New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by actor21 View Post
    actually sir hindi naman lahat ng ayaw magbayad ng credit cards e walang hiya:

take my case, though nag sabi palang ako na hindi magbabayad sa CC company..

baket? ito ang story..

inalok nila ako ng cash loan pre qualified daw ako for 30k meron ako 2 domestic roundtrip tickets courtesy of cest/zest Air (not sure sa exact airline)...

ito na ang nangyari, na bill na ako ng 1st monthly installment mag sesecond monthly na pero WALA pading ticket na dumadating sakin..

pudpod na mga kuko ko at sawang sawa na ako sa mga alibi ng Customer Represantatives nila..i even went to file a complain sa MISMONG office nila..

so ikaw lumugar sa sitwasyon ko babayaran moba? - take note nagbabayad pa ako right now ha? ang sabi ko sa second billing na wala pa yung tickets ko hindi na ako magbabayad...

at ayaw naman nila na ibalik ko ang 28,800 (binawasan na nila ng processing fee)..aanhin ko naman ang loan na 30k? e ang gusto ko makuha ang PROMO na free tickets??

so sinong lumalabas na mandurugas sa sitwasyon ko?
    To be candid, I find your situation unnecessary.

You agreed to borrow 30K for 4 airline tix of Zest???? hahahaha. 300 lang isa nun e. so 300x4 is 1,200. These days they offer it at 300 so since company yan, they probably got it much much less, like 200 each.

It's like bumili ka ng cellphone to get the free sim.

Since they use Chinese planes as part of their fleet, I wouldn't even fly with them even if it's free. Asian Spirit (now Zest Air) used to have the worst maintenance accdg to some friends at the Airport Maintenance facility. Now under new ownership of Zest-O, im not sure if that has improved.

If I were in your situation, I would not have taken the loan since it's pointless to do so. Since you already did. Just pay it, charge it to experience. Try to contemplate on what you can do with the tickets.

If you try to be a wise-ass and decline to pay, you're on the losing end, banks vs you. You think the courts will side you? Banks have deep pockets. It will just cause you unnecessary problems (just like this loan) and costs in interests.

Im not saying that madame ab_initio's advise as a lawyer is flawed but come on, you're not a lawyer, are you? You'd need to hire one (and pay them) to battle on this kind of stunt. If you're a lawyer, by all means, please try the adventure.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Yes you are right, its just business.

Kasalanan ng umutang dahil umutang sya, kasalanan din nang nagpautang
    dahil swapang sya sa interest. Pag umutang ka puede na hinde mo mabayaran,
    pagnagpautang ka naman dapat accepted mo na na hindi ka mababayaran.

Simple.
    Last edited by mark_t; March 8th, 2009 at 06:54 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Assuming you are the delinquent CC holder:

Credit is a business deal. As a CC holder, NO ONE forced you to be part of the business system and certainly, NO ONE forced you to spend more than you can afford. It's ALL YOUR FAULT because EVERYTHING is under your control.

The bank, basing on your track record, simply put THEIR FAITH in you that you'd pay back whatever it is that you have borrowed.

Whether they have high interest rates or not is immaterial to the issue. You knew that before you drooled over that merchandise and swiped your card because you don't have any cash.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mark_t View Post
    Kasalanan ng umutang dahil umutang sya, kasalanan din nang nagpautang
    dahil swapang sya sa interest. Pag umutang ka puede na hinde mo mabayaran,
    pagnagpautang ka naman dapat accepted mo na na hindi ka mababayaran.

Simple.
    i don't understand these statements.

kung swapang ang lender sa interest, any consumer is free to get a better rate elsewhere, as HP said. if a lender had high rates compared to everyone else, walang uutang sa kanya and he'll be out of business. but no one has the right to whine about the rate and deliberately default because no one held a gun to his head to sign the lending contract.

i understand what you are saying that any lender has to assume the risk of the debtor not paying...but they still have to try to recover the money. and if a debtor experiences financial hardship and cannot pay off the entire balance, it's still his responsibility to work out an arrangement with his creditor to eventually pay somehow.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by empy View Post
    i don't understand these statements.

kung swapang ang lender sa interest, any consumer is free to get a better rate elsewhere, as HP said. if a lender had high rates compared to everyone else, walang uutang sa kanya and he'll be out of business. but no one has the right to whine about the rate and deliberately default because no one held a gun to his head to sign the lending contract.

i understand what you are saying that any lender has to assume the risk of the debtor not paying...but they still have to try to recover the money. and if a debtor experiences financial hardship and cannot pay off the entire balance, it's still his responsibility to work out an arrangement with his creditor to eventually pay somehow.
    What I see now is it is just business. The the site is one side of a war,
    it clearly is a war between 2 sides and they are taking care of business.
    Just one of many legal ways to conduct their business.

Your posts is another side of the their war. And all is fair in love and
    war. I gues a lawyer maybe more capable in articulating these matters.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    hahaha

So everyone, don't pay CC bills

ignore the demand letters

ignore the collectors

let the courts decide

--

i guess the threadstarter is saying everyone who is paying their CC bills are suckers

pwede naman hindi bayaran e

everything's free

the LCD TV is free

the trips abroad are free

the fine dining...

everything that can be "bought" using a credit card is free

nothing has to be paid

only suckers pay

that's the whole message of the threadstarter

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    palabo ng palabo usapan ah

consider this question - why is the world in an economic crisis?

answers:

1. banks and investment firms were irresponsible
    2. many people lived beyond their means and bought things on credit they couldn't afford (mortgages, car loans, home equity loans, credit card debt...etc etc). so what did they do? THEY DIDN'T PAY THEIR DEBTS

because of these two things, the world's financial system took heavy losses and lost its liquidity. as a result, many jobs were lost and things became even worse, because now even decent people who managed their money and paid their debts got in trouble because they had lost their jobs.

pay attention to the bold text. in light of this, to advocate not paying your debts in today's times is borderline criminal in my mind. it's at least partly the reason even responsible people are in this mess now.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by empy View Post
    actor21, it sounds like what the CC industry needs is some legislation and some consumer rights laws. in the US there was a lot of hanky panky with unscrupulous lending and collection practices until Congress passed the Truth in Lending Act.

not saying the US doesnt have scams or bad credit practices anymore (the current economic conditions disprove that immediately, hehe) but there are specific laws and regulations governing how much you can charge for a loan, how you disclose the terms of a loan, a dispute process in case a situation like yours occurs, etc.

but none of that is the point of that site. that site is all about running from obligations and the commitments one has made. what are we if we have no word of honor?

How about this sites, what can you say about them?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcAbtA64Zt8&feature=related"]YouTube - How We Challege Your Creditors & Win (#3 of 6)[/ame]

http://www.thecreditcardsolution.com...on_Videos.html

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
DISKARTE_Guidelines on Credit Paranoia