New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tomboy View Post
    Kung totoo ito report. Mood ba ito? Nangdura ng halo-halo sa mukha.
    Come on. Your sources are so obviously politically biased that it's laughable.

Inquirer axes 'pro-Arroyo' columnist | ABS-CBN News

Cunanan's husband, retired general Thelmo Cunanan, is one of the beneficiaries of President Arroyo's so-called "midnight appointments."

He was appointed chairman of the Social Security System (SSS) on March 5, 2010, five days before the appointment ban during an election period took effect.

Mrs. Arroyo also appointed him president of the Philippine National Oil Co. in 2001.
    Ouch.

If you can't find anything with more meat than a laughably obvious "poison letter", a rabidly pro-Marcos Youtube propaganda channel and a columnist firmly in FPGMA's pocket, then nobody's really going to take you seriously.

-

Tapos sasabihin... puro pro-PNoy naman yung nandito... mga bulag! Mga pipi! Mga bingi!

Yeah, right. We voted for Dick Gordon... even if his vice was Bayani Fernando, who I don't particularly like (too much monkey business in construction) and even though Gordon is something of a glory hog, sometimes... because we believed he would be the best administrator amongst the candidates.

But PNoy is who we got. He has his issues. He has supporters who are not doing him any favors. He is overly obsessed with this impeachment.

But he has some good advisors on the other side. I like what they're doing with the BIR. I like what they're doing at the LTO. I'm pissed about the red tape at the BI, but they're open to suggestions and we already talked to the assistant commisioner. I like what they're trying to do at customs. I like what they're trying to do at the Bureau of Mines. I don't like the way they're going about implementing K-12, but it's about freaking time.

If all you watch is the news on TV, you'd think the impeachment is the only thing the Government is doing. It is not. PNoy should just shut up about the impeachment and talk about what else the government is doing, instead... because they're doing some good things.

-

Of course, we could just all go back towards FPGMA, who excelled at taking credit for the OFW remittance boom and covering up the lack of economic growth through statistical semantics...
    Last edited by niky; February 21st, 2012 at 10:57 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Come on. Your sources are so obviously politically biased that it's laughable.

Inquirer axes 'pro-Arroyo' columnist | ABS-CBN News

Ouch.

If you can't find anything with more meat than a laughably obvious "poison letter", a rabidly pro-Marcos Youtube propaganda channel and a columnist firmly in FPGMA's pocket, then nobody's really going to take you seriously.

-

Tapos sasabihin... puro pro-PNoy naman yung nandito... mga bulag! Mga pipi! Mga bingi!

Yeah, right. We voted for Dick Gordon... even if his vice was Bayani Fernando, who I don't particularly like (too much monkey business in construction) and even though Gordon is something of a glory hog, sometimes... because we believed he would be the best administrator amongst the candidates.

But PNoy is who we got. He has his issues. He has supporters who are not doing him any favors. He is overly obsessed with this impeachment.

But he has some good advisors on the other side. I like what they're doing with the BIR. I like what they're doing at the LTO. I'm pissed about the red tape at the BI, but they're open to suggestions and we already talked to the assistant commisioner. I like what they're trying to do at customs. I like what they're trying to do at the Bureau of Mines. I don't like the way they're going about implementing K-12, but it's about freaking time.

If all you watch is the news on TV, you'd think the impeachment is the only thing the Government is doing. It is not. PNoy should just shut up about the impeachment and talk about what else the government is doing, instead... because they're doing some good things.

-

Of course, we could just all go back towards FPGMA, who excelled at taking credit for the OFW remittance boom and covering up the lack of economic growth through statistical semantics...
    +1

Amen to all that.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    Sino ba sana ang gusto mo maging presidente ng Pilipinas TS? Yung papasa sa panlasa mo? Para baga magkaron ng magandang diskurso sa thread na iyong sinumulan. Kasi baliw siya, tulo laway etc etc...Sino ba sana ang ideal at realistic na pwede magin presidente na inaasam asam mo.
    Sana masagot ito ng maganda para alam na..... :popcorn: time!
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

4. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Kahit pro-gma yung nagbalita about "halo halo binuga sa face", hindi ibig sabihin hindi na totoo. Parang chavit singson nung panahon ni erap trial. Dahil ba masamang tao hindi na magsasabi ng totoo.

Gordon and Bayani binoto ko.

Si bayani ang isang example ko na "corrupt daw" pero napaayos ang marikina. Yung school supplies ng public school nila maayos kumpleto talaga sa gamit. Eh ang inaashan ko kulang-kulang pero gulat ako maayos ang system.

Kahit may "alleged kupit" pero umayos nung sya humawak. Marunong magpaikot ng kwarta.

Nung mmda chairman naiayos nya yung traffic sa west avenue to sm north. Panahon ni binay walang kakwenta-kwenta.

Kaya ayaw ko kay noynoy dahil sablay mga ginagawa nya. Yung sinugod ng moro ang mga sundalo tapos bawal rumesbak. Ano sya lelembot-lembot. Kinakampihan mga NPA at mga Moro. Ano ba yan!

Kayo nadin nagsabi male version sya ni kris. Eh gusto nyo ba si kris. Conflicting naman ata yun.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It's pretty obvious, when they take cheap shots like that, that it's simply black propaganda. If it were people besides the pro-GMA or pro-Marcos camps that were releasing this stuff, then it would be believable. As it is, it's just laughable.

-

Criticism where criticism is due.

He messed up on PR in the Luneta case. Valid criticism.

He messed up on the Luneta case by not being personally present and commandeering the operation. Invalid. Hindi naman sundalo is PNoy, he should stay the hell away from military or police operations. Mga pa-cute lang yung mga non-trained politicos who try to involve themselves in such things... or even former policemen (Like Lim) who try to meddle in the affairs.

He messed up on the Moro attacks. Invalid. The Army commanders sent in a green group of cadets with insufficient arms to serve an arrest warrant in the heartland of the enemy. It's on their heads. And yet PNoy didn't stop further operations after that.

He messed up with Llamas by not scolding him for his impropriety. Valid. He has to keep up appearances and show no partiality.

He messed up by forcing the quick filing of an imperfect impeachment case. Valid. That stupid mistake may eventually let Corona get off lightly.

He messed up by buying a Porsche, or courting Grace Lee. Invalid. Who the hell cares who he dates and what he drives? At least we know he's doing it on his own time and with his own money!

-

At least we're looking at the President with a critical eye. You're grasping at straws to find reasons not to like him, even if there are plenty of legitimate reasons not to, already.

It's like me claiming Bayani is a womanizing drunkard who did drugs in Grade School (obviously not true... at least, not so far as I know...) simply to justify my dislike for him, when the truth is I only dislike him because of some of the hair-brained schemes he employed in the MMDA (the elevated U-Turm... millions of pesos wasted...) and the obvious and blatant windfall of profits he gained from the Marikina bypass due to the construction of SM Marikina... as well as other stuff he's done.

Manny Villar is in much the same vein. They obviously invested a lot in the infrastructure of Las Pinas, but there's a lot of money that went this way and that.

It's backwards thinking to say: "As long as it gets results, corruption is acceptable."

That may work in a country like the United States, where there's so much free money floating around, corruption will not drain it away... but now they're feeling the effects of that. Hell. It was government turning a blind eye to the banks that payroll the politicians that caused the global recession!

The Philippines is poor. Every peso wasted on corruption that could otherwise go straight to economic growth and development is sorely missed. Are we to believe that absolutely nothing can be done without grease money? Miriam Defensor Santiago* showed it was possible with the BI not very long ago, to give responsive and adequate government service without corruption. (But again: she's manic-depressive and egotistical as hell) So why can't it be done elsewhere?

Do we Filipinos just lack the balls to admit that maybe, it's possible to do things the right way?

Much as I think the wrong man won, I believe he has the right philosophy. Kung kaya naman na walang kurakot, why not? If we can hold the most powerful people in the land accountable for malfeasance, that translates to change that will go down the line.

-

*One wonders what our life would be like if Miriam had won. But obviously, she would have been very hard on graft and corruption, so the powers-that-be couldn't have her winning. Instead, they put in "Steady Eddie", who managed to maintain a semblance of stability and economic growth by selling out government assets and saddling the power sector with contracts that are responsible for today's ultra-high energy costs. Let's not forget the huge amounts of money spent on building projects that we never saw any benefit from... (Clark Expo) ...so much for infrastructure spending always being a good thing.
    Last edited by niky; February 21st, 2012 at 02:23 PM.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    tomboy ok lang na magalit ka kay PNoy if yun trip mo pero yung puro kamalian niya lang pinopost mo, then parang ang dating eh political whiner ka. No different from NPA's etc. Kung trip mo lang eh hanapin kamalian niya at tirahin dito, aba, get a life.

Just be objective. Kung good job eh di okay, if bad job, eh di i-critic!
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mukhang kilala ko kung sino lagi yung nagpopost doon sa inquirer, abs-cbs...

ang lagi tira ay "PNOY ABNOY, BAKLETANG ABNOY", etc...wala ng ibang maisusulat kungdi lagi ganon...malalaman mo talaga kung sinong tao walang laman ang utak

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The difference between anti Penot and pro Penot at least here in tsikot is the pro are very fair, I remember when the bungled luneta hostage and the Moro ambush...eeveybody that was deemed pro Penot was criticising him..

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    The difference between anti Penot and pro Penot at least here in tsikot is the pro are very fair, I remember when the bungled luneta hostage and the Moro ambush...eeveybody that was deemed pro Penot was criticising him..
    To be honest, I don't recall if any of us are really pro-PNoy, or just willing to give him a chance after our candidates lost...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    To be honest, I don't recall if any of us are really pro-PNoy, or just willing to give him a chance after our candidates lost...
    Pro penot in the sense that respecting the will of the people and respecting the office

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast