New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Kasambahay bill is now a law. Minimum wage is Php 2,500. DH are entitled to SSS, PhilHealth, and Pag-IBIG to be shouldered by the employer if DH Salary is below 5K....

Ano kaya ang parusa sa mga hindi nag abide sa kasambahay law?

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Kailangan pa ba ng IRR (implementing rules and regulations) nito? actually ang iniisip ko dito eh yung day-off. kailangan ba wala sila sa bahay pag D.Off nila? paano kung wala naman silang pupuntahan at sa bahay lang sila? hindi mo sila pwedeng utusan???

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Kasambahay bill is now a law. Minimum wage is Php 2,500. DH are entitled to SSS, PhilHealth, and Pag-IBIG to be shouldered by the employer if DH Salary is below 5K....
    I agree with the P2,500 minimum wage.... Pero, for the employer to also shoulder the SSS, Philhealth and Pag-Ibig if salary is below P5000,- which easily translates to about P1K a month. - I think the P5K salary cut-off is just too high....

If cut-off is say P3000,- then the employer pays P3000 wage + P1000 benefits = total of P4000 maximum per kasambahay
    If cut-off is say P4000, then the employer pays P4000 wage + P1000 benefits = total of P5000 maximum per kasambahay
    NOW- Cut-off is P5000, then the employer pays P5000 wage + P1000 benefits = total of P6000 maximum per kasambahay....

(And then, plus free board and lodging and free food/eat out (you treat them as your family, right?))... which adds another P1500 per month,- then....

Worst case for this,- you "pay P7500 per month" per kasambahay..... And if you have 2 or 3 or 4.... you do the math (and the money you pay is already tax'ed money, right?).... Complicated.

17.9K:cupid2:
    Last edited by CVT; January 24th, 2013 at 10:03 AM.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    kelangan mo din daw ibigay yun basic education ng katulong eh. ang gulo nga.

yun kapitbahay ko dito eh 3 katulong, 1,8k each. grabe magpasahod.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    Ano kaya ang parusa sa mga hindi nag abide sa kasambahay law?
    Principally, the violator of this law will be FINED without prejudice to the filing of civil and/or criminal cases. Pag di ka nakapag remit ng SSS, etc. ibang liability din yun.

SEC. 40. Penalty. – Any violation of the provisions of this Act declared unlawful shall be punishable with a fine of not less than Ten thousand pesos (P10,000.00) but not more than Forty thousand pesos (P40,000.00) without prejudice to the filing of appropriate civil or criminal action by the aggrieved party.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by antonath View Post

In Davao, there is a weekend class for the helpers. That's highschool education. You can avoid this by hiring those in their 40's and no longer interested in going to school. Actually, I prefer a woman for a kasambahay in her 40s single or widow. I have peers who gave me below 18, tinatanggihan ko. I learned from the experience of an acquaintance, she hired a minor, the minor stole her jewelry and undetermined amount of cash. Kahit makasalubong pa niya yung bata di niya pwede kasuhan, otherwise, siya ang makasuhan ng child abuse. Kahit kurot di mo pwede magawa.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Sobrang ok na yung salary scale mandated by law. It depends now on the employer na kilatisin yung i employ niya. Sana, yung tesda would give these kasambahay (would be) training to capacitate them. Wag yung pagdating sa bahay ng amo, medyo takot mag operate ng microwave at ibang kasangkapan na di makikita sa bahay nila. One reason why some helpers cannot do the housework well is because they don't have the same environment at home. Say, the use of toilet, the way they prepare or serve their food. For most of them, wala nga faucet sa probinsiya nila.

I have acquaintances who ought to know that 1,500 is too law for a lone househelp attending to 2 kids. Medyo nganga ako when she said na 1,500 lang daw isweldo ko para kung mag compare notes sa kanyang helper di lilipat sa akin. Pero di ko kinuha dahil minor.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

I agree with the P2,500 minimum wage.... Pero, for the employer to also shoulder the SSS, Philhealth and Pag-Ibig if salary is below P5000,- which easily translates to about P1K a month. - I think the P5K salary cut-off is just too high....

If cut-off is say P3000,- then the employer pays P3000 wage + P1000 benefits = total of P4000 maximum per kasambahay
    If cut-off is say P4000, then the employer pays P4000 wage + P1000 benefits = total of P5000 maximum per kasambahay
    NOW- Cut-off is P5000, then the employer pays P5000 wage + P1000 benefits = total of P6000 maximum per kasambahay....

(And then, plus free board and lodging and free food/eat out (you treat them as your family, right?))... which adds another P1500 per month,- then....

Worst case for this,- you "pay P7500 per month" per kasambahay..... And if you have 2 or 3 or 4.... you do the math (and the money you pay is already tax'ed money, right?).... Complicated.

17.9K:cupid2:
    sana yung pagbabayad ng SSS na yan may system in place na. Does the law require the employer to fall in line to pay for Inday's contribution? Dito ako natatawa. So ilang araw aalis si Maya during the month to pay for SSS, etc.? Dadalhin ba ni Maya si Abby sa SSS, dahil walang proxy e. sana meron sila Sunday service for Maya to pay those premiums. Ok lang for those employers na may mga utusan para magbayad sa SSS, etc. Yung iba na walang SSS at government nag work, di part sa kanilang routine ang pumunta dito.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ab_initio View Post
    sana yung pagbabayad ng SSS na yan may system in place na. Does the law require the employer to fall in line to pay for Inday's contribution? Dito ako natatawa. So ilang araw aalis si Maya during the month to pay for SSS, etc.? Dadalhin ba ni Maya si Abby sa SSS, dahil walang proxy e. sana meron sila Sunday service for Maya to pay those premiums. Ok lang for those employers na may mga utusan para magbayad sa SSS, etc. Yung iba na walang SSS at government nag work, di part sa kanilang routine ang pumunta dito.
    yan ang dapat gawin ng SSS/PHIC/HDMF na facility for all those that will remit... same issue w/ BIR.. pera na nga ng tao ang kinukulekta nila... tao na nga ang gumawa ng report para sa kanila (na dapat sila ang gumagawa) tapos yung tao pa ang pahirapan sa pila....

kung yung kasambahay naman ang pipila... eh ano ngayon ang maiiwan na productive hours para gawin yung in the first place ay dapat na trabaho sa bahay?

minsan talaga mas madali gumawa ng batas in the name of getting re elected kesa magpatupad ng batas....

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by antonath View Post

I assume that you live in Metro Manila. If so, then that is just oppressive. The law should be running after them.

18.0K:sailor:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
FAT-FREE ECONOMCS | Why we don't need the Kasambahay and Solo Parents bills