New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    What?!? And I thought I'm the only guy who often forgets​ to bring his the wallet!

There must be a way to delete these posts... my wife might see it and she have been clueless for the past 24 years.
    ok lang.
    we're "unanimous" here.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Marriage is not for the faint of heart... 🤣🤣🤣

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    Marriage is not for the faint of heart... 🤣🤣🤣

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Yes...parang chess yan...if the queen does well, all goes well...if the queen falls...the king succumbs most of the time...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    I'm in favor of divorce. If the two can't stand each other anymore, split. That simple. We move on.

However, if kids are involved, I would say, let them turn 21 before the parents get a divorce. I believe it can be traumatic for a child to grow up in a broken family.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by brushless View Post
    However, if kids are involved, I would say, let them turn 21 before the parents get a divorce. I believe it can be traumatic for a child to grow up in a broken family.

True, it is traumatic for the kids. However, it is more traumatic if they see their parents hurting (emotional, physical or the like) each other on a regular basis. I'd choose the lesser evil in this case. Doesn't make sense staying together just for the kids. Stay if both are willing to work on their differences.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by pobre24 View Post
    True, it is traumatic for the kids. However, it is more traumatic if they see their parents hurting (emotional, physical or the like) each other on a regular basis. I'd choose the lesser evil in this case. Doesn't make sense staying together just for the kids. Stay if both are willing to work on their differences.
    They are adults, either they sort it out or kill each other. Their kids, their life.

But, at the end of the day, it's just advice. They can do wathever crap they wanna do.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    It is so sad that most of us do not understand what a vow is. In comparison to a contract, we are to follow whatever is written there up to the last letter. Sometimes it happens that when things go wrong and the circumstances are against us, we choose to renege on the contract. In the US, and so I've heard, some would file bankruptcy so being legally no longer liable, the person now may "escape" the consequences of reneging on the contract.

Then, what is a vow? In particular, what is a marriage vow? This, I believe, is we are uninformed, and so we lack full understanding.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Divorce around the world.

By simply looking at this information, divorce is rampant. We don't have divorce in the Philippines, but I can safely say it will be around 35-40%. I see guys having an extended family because they can't divorce. They are legally married to the first wife, but, they don't live together. The husband keeps on having kids with his woman and are very much happy together. It's so messy. Divorce will make this simpler.

Most couples don't quite get along in the long run.

You get a divorce, then you'll remarry, divorce again, get married again. The whole cycle continues.

Do people often make the wrong choice? So much money wasted on wedding ceremonies. The nauseating hypocrisy exchanging vows in front of "spectators". All those cinematic dramas of your life being showed in the screen for your guest's entertainment.

For the 3rd freaking time!!

I'll just enjoy the food and the drinks. That's the only purpose I'm there. Lol.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Bill on absolute divorce filed in House of Representatives | The Manila Times

Rep. Edcel Lagman filed a bill that seeks to legalize divorce in the country.

House Bill 78 or the proposed Absolute Divorce Act was filed in the 19th Congress because the Senate failed to act on a similar bill in the 18th Congress.

Under the bill, the grounds for absolute divorce are physical violence or grossly abusive conduct, moral pressure to compel a spouse to change religious or political affiliation, attempt to corrupt or induce the petitioner, a common child, or a child of the petitioner, to engage in prostitution, or connivance in such corruption or inducement; final judgment sentencing the respondent to imprisonment of more than six years, drug addiction, habitual alcoholism or chronic gambling, homo***uality, bigamy, attempt against the life of the spouse and abandonment.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    Ipapasa na kaya ng Senate this time? Sure pasado na yan sa House of Representatives eh.

Divorce in the Philippines - are you in favor or not?