Jan 2005
    R.I.P. Sen. Flavier.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Flashback:

Manila Health Minister an Unlikely Agent of Satan

Reuters NewMedia, Inc. - 04 Jan 95
    Alistair McIntosh

MANILA, Jan 4 (Reuter) - Depending on your point of view, Juan Flavier is either one of the Philippines' most popular and effective government ministers or he is an agent of Satan.

Opinion polls regularly rate Health Secretary Flavier one of the most popular government figures and his ministry one of its most effective.

The Roman Catholic Church hierarchy, on the other hand, has spent much of 1994 reviling Flavier because of his support for artificial family planning methods, especially the condom.

The abuse has been fairly spectacular.

Flavier was publicly denounced as an agent of Satan at a Catholic rally earlier this year attended by hundreds of thousands of people.

At the same rally Jaime Cardinal Sin, Archbishop of Manila and the church's top leader in this overwhelmingly Catholic country, said people who promoted artificial family planning methods should be thrown into the sea with a millstone around the neck.
    :shocked2:

3. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    may his soul rest in peace...

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Si "Yosi kadiri"......
    Bye. RIP.
    Last edited by chua_riwap; October 31st, 2014 at 06:40 AM.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    RIP.....dok

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    How ironic, he died from a preventable disease. Last year i asked doh if they have pneumo23 vaccine and told me for children lang daw ang vaccines nila. I ended up having my boosters and vaccines at private clinics. I hope the govt could make an immunization program for adults.

RIP doc.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by donbuggy View Post
    Flashback:

Alistair McIntosh

That's what happens when ideals based on superstition and mis-interpreted scriptures are more important to you than human dignity and the protection of human rights.

-

RIP, Flavier. One of the few government servants who you can't really find anything bad to say about.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by donbuggy View Post
    Flashback:

Alistair McIntosh

That's what happens when ideals based on superstition and mis-interpreted scriptures are more important to you than human dignity and the protection of human rights.

-

RIP, Flavier. One of the few government servants who you can't really find anything bad to say about.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    I hope he hounds congress & senate as it's filled with crooks so his kind may multiply.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Pagkasabi naman samin ng doktor, kadalasan pneumonia ang nakakadale sa matanda. Pwede rin tumama ng biglaan yan, kaya dapat tutok ang nagbabantay.

His career as senator was ho-hum; as DOH secretary, dunno if he was more effective, but he certainly was visible and vocal about condom use, even with the Catholic Church on his back.

RIP

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
DOH Sec. Flavier passed away.