New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by safeorigin View Post
    and by that logical deduction, the liberal party is the most morally fit political party. . .

let's see. . .

guess which political parties will politicians(corrupt or not) will most likely join.
    I have never mentioned that Liberal party is morally fit. There is no such animal in Philippine politics. Even Machiavelli dissociated the moral from the political that is why he espoused the view that the end justified the means. In election time, it will always be numbers game. The more numbers you have, the greater chances of winning. The more members you have, the heavier financial bag you have at the end of the day.

The reason why a lot of local politicians are jumping ship to Villar is because of two points: 1. Villar has the ability to provide funds to the local politicians; and 2. Villar has the political clout to push himself and his supporters to victory. Obviously, up to this time, the local politicians have not felt any concern from Lakas especially from funding arrangements.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    tabularasa:
    I know a lot of people who are rooting for Gibo. But most of these people whom I spoke to will only vote because of certain connections with people who are associated with Gibo. So, it follows that qualifications only mask the true intention of these people voting for Gibo, it is because of their selfish motivations and interest that bound them to Gibo, nothing more. Ika nga, para tuloy ang ligaya ni Gloria.
    your post in another thread (March 30)

Well, you should read post #163 before you hasten in judging this thread. It is a post that you call self-explanatory. And please address the matter-of-factly arguments to Gordon supporters and not to Noynoy or Villar supporters because we definitely made a choice whom to vote for. If you think it offends you, well the same choice that you have offends us. As the saying goes, the sauce for the goose is the sauce for the gander. Please stop pretending to be an intellectual because every voter whoever he votes for has the presumption that such vote is meant for the well-being of every Filipino.
    my reply:

ganun?

every voter has the greater good in mind?

you really believe that?

nobody votes with self interest in mind?
    your reply:

Kaya nga presumption ang tawag, unless you can prove otherwise.
    so ano na?

people really vote for the well-being of every Filipino?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    tabularasa:

your post in another thread (March 30)

my reply:

your reply:

so ano na?

people really vote for the well-being of every Filipino?
    They are not contradictory. The presumption still applies. Nung tinanong ko, it showed that they will vote for him because of their connections. Once you knew the motivation for their vote, the presumption no longer applies.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gordon - Galing at Talino, Subok na!

Gibo - Galing at Talino

I think if these was the partner, they will make up a very good competitive country.... If only it was Gordon for President, and, Gibo for VP.... Parehas silang magaling at matalino.... I do believe our country will easily rise with these kind of leader(s).... and I also do believe this partners will be a sure win.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    every voter whoever he votes
    actually it is contradictory since this

So, it follows that qualifications only mask the true intention of these people voting for Gibo, it is because of their selfish motivations and interest that bound them to Gibo, nothing more.
    is an assumption by itself
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tabularasa View Post
    They are not contradictory. The presumption still applies. Nung tinanong ko, it showed that they will vote for him because of their connections. Once you knew the motivation for their vote, the presumption no longer applies.
    your presumption has already been proven otherwise in those cases

talk to thousands more people and your presumption will be proven otherwise in thousands more cases

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by safeorigin View Post
    actually it is contradictory since this

is an assumption by itself
    They call that in legal parlance, misleading because you are assuming something that is not mentioned.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    your presumption has already been proven otherwise in those cases

talk to thousands more people and your presumption will be proven otherwise in thousands more cases
    How did my presumption prove to be wrong? Please explain. Are you saying that the presumption that every voter votes for the destruction of the country is the correct one?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tabularasa View Post
    How did my presumption prove to be wrong? Please explain. Are you saying that the presumption that every voter votes for the destruction of the country is the correct one?
    no, not "destruction of the country"

voters vote with their self interest in mind

if i'm a govt contractor, i will vote for someone who will award me govt projects

how many people make their living as govt contractors?

thousands and thousands of them

if i have a relative or friend running for office, i will vote for that relative or good friend

how may people have relatives or friends running for office?

if i'm a businessman, i will vote for someone who will protect the business sector or industry i'm in

how many businessmen are out there?

i can go on and on

i believe people vote with self interest in mind
    Last edited by uls; April 9th, 2010 at 04:27 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    ^aye, very true to this Hobbesian universe we live in
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Gibo or Gordon? Parehong magaling at matalino!