New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    mahirap na laban yang chief justice na yan kasi supreme court na mismo ang nag-decide na pwede mag-appoint si GMA. Dehins ako sure kung gaano katagal ang term na ibang justices. pero kung may maalis during his term, dun na lang siya bumawi sa pag-aapoint ng mga justices niya.

in the meantime, imbes na pagtuunan niya ng pansin, planuhin na nila ng mga kasama nila ang mga konkretong hakbang tungo sa pagbabagong ipinangako niya sa kampanya. kung sa panahong ito ay malabo pa sa supreme court ang pagbabago, maraming pang sektor ng lipunan ng pwedeng unahin.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Bakit sa US, the President only nominate a SC justice when there is already a vacancy.

Iba ba ang appoint at nominate?

Si Corona ba would have to go to a confirmation process?

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    if i were corona, i would take the appointment and announce that i will resign once aquino is sworn in ..

4. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Like other constitutional appointments, the Chief Justice will serve up to 7 years or until retirement (70), whichever comes first.

Kung bata pa tong Chief Justice na to, GMA is somehow secured until the next president after Noynoy. Ang galing talaga!

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Agree. Corona should decline...

9909:gotcha:

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by lancy09 View Post
    Like other constitutional appointments, the Chief Justice will serve up to 7 years or until retirement (70), whichever comes first.

Kung bata pa tong Chief Justice na to, GMA is somehow secured until the next president after Noynoy. Ang galing talaga!
    I think this is incorrect. Justices of the SC are not hindered by a fixed term of 7 years. They can serve until 70, voluntary resignation or impeachment.

Fixed terms only apply to constitutional commissions like the COA, CSC and the COMELEC (and the CHR yata).
    Last edited by Galactus; May 13th, 2010 at 11:22 AM.

7. Join Date
    May 2004
    yep until 70, no fixed term.
    on the other side kaya umaangal si noynoy(actually palagay ko hindi sya kundi yung mga taga "Firm" (Cruz, Marcelo, etc)). vested interest nila syempre si Carpio(ex member ng Firm) umupo kaso ayaw ni Carpio si GMA mag appoint sa kanya kaya sa nag decline. kung natatandaan nyo si Carpio ang unang appointee ni GMA sa supreme court nung magkakadikit pa si GMA at saka "the Firm" until the falling out nung Garci (depende sa taong titingin yung iba dahil sa HL). so i think naggugulangan lang dalawang kampo kaso i dont think kaya nila si GMA sa gulangan.:D

8. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by H1Tman View Post
    With GMA, nothing surprises me anymore.

She shows no delicadeza, no remorse, no statemanship, pure BS.
    By her personality, she's the ugliest thing I've ever saw..

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    i was so sure pandak would appoint one during her term. . .relying on the independence of the three gov't bodies from each other, she knows (the fat gentleman told her) that a president noynoy will have not much power to unseat corona. . .only an impeachment can do that, which will be a long and complicated process

the new gov't can assassinate corona, if they want to

ang galing talaga ni darth pandak. . .sooo deep into the dark side na talaga

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Noynoy should have sent discreetly (but not traceable sa kanya) an emissary na lang kay Corona and tell him to decline the appointment and Noynoy would eventually appoint him come June 30. (pwede kaya yon?)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
GMA appointed new Chief Justice