New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    this is my opinion:

i guess lahat ng tests from test I-V ay meron leaked questions maski papano.. it started from review centers who can pay as much as million pesos just to have a copy of questionnaires..

tignan nyo sa bawat 2,000 students na mag eenroll sa review centers, almost 10-15thousand pesos ang binabayad ng bawat isa sa mga review centers.. lets compute: 2,000 x 10,000 = 20,000,000 million pesos.. they can pay atleast a Million pesos sa mga gumagawa ng board exam questions..

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rusem View Post
    again, easier said than done... sir, you think that the grueling 6 mos sacrificed by any examinee, not just nursing but for all those courses which requires a
    professional license is just preparing for an exam? and not preparing for their future and someday be able to provide for their family? maybe everyone has their different motivations, but quite sure helping one's family is the leading factor here.

expense? maybe for someone who's nanay doesn't have to approach a loanshark everytime her anak asks for additional allowance used for studying
    materials, review fees, etc... for these ordinary people, they call it investment. hoping that someday their anak, after studying can aid his family.

strong foundation? please, wag naman natin bale walain yung pinaghirapan, ng ibang estudyante na pumasa and refuses to re-take. parang sinabi mo na rin sa kanila from the start na, dahil di ka galing sa school na kaya magbigay ng strong foundation, wala kang karapatang pumasa, kalimutan mo na yang pangarap mo maging lisensyado. of course its a challenge to them... pero para sabihing takot sila because of their not so strong foundation... yun lang ba talaga ang nakikita mo?

for others not so fortunate to afford established learning institutes, board exam is their last hoorah. this is their proving ground para mapansin din sila ng multinational companies which are fixated to graduates coming from schools w/ established backgounds...

if you have experienced preparing for a board exam and you did good, then good for you po. maybe you're right, maybe you know something else that we don't know... but unless you haven't experienced these one big challenge in your life... give credit to whom it's due po... peace out.!

if you have strong foundation, confident ka to face any test, even surprise quiz it's like the car, gun, computer or camera guru na tanungan natin dito sa mga forums sa internet, tested na tested talaga even oral questions. and for those who did pass the test, i'm sure hindi na ganun ka ill-prepared yun to take another test, coz they learned already. yan ang maganda sa honest to goodness true learning, dala-dala mo na for life.

life is full of test. tapos nursing pa ito, buhay ng tao nakataya. pag nasa America ka na, sino mag-rereview sa'yo sa mga spur of the moment challenges.

and pls spare me the "mahirap lang kami" lecture. that's the problem with this country eh, we're such a sucker for the underdog, kaya we're not moving forward. education is all about standards. kung ang standard nito ay ma-susubject din sa same pagbaluktot ng standard ng politico/gobyerno, then we're all hopeless.
    Last edited by oldblue; October 2nd, 2006 at 01:57 PM.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    for board takers and those who took the board exam i am sure youve encountered this scenarios:
    1. eto ang reviewhin niyo ganyang ganyan ng lumalabas sa board exam
    2. concentrate on this subject kasi yan ang lumabas last time
    3. review the previous exam hanapin niyo mga sagot me mga pattern yan( especially if multiple choice)
    4. meron daw leakage, me extr bayad sa review school kung kukuha ka ng leakage, me special review class for that
    5. lalabas ang leakage a day before so kita kita tayo sa ganitong lugar

kung may leakage man 7 out of 10 would not what to get hold of it, kahit sinong tao would like to have at least a glance or a glimse of the leakage, e kung yun ang key for you to be on top why not grab it...

yan ang hirap, most would want to see what going on, once a **** is droppped pasahan at sisihan na, where in fact lahat naman me kasalanan...

even if you whole heartedly say that you didint cheat, your conscience is clear, you cant buy every mind in the world, a stain will always be a stain and you can nevre remove it, it will leave an unsighty mark that forever be there unless proper rectification is observed.

not all were given the suppose leakage, however they are involve and included in the retake, why? that would be unfair in their part, they did all th reviewing with all heart and that is what they will get??? what i could say about this is take the exam again if you pass it again you really are intended to be a nurse, or take another exam, like CG or NCLEX, i am sure your main reason why you took nursing is to be out of the country for a future here in the phil is nil, if you passed other exam, that would be credited more when you apply for a job in other countries...

the "leakage"is a bad reputation for all the professionals in the phillippines then, now and the next generation, a small black dot in a white clean paper would still matter in totality, imo, clean the mess=) peoples life are at stake here its no laughing matter.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by space invader View Post
    this is my opinion:

i guess lahat ng tests from test I-V ay meron leaked questions maski papano.. it started from review centers who can pay as much as million pesos just to have a copy of questionnaires..

tignan nyo sa bawat 2,000 students na mag eenroll sa review centers, almost 10-15thousand pesos ang binabayad ng bawat isa sa mga review centers.. lets compute: 2,000 x 10,000 = 20,000,000 million pesos.. they can pay atleast a Million pesos sa mga gumagawa ng board exam questions..
    this surprises me, 10k to 15k ang bayad sa review centers? big fraction na ng isang college tuition. how many days session kaya ito? nakakapagtaka, everytime pumapasok ang June or October, puro daing ang mga studyante na kesyo ang mahal mahal ng tuition sobra na daw gobyerno. na-memedia pa ng husto.

pero they're willing to spend this sum on review centers? it's quite surprising na mums the word sila sa mga review centers for charging exorbitant fees on the sole purpose of reviewing them? tsk tsk ...

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    this surprises me, 10k to 15k ang bayad sa review centers? big fraction na ng isang college tuition. how many days session kaya ito? nakakapagtaka, everytime pumapasok ang June or October, puro daing ang mga studyante na kesyo ang mahal mahal ng tuition sobra na daw gobyerno. na-memedia pa ng husto.

pero they're willing to spend this sum on review centers? it's quite surprising na mums the word sila sa mga review centers for charging exorbitant fees on the sole purpose of reviewing them? tsk tsk ...
    yup bro, that's the prices ng mga review centers, at least 5,000 pesos and up ang range nyan, but yng mga sikat na review centers which they claim na mataas ang passing rate nila (which is true nman), charges 10thou and up.. they provide reviewers, test papers, airconditioned venues and speakers who teach students about the board exam.. ang style ng pagtuturo nila can help students understand some topics in nursing.. magaling tlga ang mga nagtuturo sa mga review center.. it depends on the review center kung pano ang sessions nila.. usually 2-3 months before the board exams ang start ng review classes.. there are options if u want everyday (including sat. and sun) ang review mo, some nman ay twice a week ang review..

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    baluktot ba yung to give credit to whom it's due? di naman sinabing pang mahirap lang yung credit eh... "to whom it's due..."

ba't nga pala nung nagkaroon ng leakage sa bar exams, eh pinag retake pero cancel din??? di ba mas importanteng profession ang pagiging (not discriminating the nursing profession) abogado??? these are examinees which came from schools w/ very strong foundations?!?

http://www.lawphil.net/courts/bm/cancel100403_2003.html

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by resmile View Post
    The effect of this one is global! The world is now seeing the Philippines a a nation of CHEATERS!!! Kakaawa naman tayo...
    akala ko alam na ng buong mundo na cheaters talaga tayo kahit sa election noon pa man....guess who is the best cheater?

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    kaya nga may bagong kasabihan ngayon ang mga estudyante na:

it's better to cheat, than to repeat! hehehehe...

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    and pls spare me the "mahirap lang kami" lecture. that's the problem with this country eh, we're such a sucker for the underdog, kaya we're not moving forward.
    Exacto!!

The right thing to do is frequently not the easiest. An appeal to emotion (for sympathy) to do something which may be detrimental to the country in the long run is the easy way out.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    so what's the use of board exams? why not just abolish board exams altogether?
    Exactly. Just state that to work in the Philippines, the student has to pass the NCLEX. Tapos!

And note, hindi culture bound ang NCLEX. It's based on practical and clinical questions that may come up in the course of work, so it's a very good indication of whether a nurse is qualified for employment.

The only thing we need is a trustworthy center to give the exams here. The nearest one is in another country.

Better than the Philippine Boards? Hehehe... you decide.
    Last edited by niky; October 2nd, 2006 at 03:25 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
GMA Laban O Bawi nursing exam.