New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 39 of 160 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    Half naked chinese national eating at chowking gensan

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
    i would have asked them to show him the door.
    there is actually a law against that type of attire in public.

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    These types of mainlanders are completely disrespectful. They feel some kind of superiority over our whole country.

I wouldn't be surprised if some deranged individual with means and opportunity starts taking drastic measures.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    Half naked chinese national eating at chowking gensan

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
    Unrefined and uneducated.

Sent from my SM-T725 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by kisshmet View Post
    ^it won't drive the chinese out of these territories occupied recently but they cant go build more artificial islands, they cant proceed on taking pagasa island with maritime militias without invocation of mutual defense treaty

The Americans withdrew from the INF treaty to be ready to strike back at china should the Chinese decide to pull the trigger

South china sea isn't exclusive chinese territory..that's what the Hague ruling is all about and the world powers are enforcing it

Trading is an inherent right of every nation..claiming territories is another matter

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    I'm sorry but I think you're misunderstanding what a FONOP really is. It's not a definitive action that demands China and other claimants to stop their construction and reclamation activities in WPS.

A FONOP is basically just a demonstration by US and friends that they do not acknowledge any excessive maritime claim. Of course such action is provocative and the Chinese feel disrespected because their "indisputable sovereignity" claim is not being honored but do you think they'll be stupid enough to start firing out of anger and frustration? Probably not because it goes against their long term strategy. They'll just react strongly with words and flex their own military muscle as well.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by madball View Post
    I'm sorry but I think you're misunderstanding what a FONOP really is. It's not a definitive action that demands China and other claimants to stop their construction and reclamation activities in WPS.

A FONOP is basically just a demonstration by US and friends that they do not acknowledge any excessive maritime claim. Of course such action is provocative and the Chinese feel disrespected because their "indisputable sovereignity" claim is not being honored but do you think they'll be stupid enough to start firing out of anger and frustration? Probably not because it goes against their long term strategy. They'll just react strongly with words and flex their own military muscle as well.
    Basically, it is a country's way of saying "this is international waters" so it is our right to pass through unimpeded. The US does this to other countries as well including the PH. Funny how FONOPs are normally conducted by armed naval vessels and not civilian maritime vessels. I guess you can call that forceful way of enforcing freedom of navigation.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by madball View Post

I agree. China, with all their military might, is wary of an armed conflict. An good example is Taiwan. As for Hong Kong, world is watching & waiting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    Actually it's not only in the Philippines, kahit dito baw ang ganyan.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by falken View Post
    Unrefined and uneducated.

Sent from my SM-T725 using Tapatalk
    Dati na silang unrefined and uneducated, problema naman sa next generation, bcoz the parents have money, puro naman mga soiled brats or what they called little emperors.
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    I agree. China, with all their military might, is wary of an armed conflict. An good example is Taiwan. As for Hong Kong, world is watching & waiting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    What I've heard is that China won't meddle sa nagaganap now sa HK, ipaubaya daw nila sa HK government to settle the problem, they won't bite the trap daw that the US and it's ally laid out, yan ang mga kwento dito.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vinrem View Post
    Dati na silang unrefined and uneducated, problema naman sa next generation, bcoz the parents have money, puro naman mga soiled brats or what they called little emperors.
    and those rich kids have no values

they get drunk, crash their luxury cars killing or injuring people like wala lang...

coz their parents' money and connections can buy them out of trouble

money is their god

What I've heard is that China won't meddle sa nagaganap now sa HK, ipaubaya daw nila sa HK government to settle the problem, they won't bite the trap daw that the US and it's ally laid out, yan ang mga kwento dito.
    the West expects China to send in tanks like Tianamen but China ain't gonna do what the West expects

--

the protests in HK are tearing families apart according to a HK-based friend

older folks, parents want things to return to normal but the younger gen keep on protesting

nag aaway mga anak at magulang

--

those protesters are destroying their world class infrastructure (like MTR)

it doesn't make sense

it's like destroying appliances and furniture in your house coz you're mad at your neighbor

--

kung ako China i'd leave them alone

let HK residents destroy HK
    Last edited by uls; September 20th, 2019 at 10:03 PM.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vinrem View Post
    Actually it's not only in the Philippines, kahit dito baw ang ganyan.

kahit sa ibang bansa yan ang complain sa mga mainlander

kasi sa hometown nila yan ang behavior nila

dura kahit saan, di pumipila...

nagka pera nakaka travel dala dala parin ung ugali kahit saan