New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 38 of 160 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    you wanna understand why they come to PH like they're just crossing from one province to another?

walang papeles

what if their govt told them PH is China territory

their behavior makes sense na no?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    ^what doesn't make sense is dutertes "visa upon entry" policy

Isinangla na ba ni duterte ang pilipinas sa mga chekwa?

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Ah the good ol' story of the Middle Kingdom and the tributaries. Talk about delusions of past glory...

4. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by kisshmet View Post
    ^what doesn't make sense is dutertes "visa upon entry" policy

Isinangla na ba ni duterte ang pilipinas sa mga chekwa?

IMO he's just taking a bargaining stance. He may be a babbling idiot but he recognizes the structure of power. Sure we got the Hague ruling in our favor but the question is who exactly is going to enforce it?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Kaya nga it's really unfair, kami, we have to go thru the eye of the needle just to get a working visa sa China, may interview pa ako niyan minsan every year sa immigration and take note of this "China National Security Agency", just to know maybe if I'm a threat to national security, anak ng 🤬 nga naman, and then yung mga chinese parang ang bilis mag work sa pinas China taking Philippine Islands.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by madball View Post
    IMO he's just taking a bargaining stance. He may be a babbling idiot but he recognizes the structure of power. Sure we got the Hague ruling in our favor but the question is who exactly is going to enforce it?
    The world powers are already enforcing it..pissing china with the freedom of navigation exercises happening now

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Tit for tat dapat. China requires us to apply for visa to go there. We can do same.
    But we need investments, so we won't.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Half naked chinese national eating at chowking gensan

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by kisshmet View Post
    The world powers are already enforcing it..pissing china with the freedom of navigation exercises happening now

But is that going to force China out of the territories they occupied in WPS? Freedom of navigation operations are merely forms of posturing. Driving away those stubborn Chinese would require an armed confrontation which will likely escalate into a hot war. Other powerful nations won't commit to an economic or military conflict with China over some islands because it's still in their best interest to maintain trade relations.

Moving forward with the joint exploration and exploitation deal is the best option. It might be seen as "selling out" but the current situation demands PH to play realpolitik.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    ^it won't drive the chinese out of these territories occupied recently but they cant go build more artificial islands, they cant proceed on taking pagasa island with maritime militias without invocation of mutual defense treaty

The Americans withdrew from the INF treaty to be ready to strike back at china should the Chinese decide to pull the trigger

South china sea isn't exclusive chinese territory..that's what the Hague ruling is all about and the world powers are enforcing it

Trading is an inherent right of every nation..claiming territories is another matter

Last edited by kisshmet; September 20th, 2019 at 01:25 AM.