peace na kayo mga bros, tara magpapakanton ako hehehe
    xoom, wala na yun.... basta siguraduhin mong walang baboy ha....hehehhe

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Eating pork by mistake does not justify violence

By Rasheed Abou-Alsamh
    INQ7.net
    Last updated 11:59am (Mla time) 11/26/2006

THE RIDICULOUS incident that was reported in INQ7.net on Tuesday, that Lanao del Sur Representative Faysah Dumarpa had allegedly pointed a knife at Virginia Altamirano, a waitress of the Shangri-la Chine Cuisine, after she was served pork during a dinner with other lawmakers at the House on Monday, made me laugh it was so silly!

The waitress went to a local police station to file a complaint against Dumarpa for allegedly hitting her in the face, throwing a glass of water at her and waving a knife menacingly at her. The Muslim congresswoman denies hitting the poor waitress, but admits that she threw the glass of water onto the floor and that she indeed had a knife in her hand at the time of her outburst.

In a nasty letter to the owner of the restaurant, Dumarpa demanded that the staff involved in serving the lunch all be sacked for serving her pork, either knowingly or through incompetence, even though she claims to have asked several of the staff whether any of the dishes contained pork.

"What I did after that was my natural reaction on a situation where I felt betrayed," she said in her letter to the restaurant owner, Ramon Sy. "I was grossly insulted, and I assumed your crew members purposely caused that by intentional concealment of the fact herein set forth. If not at all intentional, then there must have been gross negligence on their part," Dumarpa said. The lawmaker explained that for Muslims, eating pork and its derivatives was forbidden in Islam and considered a "grievous sin" in their religion. She said an intentional consumption of meat would hinder her from gaining entrance to paradise.

"Intentional" is the key word here. I can surely say that her eating pork in this instance was NOT intentional, so I don't see how her entrance to Heaven would be jeopardized by eating pork by mistake. I would instead suggest to her that slapping a defenseless waitress in the face, shouting like a crazed person and throwing a glass of water on the floor in a scandalous fashion, is what surely would keep her out of Paradise!

Fellow Lanao del Sur Representative Benasing Macarambon also attended this luncheon, and told INQ7.net that eating pork accidentally was allegedly more upsetting to him and other Muslims than catching their spouses with another person! What nonsense! How is accidentally eating pork now WORSE than catching your spouse committing adultery?! The logic escapes me here.

In a country where the majority of the population loves anything porky, and where the national dish is lechon de leche (roast pig), I am not surprised that Muslim politicians often find pork lurking in the food that is served to them. As my father always told me, eating pork unknowingly was okay, as long as one stopped eating the dish as soon as we found out it contained pork.

Instead of slapping hapless waiters and throwing tantrums in public, Muslim politicians would do better to have someone inspect the kitchen while their food is being prepared, or better yet, bring their own halal, pork-free food with them to avoid any such mix-ups in the future.

On Wednesday, the restaurant accused of serving pork to Dumarpa announced that it was suspending its services from the House of Representatives in order to protect its staff from the threats of physical violence coming from Dumarpa and her supporters. Dumarpa, who is 54 and serving her second term in Congress, ironically told the website IslamOnLine.net in a July 13, 2006, article on her proposal to set up a state-run Islamic university in the Philippines, that "remember, real Islam shuns violence."

If only she had followed her own advice and not slapped Altamirano, shouted and thrown the glass of water on the floor, Muslims all around the world would not have to cringe at such uncivilized behavior. Dumarpa owes the waitress an apology and an immediate cessation of threats of violence, end of story.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ...."remember, real Islam SHUNS violence"

does this mean that those so-called "Islam" followers that are practicing violence are really not Islam....ano kaya sila then?!?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Mutant......

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by explorer View Post

Fellow Lanao del Sur Representative Benasing Macarambon also attended this luncheon, and told INQ7.net that eating pork accidentally was allegedly more upsetting to him and other Muslims than catching their spouses with another person!What nonsense! How is accidentally eating pork now WORSE than catching your spouse committing adultery?! The logic escapes me here.

This one is stupid. Totoo ba yan? Dinamay pa niya ang ibang Muslims.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    stupido talaga.....

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Isuzoom View Post
    stupido talaga.....
    For congressmen, being stupid is the RULE rather than being the exemption.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by explorer View Post

By Rasheed Abou-Alsamh
    INQ7.net
    Last updated 11:59am (Mla time) 11/26/2006
    ...Fellow Lanao del Sur Representative Benasing Macarambon also attended this luncheon, and told INQ7.net that eating pork accidentally was allegedly more upsetting to him and other Muslims than catching their spouses with another person! What nonsense! How is accidentally eating pork now WORSE than catching your spouse committing adultery?! The logic escapes me here.
    Wahehe! Stupid politicians!

Hey GJ, hit me for generalizing... :evillaugh

Don't worry, I can take the heat...

Congresswoman, nanampal!