New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 74 of 160 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Devastator View Post
    The law says you can't hire foreigners if the work can be done by filipinos. Gaano ba ka-technical ng infra projects para chinese lang pwede.

Obviously DOLE is turning a blind eye on this. Appointee ni PDuts ang secretary eh. So it's with PDuts blessing and as Uls said before, part ng deal with Chinese companies that yan kaya contra mga hindi ka-alyansa ng administration. Alam na nila mangyayari eh.

Sent from my SM-N960F/DS using Tapatalk
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Devastator View Post
    is it true?
    those projects are being constructed at no cost to the philippines?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    The law says you can't hire foreigners if the work can be done by filipinos. Gaano ba ka-technical ng infra projects para chinese lang pwede.
    perhaps the lyrics are written in chinese...?
    heh heh.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    is it true?
    those projects are being constructed at no cost to the philippines?
    Actually the interest is about 5 or 6? times higher than what the Japanese are charging us.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Actually the interest is about 5 or 6? times higher than what the Japanese are charging us.

i am still a'wonderin' why our decision-makers chose to go with them...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i am still a'wonderin' why our decision-makers chose to go with them...
    Maybe some of those extra interest goes back. Hehe.

"During the joint membership meeting of the Makati Business Club and Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry on Wednesday, Socioeconomic Planning Secretary Ernesto M. Pernia said China charges the loans with an interest rate of 2 to 3 percent, while Japan’s impose interest of only 0.25 to 0.75 percent.

“We cannot get all the loans from the ODA (official development assistance) of Japan. They have to give to other countries as well… Between 2- and 3-percent interest rate is still much better than commercial (loans),” he told reporters."

Japan has better rates for loans, but PH needs China, too to speed up infra projects: Pernia

Complete baloney if you ask me. Japan didn't decline any of our loans before pa naman eh. Hehe. Alam naman kasi nila na hindi tayo magdedefault. So low risk magpa-utang sa atin. Plus EU and US alam ko mas mababa din rate. All without the side or extra arrangements.

Last edited by Ry_Tower; October 23rd, 2020 at 12:29 AM.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008

"During the joint membership meeting of the Makati Business Club and Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry on Wednesday, Socioeconomic Planning Secretary Ernesto M. Pernia said China charges the loans with an interest rate of 2 to 3 percent, while Japan’s impose interest of only 0.25 to 0.75 percent.

“We cannot get all the loans from the ODA (official development assistance) of Japan. They have to give to other countries as well… Between 2- and 3-percent interest rate is still much better than commercial (loans),” he told reporters."

Japan has better rates for loans, but PH needs China, too to speed up infra projects: Pernia

Complete baloney if you ask me. Japan didn't decline any of our loans before pa naman eh. Hehe. Alam naman kasi nila na hindi tayo magdedefault. So low risk magpa-utang sa atin. Plus EU and US alam ko mas mababa din rate. All without the side or extra arrangements.

oo nga.
    why are we second-guessing japan?
    baloney. hotdog. hungarian!
    heh heh.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2018

Eto yung issue dati sa Kaliwa Dam. Ipinipilit nila na Chinese contractor yung gumawa, tapos nung inungkat, may mga better deals from Japan na proposed. Hindi ko na masyado nasundan eh, kung ano nangyari. O nabaon na lang din sa limot. Haaaay

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    By far mas malaki ang opportunity na bigay ng Tsayna if you know what I mean.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Ganito kaya sa atin.. lol