New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    meron daw pressure from "above".....

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i actually re-registered for next year's election, and was a little exited with the thought of my vote finally being counted.....

the last time i exercised my right to suffrage was the time when erap ran....tagal na

now that we will be reverting back to manual counting, nawalan na ako ng gana bumoto

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Scripted.

Melo is obviously part of GMA's grand plan. He is as corrupt as anybody else. Only a blithering idiot would have all these troubles trying to buy a bunch of computers!

The only solution is Govt takeover by the people. We should kill GMA, FG, all their relatives in position and their dogs in govt. Sieze all properties of the said satanists and give it back to the people.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Laking pera sana kinita nila

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Siguradong si Gloria na naman ang may pakana nyan.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002

Enrile warns poll officials

INQUIRER.net
    July 03, 2009

MANILA, Philippines – Election officials will end up in jail if they fail to either automate or prepare for the manual balloting next year, Senate President Juan Ponce-Enrile warned on Friday.

Enrile said the Commission on Elections should make public its declaration on whether it could automate the 2010 elections, saying the issue should not be left hanging.

“There needs to be a deadline. The automation can’t be open-ended. Comelec should say whether they can do it because if they can’t do it, then they can’t… Otherwise, they will all go to jail,” Enrile said in Filipino at a press conference in the Senate.

“The poll body is the one responsible. They claim that they can automate in a short time and then they can’t and they are not prepared for manual polls. They have to prepare for the manual election as back up while getting ready for automation. It’s back up for the whole exercise,” he said.

At this point, he said, there was no stopping the poll automation “if it can be done.”

But in case this did not push through, Enrile said the Comelec should be prepared to shift to manual balloting.

“We can’t afford not to have an election. I will keep repeating, we can’t afford it. This country will be more than worse than a banana republic if we don’t have an election,” he pointed out.

“It’s better to have a manual election than nothing. Whatever may be the opinion of others, I’d rather have a manual election compared to no elections or failure of election or a revolution because that will be the net result if we have no election,” he further said.

Enrile said the P11.3 billion poll automation budget could be used for manual balloting even without violating the law.

He also saw nothing wrong with the Comelec awarding the project to Smartmatic Inc. even without a local partner since he said the 60-40 share ownership should only apply to public service or a public utility operation.

“I’m not familiar with the law on procurement because I was not here when the law was passed and I don’t know why they will require a Filipino partner for the winning bidder because this activity that we’re discussing, election, hindi naman public service. It’s not a public utility operation, which requires the 60-40 ratio of share ownership of the winning bidder,” he further said.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Firm backs out of 2010 poll automation