New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMHO, short of bullets and shells being traded between naval vessels, the Chinese will continue to "claim" sea territory that is not theirs.

From the ASEAN states, the only one willing to shoot and will likely shoot first given the opportunity is Vietnam, if Chinese provocation is enough.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    F4ck the Chinese just don't get them pregnant

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    IMHO, short of bullets and shells being traded between naval vessels, the Chinese will continue to "claim" sea territory that is not theirs.

From the ASEAN states, the only one willing to shoot and will likely shoot first given the opportunity is Vietnam, if Chinese provocation is enough.
    Sadly that is the case based on what i see now. They will provoke and bahala tayo to grab it back from them. The US i think will of course exert all effort to avoid a shooting war and will only step in if China goes way over the thin red line.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    I wouldn't take China's threat too seriously. Never reveal your intentions to your potential enemy.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007

7. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    I wouldn't take China's threat too seriously. Never reveal your intentions to your potential enemy.
    China desperately need another aircraft carrier in order to project airpower. The best veneer of an aircraft carrier, the one anchored permanently & therefore cant be torpedoed, is a land mass big enough for an airfield. With just one aircraft carrier which is currently under testing phase china need to augment this far reaching military asset with another one

There are only 2 islands which currently host an airfield in that disputed area, apart from taiwan we hold the other one. Of the 2 airfields ours is the least defended, so to cement their foothold in the area china had their sights on our miserably maintained airfield

Its as serious as it gets obvious

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 4030E using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Last edited by kisshmet; January 14th, 2014 at 12:41 PM.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Nakakapag taka nga, ina announce nila na aatake sila?

Me thinks they're testing the waters...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    The real rulers of China | Opinion, News, The Philippine Star | philstar.com

There have been speculations that the aggressive policies of China in the West Philippine Sea are really being fuelled by three major vested interest groups. First is the state owned China National Offshore Oil Corporation or CNOOC which supports policies for more assertiveness because it believes that the area has significant hydrocarbon deposits. Their close ally is the Chinese navy which wants a bigger budget and a modernized fleet. Then there are the fishing companies which are now predominantly privately owned which makes it harder for the central government to control. There are reports that the Beijing government has not even been able to prevent overfishing by these companies.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456