New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
  1. Join Date
    May 2004
    i think she succeeded. six pages na and counting. naging instant celebrity sya like any politicians out there.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by resmile
    who? Raul Gonzales? YES!!!!

peace
    silang dalawa. KSP kulang sa plano si inday

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue
    actually hindi boba tingin ko dyan, scheming. she planned it from the start.
    yun na nga...yung pinaka least effective na plan yung pinili niya....unless her only objective was to embarrass herself, the school, and the president - in which case successful siya.

maybe boba was not the right description...."walang class" might be a better one ;)

4. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered
    Jay Leno said Filipinos are monkeys? fukk him. that kid who asked me if all filipinos were domestic helpers got a bruised throat and a chipped tooth. maybe someone should do the same to Jay if that is true.
    Sir M54, mahirapan ka dyan kay Jay. Both tooth and throat are protected by a large block-like protrusion. Dapat mag-practice ka muna ala Kill Bill.

Para hindi OT, I think national TV is the perfect time & place to try that out on Mr. Jay. Parang Jerry labas nyan.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by konde
    here is Winnie Monsod's take on this issue:

Get Real : No role model

First posted 01:51am (Mla time) April 29, 2006
    By Solita Collas-Monsod
    Inquirer

Editor's Note: Published on Page A12 of the April 29, 2006 issue of the Philippine Daily Inquirer

...If Secretary Raul Gonzalez had his way, he would throw the book at Pangilinan, citing Articles 153 and 154 of the Revised Penal Code, which penalize those who “cause any serious disturbances in a public place, office, or establishment, or shall interrupt
    or disturb public performances, functions or gatherings, or peaceful meetings,” and those who “by the same means, or by words, utterances or speeches shall encourage disobedience of the law or the constituted authorities or praise, justify or extol any act punished by law.” He has pointed out “aggravating circumstances”: where the crime is committed “in the palace of the chief executive or in his presence, or where public authorities are engaged in the discharge of their duties.” Which means that the penalty could be closer to the longer period prescribed by the law, which is from six months to two years in prison.

Chill, Mr. Secretary. In the first place, if you decide to apply those penal code provisions fairly, you are going to have to put in jail almost everyone, including Speaker Joe de Venecia and his pro-Charter-change group, Interior Secretary Ronaldo Puno, Chair Benjamin Abalos of the Commission on Elections and their underlings who have, by their so-called people’s initiative, encouraged disobedience of the law and of the Supreme Court ruling on it. You can’t ignore them while you pick on this 23-year-old youth. That would add “bully” to the list of pejoratives that have been used to describe you.

In the second place, if you lay a finger (figuratively) on that girl, you will be not only blowing the incident out of proportion, but you will be making a martyr out of her. Not only those in her age group, but also parents in general, will be incensed by the heavy-handedness and the bias, starting with the 1,500-odd students who did not join her or applaud her actions during the commencement ceremonies and their parents. They were the ones hurt by the disruption of the ceremonies (certainly not the President, who has been subjected to infinitely more disrespect from her colleagues in politics), but their disapproval will surely turn to sympathy...
    Well Ms. Pangilinan shouldn't be able to get away with it either. Perhaps some kind of fine is prescribed in the Penal Code for her abovementioned offenses?

I don't think any opposing spin doctor could make much out of a simple fine with no jailtime.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niwde11
    i think she succeeded. six pages na and counting. naging instant celebrity sya like any politicians out there.
    Well, I guess this is true. TV shows, comments from the newspapers, talked all around the campus, etc.

IMO, what she has succeeded in doing is that she made herself popular and not the cause she was shouting about.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    not really, she's just the talk of the town for now. the menu for the week or month.

\ months from now nobody will even bother remembering the incident.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Yup shes enjoying all the attention after this laos na like an old prosti wala na suki.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mabuti pa 'tong estudyante na 'to...alam nya ang nangyayari sa bayan nya at di sya nagbubulagbulagan even at her young age...and that was more than 3 years ago. how time flies...i'm not sure if other members here would post the same comments against this student had she done it at this current time.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
"fake president"