New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 51 of 86 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    Ramos and Enrile gambled bro,- and they knew that they have the nation's support, who are just waiting for a splinter group from the military to break out...

Well, Trillanes and company just did what they thought was right. Hinaing ng mga Jr. Officers of the armed forces. No public support. That's the big difference.

BTW, am no supporter of those two ex Presidents.
    Enrile wasn't even thinking of the poeple. He wanted to be the top honcho -- replace an ailing Marcos. But after his (and RAM's) coup plot was discovered by Marcos, he was just saving his own a-s-s (from getting arrested by Marcos), that's why he holed up in Aguinaldo. It was just lucky for him and Ramos that people rallied to their side with the help of the Church. I doubt they knew at that time, or even planned it, for people to come to their side. It was happenstance.

Trillanes and Co. had no such luck, although they wanted people to rally to their side.

But saying that Enrile knew he had the people's support that's why he broke with Marcos is a big stretch of the imagination. Enrile only takes care of Enrile. To hell with the people.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Was one of the early birds in our precinct. Except for them being offline, and they had to use manual list of voters to verify us, everything else went without a hitch.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    ex-VP Binay's vote rejected!

https://news.mb.com.ph/2019/05/13/vc...binays-ballot/

kala ko ba bawal ang cellphone? eh bakit kitang kita kinukunan nang cellphone yung balota ni Binay??

Eh baka naman drawing ang ginagawa niyang si Binay hinde shading kaya di mabasa.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinCycle View Post
    Why Socrates Hated Democracy - YouTube

I have to agree that it should take a certain amount of wisdom to be given the privilege (not right) to vote.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    I agree as well. There's no need to establish an elitist group that only gets the right to vote. A certain requirement to weed out morons will suffice. For example, if it took someone 7 years to finish high school then he shouldn't be allowed to vote.... or to run for a government position.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Double post.......
    Last edited by CVT; May 13th, 2019 at 02:09 PM.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlee View Post
    Enrile wasn't even thinking of the poeple. He wanted to be the top honcho -- replace an ailing Marcos. But after his (and RAM's) coup plot was discovered by Marcos, he was just saving his own a-s-s (from getting arrested by Marcos), that's why he holed up in Aguinaldo. It was just lucky for him and Ramos that people rallied to their side with the help of the Church. I doubt they knew at that time, or even planned it, for people to come to their side. It was happenstance.

Trillanes and Co. had no such luck, although they wanted people to rally to their side.

But saying that Enrile knew he had the people's support that's why he broke with Marcos is a big stretch of the imagination. Enrile only takes care of Enrile. To hell with the people.
    The hate for Enrile is more than mutual bro....

They, in spite of their denials, had the underlying intel then and what was then a logical scenario that the people would choose the lesser evil and so that gave them an option... Lucky? Yes, but a gamble that tipped in their favor.

But with Trillanes and company, it's a shot in the dark. Something that was internal in their organization. And again, even his mistahs were divided. Yes, some people were disenchanted with GMA, but there was no critical mass to support such action. The promise of support did not materialize, and yet they still continued with their rampage.

Soldiers pledged to serve the people. Not their interests.

Rebellion and the resulting economic sabotage should not be pardoned. It encourages the others to follow that path.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    tabaco was holed up in HQ, contemplating to fight to his corporeal end. he didn't know how many bodies and metal, he could really count on. he was, like, playing "game of the generals" for real. at that time, there were no cellphones.
    it is pure happenstance that the critical mass generated by other entities, voted in his favor.
    some writers did not consider it a real critical mass, as it included only the metro manila area. but hey! "it worked", and that is what matters.

trilly read the people wrong. that is why his activity failed miserably.

lolo simply had little choice, and saw the opportunity. you know, "the enemy of my enemy is my friend".
    but hey! isn't that what builds history? opportunity.

OT.
    Last edited by dr. d; May 13th, 2019 at 01:26 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    When you see it...

Sent from my SM-T825Y using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008

Rebellion and the resulting economic sabotage should not be pardoned. It encourages the others to follow that path.
    that depends. "who won?"

10. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    The hate for Enrile is more than mutual bro....

They, in spite of their denials, had the underlying intel then and what was then a logical scenario that the people would choose the lesser evil and so that gave them an option... Lucky? Yes, but a gamble that tipped in their favor.

But with Trillanes and company, it's a shot in the dark. Something that was internal in their organization. And again, even his mistahs were divided. Yes, some people were disenchanted with GMA, but there was no critical mass to support such action. The promise of support did not materialize, and yet they still continued with their rampage.

Soldiers pledged to serve the people. Not their interests.

You mean to tell me, sir, that Enrile had prior intel that if he staged a coup against Marcos, the people will support him if he succeeds and install himself as leader of a military junta? Because I'm sure Enrile did not stage a coup to install Cory.

As for Trillanes and Co., they did jail time, so they did not really go scot-free or just did simple push-ups to pay for their crime. And if it is any vindication, Trillanes won a senatorial seat simply because people believed in his cause enough to grant him that position later on, at least, which is a small consolation.

Sorry for the OT posts.