New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Alam ko masakit...

Pero I agree na dapat may "driver's license" and "LTO Registration" (not mentioned in the articles) yung mga scooters if used on main thoroughfares.

DOTr to require driver’s license for users of electric, gas scooter — LTO exec | Inquirer

The Department of Transportation (DOTr) will soon require users of electric or gas-powered scooters to secure driver’s license as the department releases guidelines for the use of the said vehicle.
    LTO issues new warning for e-scooters, e-kick scooters | TopGear PH

The Land Transportation Office (LTO) has issued a fresh warning that these forms of alternative mobility are not to be operated on main thoroughfares, as doing so constitutes a violation of Republic Act No. 4136 or the Land Transportation and Traffic Code.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    perhaps because many have shown to be blissfully unaware of traffic rules. i have seen many, myself.
    also, operating them alongside four-wheel vehicles, is really dangerous.
    they are almost invisible, and when involved in an accident, almost always they are hurt in one way or another. the only protection they have, is the clothes they wear.
    Last edited by dr. d; September 22nd, 2020 at 10:14 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    anything yata na propelled by a motor or engine ay dapat registered at may license.. bike lang propelled by legs ang no need ng registration..

i agree na dapat may alam sa road use ang naka e-bike, e-scoot at gas scooter..

siguro bigyan nila ng special / additional restriction sa license na allowed lang to operate such vehicles..

madami ungas na naka e-bike (3-wheel) ang singit ng singit minsan nag counter pa sa kalsada.. tapos yung iba walang ilaw.. nagtitipid sa baterya

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    IMO, we just don't have the proper infrastructure for e-scooters.

They're too slow (and small) for the normal roads. Too fast for sidewalks (pavement/footwalk) and kulang na nga tayo sa proper sidewalks...

As for the licenses... we don't have a national ID, so incase of an accident, may "ID" yung user ng scooter.

Registration... to help in times of theft.

LTO chief pushes for registration of e-kick scooters capable of over 25kph | TopGear PH

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i have experienced a mag-ina blissfully hogging the left most (fast) lane along taft ave in manila, in their e-trike. i think they were doing 24 kph.
    ang sarap banggaan ng mura.

E-scooters, E-kick scooters, Gas Scooters