all, Erap is still acting, and Nora Aunor has gone down the tubes).

My two takes on perception.
    I'm actually a fan of Ramos if only for that fact:

He was one clever guy.

Ramos's administration was punctuated by scandals involving millions of dollars and big rollers... the selling off of government assets (a trend continued by Arroyo)... and the now infamous power outages and traffic...

But "Steady Eddie" took it all with a grin and a big "thumbs up". He was a master at manipulating the media and putting a positive spin on things.

What does Gloria do? Whenever she's cornered, she reacts with bluff and bluster. She's abrasive, combative, and manages to make foes out of allies, again and again. She doesn't hide her emotions well, and her handlers manage to make huge muddles out of small issues... the Manila Peninsula incident being the latest blunder, PR-wise, that the administration has performed... they had an ironclad grip on the situation, and they managed to resolve it quickly, but then they went overboard like panicky little children emptying a bottle of bleach on a ketchup stain.

In terms of the ability to put a good spin on things, PR-wise, Gloria is almost as bad as Erap. But she's got a sharp legal mind, or at least, sharp legal advisors, and that's helped her stave off impeachment again and again, and that, plus tremendous bribes for Congress, helps keep her in power... but only just... as soon as the House Majority sees an out from the situation, they'll probably throw her to the dogs...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    when headlines of newspapers become opinionated, that's the time to ditch it. kasi meron naman opinion section eh.

Philippine Star the best!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    i wonder though what your opinions gonna be on that particular section seeing all your previous posts hehehe, joke lang. paganti lang for mitsu fanbois
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I don't believe in survey... pareho lang sila kawatan!

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    The one who commissioned the survey was indeed the opposition (UNO) and Ex-Sen Serge Osmena. Even Erap commented that the survey was not credible when he was placed as more corrupt than Ramos. Yet Lacson, Legarda and Roxas, three presidential wannabes, pounced on the opportunity to sing the song the media wants to hear...

Serge: So what if I paid for poll?

Former senator Sergio Osmeña III, who had worked for the opposition as election campaign manager, admitted Wednesday he commissioned the Pulse Asia survey that labeled President Arroyo as the "most corrupt" leader in the country’s history, but said he saw nothing wrong with it.

In a text message to The STAR, Osmeña did not take offense at the tirades of Sen. Miriam Defensor Santiago, who belittled the results of the survey and called for an inquiry to look into the integrity of survey firms.

"Yes. Any problem?" the former senator replied when asked if he commissioned the survey.

Pulse Asia confirmed it was Osmeña who commissioned the Ulat ng Bayan nationwide survey conducted from Oct. 20-31.

Pulse Asia executive director Ana Maria Tabunda, however, defended their findings as "fair irrespective of who commissioned it." Yeah right...

"The results are independent of who commissioned it," Tabunda stressed to The STAR.

Osmeña said the same. "The questions were not biased. Pulse (Asia) removes all that (bias) or they will not conduct the poll," he said. "We also want bias removed so we get an accurate read of the people’s pulse."

In an interview with ANC News Channel Wednesday, Osmeña, campaign manager for the United Opposition in the May elections, said he wanted to test the political awareness of the public in relation to the 2010 elections.

The nationwide poll found that 42 percent of Filipinos believed Mrs. Arroyo is the most corrupt Filipino leader of all time, even surpassing the 35 percent of late dictator Ferdinand Marcos, who allegedly stole billions of dollars during his 20-year rule.

Malacañang, however, blamed the media for the Filipinos’ corrupt perception of the President.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    dapat sila na lang magpatakbo ng COMELEC kung iniisip nila accurate sila.

sobra redundant na, tinawag pa Pulse Asia, ni wala man lang poll sila nilalabas tungkol sa Asia

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    dapat palitan company name nila to "False Asia".
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bladerunner View Post
    dapat sila na lang magpatakbo ng COMELEC kung iniisip nila accurate sila.

sobra redundant na, tinawag pa Pulse Asia, ni wala man lang poll sila nilalabas tungkol sa Asia
    you really reminded me of oldblue.

aminin man natin o hindi but me i missed ob parang walang kulay kung wala sya eh.

thanks bladerunner you really add colors to the forums. i don't give a damn what they call it but for me i call it beauty.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by safeorigin View Post
    dapat palitan company name nila to "False Asia".
    hahahahahahahaha

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
GMA: Most corrupt president