New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    if i'm going to choose between the two, i'll choose the fitter one. kasi si gordon may double-chin ibig sabihin puwede lakas kain, lakas consume resources just so he becomes a matalino

kung matalino ka nga, tapos ang dami consume natural resources. parang ala lang la sacrifice

dapat matalino kahit gutom

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by safeorigin View Post
    ad hominem dude

that very clan also abandoned him(technically them) btw

so... he pretty much isn't an oligarch
    political turncoatism runs in the family!

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    i've had the (dis)pleasure of personally hearing both gibo and gordon elaborate on their vision for our country. Gibo is quite charming and very personable. Very articulate and sounded sincere. His intelligence shone through as he was making his points, albeit in a very simple conversational english.

Gordon on the other hand is quite the opposite. Arrogant, cocky and, instead of emphasizing on his plans for the country, sounded like he was 'sermonizing' the crowd - mind you, he was doing this to 270 of his fellow lawyers. He sounded like he was the only one who has any idea on what is good for the phils.

Based on what I saw and heard, gordon is scratched as my second choice for president. He may be a good leader, but something about the way he carries himself disturbs me and imho, giving him the reigns of the government will not be such a good idea.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    so how did your analysis of Gibo go along?
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    analysis? Gibo has great plans and I have no doubt that if he gets elected, however unlikely, he will make a great president. His vision and thinking is at once both simple but not simplistic. Elaborate and well. He knows what is wrong with our country and he has a plan in place to address the problems. Well, thats what a great mind will do for you.

The only thing that prevents me from choosing him is his belonging to GMAs party and of course being identified with her. People who vote for him wont be wasting their vote even if he eventually loses.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    hmmm... too ad hominem via association tbh

but there's also no permanent alliances in politics so it's hard to say now that gibo was practically abandoned by GMA

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Miting View Post
    if i'm going to choose between the two, i'll choose the fitter one. kasi si gordon may double-chin ibig sabihin puwede lakas kain, lakas consume resources just so he becomes a matalino

kung matalino ka nga, tapos ang dami consume natural resources. parang ala lang la sacrifice

dapat matalino kahit gutom
    Its also possible na mass matanda at mass shorter in height si Gordon.
    Metabolism slows down while you get older and weight distributionbeacause of the frame..... Just a thought bro. Peace!

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    the people who associate with a candidate, especially the political party where one belongs to, is highly relevant in determining the moral fitness of the candidate. bakit naman ad hominem yun? eh considering na alam naman natin dito ang kalakaran sa pilipinas - especially sa mga politicians. ad hominem or hindi, importante pa rin yang factor.

di ba sabi nga - tell me who your friends are and ill tell you who you are.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    I know a lot of people who are rooting for Gibo. But most of these people whom I spoke to will only vote because of certain connections with people who are associated with Gibo. So, it follows that qualifications only mask the true intention of these people voting for Gibo, it is because of their selfish motivations and interest that bound them to Gibo, nothing more. Ika nga, para tuloy ang ligaya ni Gloria.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Tailhook View Post
    the people who associate with a candidate, especially the political party where one belongs to, is highly relevant in determining the moral fitness of the candidate. bakit naman ad hominem yun? eh considering na alam naman natin dito ang kalakaran sa pilipinas - especially sa mga politicians. ad hominem or hindi, importante pa rin yang factor.

di ba sabi nga - tell me who your friends are and ill tell you who you are.
    and by that logical deduction, the liberal party is the most morally fit political party. . .

selfish motivations and interest
    let's see. . .

from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bandwagon_effect
    Bandwagon effect, also known as "cromo effect" and closely related to opportunism, is a phenomenon - observed primarily within the fields of Microeconomics, Political science and Behaviorism - that people often do and believe things merely because many other people do and believe the same things. The effect is often called herd instinct. People tend to follow the crowd without examining the merits of a particular thing. The bandwagon effect is the reason for the bandwagon fallacy's success.
    The bandwagon effect is well-documented in behavioral psychology and has many applications. The general rule is that conduct or beliefs spread among people, as fads and trends clearly do, with "the probability of any individual adopting it increasing with the proportion who have already done so".[1] As more people come to believe in something, others also "hop on the bandwagon" regardless of the underlying evidence. The tendency to follow the actions or beliefs of others can occur because individuals directly prefer to conform, or because individuals derive information from others. Both explanations have been used for evidence of conformity in psychological experiments. For example, social pressure has been used to explain Asch's conformity experiments[2], and information has been used to explain Sherif's autokinetic experiment.[3]
    When individuals make rational choices based on the information they receive from others, economists have proposed that information cascades can quickly form in which people decide to ignore their personal information signals and follow the behavior of others.[4] Cascades explain why behavior is fragile—people understand that they are based on very limited information. As a result, fads form easily but are also easily dislodged. Such informational effects have been used to explain political bandwagons.[5]
    guess which political parties will politicians(corrupt or not) will most likely join.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Gibo or Gordon? Parehong magaling at matalino!