New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Ugh... please not Hillary!

----

While I wholeheartedly applaud the Democrats' victory, I have to wonder if maybe some of the good water got thrown out with the bad? It would suck if some decent Congressmen (decent+Republican? Unlikely, but possible... ...yes, I'm a stinking liberal!) got booted just because of their party affiliation. I mean, there were some Republicans who were cautious about the war.

This is why I hate politics... If people vote with their hearts instead of their heads, they often make stupid decisions (Look at who they voted into office twice... sheesh...)

One bad effect of this might be an accelerated pull-out from Iraq... While hopes of America winning that war seem dim right now, things will be even worse for the Iraqis and the rest of the world if that country is allowed to descend into utter chaos...

Another Lebanon, perhaps?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hillary might even run for president...

Anyway, ano kayang changes ang gagawin ng democrats sa Immigration rules and minumum wage sa US. This will make a very big impact sa mga kababayan natin na nadun (Legal and Illegal) at yung mga papunta pa lang dun.

President Bush wants to settle and discuss it (Immigration and minimum wage measures) when he meets Democratic speaker-to-be Nancy Pelosi later this week.
    Immediate attention of Congress/Senate to increase GC visa numbers for Retrogressed/ALL countries needs to be set first priority in Lame Duck or new congress sessions...

Hay salamat... sana mapabilis na ang pagusad ng papers namin...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    wow. Democrats got the House *and* Senate. sasakit ulo ni Bush next year B)

4. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Barack obama for president...

:fly:

Edit cool sounding name = good enough for me.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    hillary is da devil..........

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by edalbau View Post
    Hillary might even run for president...

Anyway, ano kayang changes ang gagawin ng democrats sa Immigration rules and minumum wage sa US. This will make a very big impact sa mga kababayan natin na nadun (Legal and Illegal) at yung mga papunta pa lang dun.

Hay salamat... sana mapabilis na ang pagusad ng papers namin...
    Actually, the Democrats are much tougher when it came to immigrants if you look back within the last 20-30 years. It took forever to petition my wife back in Clinton's time. I had to deal with one rejection. I then had to marry my wife first and then re-petition her as my spouse.

The Republicans favored immigrants like Mexicans and Pinoys because they tended to be generally more religious and likely to vote Republican. Immigration only became an issue because the Democrats made an issue out of it.

If you think it's hard now, wait til the Democrats come into power.

Add: A lot of my wife's relatives were able to get here during the last few years under Bush Jr. I mean just one after the other, boom boom boom boom boom. The waiting was the hardest. But everything went smoothly after that. That wouldn't have happened under Clinton and not likely under a Dem-controlled government. Actually, they had no luck under Clinton. I got so used to hearing "rejected" back then. So, it was a big surprise to me when my wife told me that her relatives were already here. I had to think for a while about that. Then I remembered, "Of course, we have a Republican government"......
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; November 10th, 2006 at 05:36 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Devastator View Post
    It was bound to happen, especially with their handling of the Iraq issue.
    The very words I wanted to post.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Just came in...

"Republican Sen. George Allen conceded defeat Thursday to Democrat Jim Webb, sealing the Democrats' control of Congress"

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    former NY mayor Giulianni(R) may have plans to run as president.

The (Republican) Empire Strikes Back ba? B)

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    Actually, the Democrats are much tougher when it came to immigrants if you look back within the last 20-30 years. It took forever to petition my wife back in Clinton's time. I had to deal with one rejection. I then had to marry my wife first and then re-petition her as my spouse.

The Republicans favored immigrants like Mexicans and Pinoys because they tended to be generally more religious and likely to vote Republican. Immigration only became an issue because the Democrats made an issue out of it.

If you think it's hard now, wait til the Democrats come into power.

Add: A lot of my wife's relatives were able to get here during the last few years under Bush Jr. I mean just one after the other, boom boom boom boom boom. The waiting was the hardest. But everything went smoothly after that. That wouldn't have happened under Clinton and not likely under a Dem-controlled government. Actually, they had no luck under Clinton. I got so used to hearing "rejected" back then. So, it was a big surprise to me when my wife told me that her relatives were already here. I had to think for a while about that. Then I remembered, "Of course, we have a Republican government"......

Good insight on the Dems.

:starwars:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Democrats Win Big in US Election