New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    It's good to know that a huge majority of the people here don't believe most of th crap peddled by the so called free press. However, we must admit that there's corruption in the country and it is affecting our very own welfare.

I believe that if we can influence as much voting masa as we can and veer them away from media influence or at least educate them on how to more critically read the news then perhaps, by next election less corrupt politicians will be elected.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    well, let's just say that press guys like using the theme: "ultra-hyperboled malencholic non-rhyming poetry of unheard revelations from a comatosed cactus whose readers are unwittingly gullible enough to believe in everything they say {breath} then protest for one million peso aguinaldos which the government can't afford then whine some more to get public attention by consulting online sri lankan oracle foretelling the future of iraq when saddam was still alive then copy pasting {breath} everything they heard ,while in the state of high due to overdose of some sort of drug, in a recycled paper used as diapers 28 hours ago" theme. {pants}

and that covers almost everything.
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffrocks View Post
    World's Ten Most Corrupt Leaders [source:infoplease.com]

1.Mohamed Suharto-Pres. of Indonesia-1967 to 86---$ 15-35 billion
    2.Ferdinand Marcos- Philippines -[1965]1972 to 86---$5-10 billion
    3.Mobutu Sese Seko-Pres.of Zaire -1965 to 97 ---5 billion
    4.Sani Abacha -Nigeria -1993 to 98 ---2 - 5 billion
    5.Slobodan Milosevic-Serbia/Yugoslavia-1989 to 2000 ---1 billion
    6.Jean Claude Duvalier-Pres of Haiti -1971 to 86 ---300-800 million
    7.Alberto Fujimori -Peru -1990 to 2000 ---600 million
    8.Pablo Lazarenko -Prime Min.of Ukraine-1996 to 97 ---114-200 million
    9.Arnoldo Aleman -Nicaragua -1997 to 2002 ---100 million
    10.Joseph Estrada -Philippines 1998 to 2001 ---$78-80 million

Grabe ang pinas two slots na ang nakuha at mag-amo pa
    he he he! don't believe too much on media. remember that INFORMATION IS POWER.... And information can be manipulated and ....could be expensive! Whoever paid for that survey for sure it cost him/her a fortune.
    base on the list above, where is Gloria...si macoy lang yata at si erap.
    I only experienced the last years of macoy's governance and don't care much about politics at that time. but i experienced cory, ramos, erap and gloria. Gloria and ramos maybe corruption level is bad, cory: very bad...erap and macoy worst... thats my own opinion but my parents agree that macoy is the worst...only at present the media is becoming very iresponsible both print and tv..sorry po kung may taga media dito

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Tsikoters check this out! this is from Inquirer.net

--================================================== =====
    ON TARGET
    Most corrupt label: How Marcos would have reacted

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    By Ramon Tulfo
    Inquirer
    Last updated 01:42am (Mla time) 12/18/2007

If Ferdinand Marcos were president and the government were in the pre-martial law era, he would have worried no end over the results of a Pulse Asia survey finding him the most corrupt president of the country.

But our president is Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo, who doesn’t give a hoot what people think about her governance.

The results of a recent Pulse Asia survey of people’s perception of GMA as the most corrupt president seem to have had no effect on her.
    No amount of criticism from the public and media will ever daunt Ms Arroyo because she knows the “stars” favor her.
    She knows that people are tired of having another “Edsa.” She has the complete backing of the military. She has the backing of the House of Representatives. She has the backing of local government officials.

In short, while Marcos would have hung his head in shame over the Pulse Asia survey, Ms Arroyo goes about her business seemingly unaffected by all the brickbats thrown her way.

The sentiment in Malacaņang is that Ms Arroyo is no longer up for reelection, so why should she worry about the people’s perception?
    I was able to have a glimpse firsthand of how Marcos reacted to an adverse report about his government. My comments were contained in a column item I wrote in the then Bulletin Today in 1983 in the aftermath of the assassination of Ninoy Aquino.

In that Bulletin column, quoting unnamed airport sources, I wrote that a certain Fe Gimenez, who turned out to be a member of Marcos’ “Kitchen Cabinet,” boarded a plane at the Manila International Airport carrying an undetermined amount of dollars.

That was the time when the value of the dollar vis-ā-vis the peso had gone up drastically as a result of Ninoy’s assassination.

Apparently, the Marcoses were already panicking and sending out money abroad, but the people didn’t know at that time.
    President Marcos read my column and called up Pat Gonzales, then the executive editor of the Bulletin, to expect a reaction from Malacaņang.

Pat called me to his office and told me my column for the following day had been preempted. He said that as we were talking, Marcos was writing my column for me.

It would be made to appear that I wrote the column, based on a reaction from Malacaņang.

“Mon, the President is worried about the repercussions your column has made on his government.
    Imagine, the President is now your ghost writer!” Pat told me excitedly.

At that time, the Bulletin was the No. 1 newspaper. (The Inquirer came out much later. —RT)

Whatever news or column item that came out of the paper, although it was operating under severe constraints, was taken seriously by Marcos himself.

Remember that at that time, Marcos held people by the neck, and yet, ironically, was concerned about what they thought about him.

What’s Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo’s reaction to adverse reports about her?

During the early days of her administration and before the 2004 national elections, Ms Arroyo also worried about the people’s perception of her as a leader.

She held regular conferences with her staff and publicists on how to improve her image. I attended one or two of such meetings in Malacaņang.

But I notice that after weathering the “Hello Garci” scandal, she no longer worries over reports in the media about how she is running the government.

Copyright 2007 Inquirer. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

To subscribe to the Philippine Daily Inquirer newspaper in the Philippines, call +63 2 896-6000 for Metro Manila and Metro Cebu or email your subscription request here.

Factual errors? Contact the Philippine Daily Inquirer's day desk.
    Believe this article violates journalistic ethics? Contact the Inquirer's Reader's Advocate.
    Or write The Readers' Advocate:
    Last edited by boybi; December 27th, 2007 at 08:23 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Problem is mas worst pa yung mga opposition. Atleast si GMA nagtatrabaho.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Tulfo don't need to emphasized Marcos looting. Gloria works harder than the last four leaders in our country.(Ramos second) Why would she do that if she can just loot money easily. I knew most corrupt leader ay nakaupo lang sa office at nag bibilang lang ng pera.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    to the least lang mga bro, ito eh kadikit ko mismo...hehehe.. pag-nagkaipon-ipon kami, panay ang hinagpis nya kasi 13milyon/year ang isang barangay (kasi talo sya pagka barangay chairman) at ang kalaban eh nagpawala daw ng milyons to ensure his victory. tsskk..tsskk.. sabi ko eh "ba't di ka nagpawala ng husto noon?"

ang pinoy nga naman, bastat may pagkakataon lang bibira agad. to hell with makabayan.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Garapalan talaga ang corruption sa ating bansa.... Kahit saan ka magpunta,- corruption...

Sana, ma-solve ito ng mga namumuno, dahil institutionalized na ang taligmak na gawaing ito.... Sayang ang ating bansa...

5000:boom:

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sige na nga....2nd most corrupt nalang kung ayaw ng karamihan

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    gma bulok..........................

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
GMA: Most corrupt president