New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by makki08 View Post
    OMG, so this is actually a thing! A few days ago nagulat ako nung tinanong ako ng ate ko kung kelan ko daw pable-blessingan yung bago kong sasakyan? Akala ko naman hinde sya masyadong seryoso, but then my Tita also asked me the same question. And now they are persistent na pa-blessingan ko nga daw when I told them na di naman na siguro kailangan yun.

Tapos ngayon nababasa ko nga na super common pala neto. I probably would have to go to Antipolo to have it blessed.

So how exactly does this work? Assuming I'm gonna have it blessed at Antipolo Cathedral, meron ba silang schedule for this kind of event?

Thanks!
    Punta ka lang dun, may pari bubuhusan ng holy water car mo, and then you give them a donation of around 200 I think. Just check online for the operating hours

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I probably would have to go to Antipolo to have it blessed.

So how exactly does this work? Assuming I'm gonna have it blessed at Antipolo Cathedral, meron ba silang schedule for this kind of event?

Thanks!
    That's popular for car blessing so I assume they have a schedule. For other parishes, you can approach the parish priest after mass and tell him you want your car blessed then give an envelope with your donation.

If you have a family friend priest you don't particularly need to go to church. Our past cars are blessed at home lang (since we usually invite a priest in our family gatherings)

But I learned here in Tsikot that it's lucky to have the car blessed in Manaoag

3. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Got it. Ganun pala yun. Thanks for the responses. Would probably go there next weekend.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Just had our cars blessed by our pastor, tapos nun kain lang sa labas Did you have your vehicle blessed?

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    OMG, so this is actually a thing! A few days ago nagulat ako nung tinanong ako ng ate ko kung kelan ko daw pable-blessingan yung bago kong sasakyan? Akala ko naman hinde sya masyadong seryoso, but then my Tita also asked me the same question. And now they are persistent na pa-blessingan ko nga daw when I told them na di naman na siguro kailangan yun.

Tapos ngayon nababasa ko nga na super common pala neto. I probably would have to go to Antipolo to have it blessed.

Thanks!
    you don't need to. you bless your car by taking good care of it. you're better off giving a little you can spare to the homeless kids knocking at your windshield rather than hand it to priests who might have fathered them.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Nasa paniniwala mo na yan. If ypu feel better having it blessed its ok, thats your belief and none of ou business.

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    this "blessing" thing is still so pervasive in pinoy culture. buti nalang wala na masyadong exorcism and witchhunts

just proves PH is morally and intellectually backwards. wag kayo magalit. most people in civilized countries don't do this anymore

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    this "blessing" thing is still so pervasive in pinoy culture. buti nalang wala na masyadong exorcism and witchhunts

just proves PH is morally and intellectually backwards. wag kayo magalit. most people in civilized countries don't do this anymore
    Really? In Japan its a common thing to bring a new car to a Shinto temple and have the local priest wave a stick with pieces of paper at the end around and inside the car. I lived near a Shinto temple when I was in Japan. Its also common to have religious ceremonies and time business openings to auspicious days. Parang masyadong western at European ang concept mo ng civilization.

Sent from my P01MA using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
    Really? In Japan its a common thing to bring a new car to a Shinto temple and have the local priest wave a stick with pieces of paper at the end around and inside the car. I lived near a Shinto temple when I was in Japan. Its also common to have religious ceremonies and time business openings to auspicious days. Parang masyadong western at European ang concept mo ng civilization.

Sent from my P01MA using Tapatalk

don't understand what "MOST" means?

i think this car blessing thing is mostly due to "gaya gaya". i mean these same people still buy comprehensive insurance LOL

10. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jaggerx3 View Post
    Just had our cars blessed by our pastor, tapos nun kain lang sa labas Did you have your vehicle blessed?

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk
    Parang binyag may reception? Did you have your vehicle blessed?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Did you have your vehicle blessed?