New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Kakahiya talaga. Tinutulungan na nga tayo, napagbintangan pa.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    sana lang this will jump start the project ... sayang yung oras na nawawala ...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    actually, on-going na ang North Railway construction. sobrang daming squatter na ang na relocate.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Those UP law guys are such d*cks. Blabbing about it and the only research they did is through the internet?!?!? Any grade-school kid could do that.

If your coming out with a study that is so damning and has reprecussions not only to the reputation of people but of countries, don't do it just sitting down in front of the computer. You should go and talk to people behind the contract, see what they really have.

Sheesh!!

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    i'm sure ateneo law will have a field day on this ..

6. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    I got 3 degrees (1 undergrad and 2 graduate) from UP but none of them from the UP law center. I've noticed the decline of quality in UP personnel especially in my last graduate degree which i just graduated from this year. Some of the professors from that course were openly saying that their pay from UP was low and that they would be better off teaching somewhere else.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    sa sobrang pag mamarunong ng UP law at ni Drilon..simpleng backgaround check lang e palpak pa...may ambisyon pang maging presidente ng elephanteng yan...

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Ano kaya slogan ni Drilon sa next election?

Dati iyakin yun eh...

Siguro ano... "Kalaking mama pero palpakin!" tugma parin ano?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpink
    i'm sure ateneo law will have a field day on this ..
    bro -- hindi na kailangan as it will not achieve anything. ateneo lawyers do not have to prove anything.

i just find it so amusing how UP law graduates/lawyers feel so insecure about ateneo lawyers

may na post nga ako about this in relation to the impeachment hearings

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm no lawyer but the way I interpret the Government Procurement Reform Act is that public bidding is a must but can be do away with some alternative way of procurement in which one is Negotiated Procurement as stated below:

SEC. 53. Negotiated Procurement. – Negotiated Procurement shall be allowed only in the following instances:
    a) In cases of two failed biddings, as provided in Section 35 hereof;
    b) In case of imminent danger to life or property during a state of calamity, or when time is of the essence arising from natural or man-made calamities or other causes where immediate action is necessary to prevent damage to or loss of life or property, or to restore vital public services, infrastructure facilities and other public utilities;

http://www.i-site.ph/Record/GPRA/Republic%20Act%209184_(GPRA).doc

If i'm correct that it should be taken into context without being related to that "In case of imminent danger" phrase, what struck me is the last OR. "to restore vital public services, infrastructure facilities and other public utilities;" which sorts of covers the Northrail project. Correct me if i'm wrong though.

Funny though, the GPRA was signed by Drilon.
    Last edited by Mguy; October 7th, 2005 at 05:16 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Drilon and U.P. Law Center messed up on the North Luzon Railway