New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Imbes na ayusing for national unity ang edsa ay naging "finger pointing" ulit and walang maipakitang positive news na nagawa nya sa term nya. Inaway tuloy sya ng puting kalapati.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Illusions of grandeur...mana sa nanay.

http://www.gmanews.tv/story/213657/b...ther-singapore
    Nangangarap siya ng gising. Hindi nga tayo umunlad ng husto under the Americans (superior Germanic country na 'yan, ha?) sa Pinoy (na kurakot) pa kaya?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    I have never been a material girl. My father always told me never to love anything that cannot love you back.

Funny, I never shopped. Even my jewelry -- not a piece of my jewelry I bought for me

What's wrong with shoes? I collected them because it was like a symbol of thanksgiving and love

I did not have three thousand pairs of shoes, I had one thousand and sixty.

Win or lose, we go shopping after the election

If you know how rich you are, you are not rich. But me, I am not aware of the extent of my wealth. That's how rich we are.

I hate ugliness. You know I'm allergic to ugliness

Imelda Marcos

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    did EDSA 1 bring real change? NO, according to the man who has been trying to withdraw USD 213 millions from Swizz Bank...

Bongbong had direct hand in trying to withdraw $213M from Swiss bank | ABS-CBN News

5. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    [/QUOTE] EDSA 25 years after:

Why is the Philippines poor?

At the turn of the 20th century, the Philippines leamed of promise.

It attained unprecedented human development during the years leading to the commonwelath era.

At the turn of the 21st century, this promise remains unfulfilled. Despite having survived a world war, facing off unending communist separatist rebellions, embraced democracy and ousted dictatorship, the Philippines is still known to be a BASKET CASE & A SICK MAN OF ASIA.

HOW AND WHY DID THE PHILIPPINES AS A NATION FAIL?

There are many opinions on the matter.

When the Filipino forefathers established Asia's fisrt republic, they adopted the UNICAMERAL PARLIAMENTARY system to be free form first colonizer, SPAIN.

When their successors established the Philippine Commonwealth, they adopted the BICAMERAL system under the guidance of the second colonizer, the USA.

This system applied to the Philippines has MAJOR FLAWS:

1. The president was elected directly at large and not indirectly by an eelcted college of local representatives like in the US.

2. Senators were elected in similar manner and not from localities, also different from US system.

3. The commonwealth constitution imposed nationality requirements on strategic economic activities. The US had no such economic restrictions.

Under this poorluy copied system, the President and Senatorial elections were skewed in favor of the ELITE FEW.

During the past 75 years, national elections at large had been dominated by rich and famous candidates. Those who can spend millions and billions to make themselves known to voters. This allowed an oligarchy to exert strong influence over Philippine national politics and economy.

THE ELITE TRIAD

During the last 25 years an ELITE TRIAD has emerged to preserve and protect the status quo of unjust social structures. This ELITE TRIAD is a union of local and foreign vested interest. It composed of the KG- Kamag-anak inc. KP-Kapamilya inc and the CI-Company inc. KG & KP are large enterprises with holdings in MASS MEDIA, PUBLIC UTILITIES AND AGRICULTURE. They are FAMILY BASED. CI is a foreign government institution with a global network created for licit intelligence gathering used instead of illicit foreign intervention.

* The ELITE TRIAD successfully blocked constitutional reforms during the FVR, ERAP and GMA administrations.

* They demonized the main proponents by portraying the move as a power grab or a sell-out. They were behind the sudden rise of Noynoy from obscurity to presidency. WHY?

It's because Noynoy, being a clone of his mohter CORY has and will always oppose constitutional reform in whatever form.

* They were also responsible for the sudden replacement of Pro-economy Mar Roxas with the manupulatable Jejomar Binay.

* The ELITE TRIAS's agenda is both Economic and Political, both local and regional. The economci agendy of KG and KP os to ensure that local consumers remain the captive market of LOCAL MONOPOLISTS.

* They want to ensure that YOU continue to buy from them and not from anyone else.

* They manipulated the 1987 constitution to require min 60% Filipino owneship of Public untilities and Agricultural land.

* They manipulated the 1987 constitution to require min 70% Filipino owneship for advertsing companies.

* They want to prevent foreign investors from entering the local economy and creating competing goods.

* They also restricted foreign investments in education. WHY? Maybe because they want to continue to influence young minds.

* They barred against foreign investors from exploiting oil and natural resources in the Philippines unless they first enter into a joined venture with Philippine businessmen.

They have almost alsolute control over the country's economy.

ELITE TRIAD' POLITICAL AGENDA

* The elite triad's political agenda is, first, to ensure control over selection process for the natioanl government officials.

* The elite triad's second political agenda is to keep government WEAK & INCAPABLE of introducing changes to the status quo of unjust social structures.

* They do this with an ELITE-BIASED ELECTION PROCESS & OWNERSHIP & CONTROL of MASS MEDIA & SURVEY FIRMS.

* They program the minds of Filipinos to think the way they want to think. With this, they decide what issues to discuss or not.

* They decide who is Good and who is Evil.

* They keep government WEAK by separating the executive branch from legislative branch.

* This ensure gridlocks betwwen the separate political branches and trun them against each other.

By keeping the government WEAK by having an inefficient political system, by having control of economic and political system for their own gain, the ELITE TRIAD continue to keep the Philippines captive to their own interests.

"THIS IS THE ELITE TRIAD" : the secret controller of Philippine destiny. They have been around for decades. As long as the Elite triad continue to hold political and economic powers,

THE PHILPIINES WILL REMAIN POOR. [/QUOTE]

---
    ano nga ba ang mga naging magandang benefits nang EDSA REVOLUTION 1986? Sa mga Lopez, Aquino, Cojuangco, Ampatuan at iba pang malalapit sa kanila meron, ewan ko lang sa masa. At saka napansin ko wala sa celebration yung mga tunay na heroes ng EDSA1 like manong Johnny at the RAM boys, mukha pati sila na-uumay na sa naging resulta ng EDSA, yung mga recepient lang ang makikita mo andun sa celebration nung 25,

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    i posted many times -- things are the way they are coz powerful interests want things the way they are

nag imbento pa ng term yung writer -- elite triad

no need for a new term

there's already is a term for that -- OLIGARCHY

Oligarchy | Define Oligarchy at Dictionary.com

a form of government in which all power is vested in a few persons or in a dominant class or clique; government by the few.
    a state or organization so ruled.
    the persons or class so ruling.
    Oligarchy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Oligarchy (from Greek ὀλιγαρχία (oligarkhía); from ὀλίγος (olígos), meaning "a few", and ἄρχω (archo), meaning "to rule, to rule, to command")[1][2][3] is a form of power structure in which power effectively rests with a small number of people. These people could be distinguished by royalty, wealth, family ties, corporate, or military control. Such states are often controlled by a few prominent families who pass their influence from one generation to the next.
    how about plutocracy?

Plutocracy | Define Plutocracy at Dictionary.com

the rule or power of wealth or of the wealthy.
    a government or state in which the wealthy class rules.
    a class or group ruling, or exercising power or influence, by virtue of its wealth.
    Plutocracy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Plutocracy (from Greek πλουτοκρατία (ploutokratia); from Ancient Greek ploutos, meaning "wealth", and kratos, meaning "power, rule") is rule by the wealthy, or power provided by wealth.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
EDSA 1: 25 years later...