New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 160 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    the whole point of China's exporting infrastructure building around the world is to keep their factories and companies running and people employed

that's why China infrastructure projects all over the world are done by Chinese construction companies that use Chinese construction equipment and materials AND CHINESE WORKERS

gets?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    FIRST AND FOREMOST they are looking after their own interests

while making it look like they're helping other countries

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post

I can relate this to rome during julious caesar era, people have no mean to have salary so julious caesar creates projects like build build build so he can employ its citizen for them to have income and elevate their social status then all are in positive domino effect...

Sent from my iPhone XS Max using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Apr 2012

agree. where i am working now, most if not all the oil drilling rigs that i saw are chinese owned and operated. in few progress meetings that i attended, they barely speak english and they usually have their interpreter with them. no english but they have the resources and equipment, they deliver the job very quick too!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ray_noel View Post
    I can relate this to rome during julious caesar era, people have no mean to have salary so julious caesar creates projects like build build build so he can employ its citizen for them to have income and elevate their social status then all are in positive domino effect...

in China's case it's coz they have over 1.3 billion people to feed

their 1-party government wants to maintain power so they can't allow 1.3 billion people to become angry, rise up, and change things

Their government number 1 priority is SOCIAL STABILITY so they have to keep their people employed (idle people can cause problems)

so they keep building and building and building (see China's ghost cities)

not only do they build domestically they've been exporting their build build build all over the world

when you understand that, then you'll understand PH is only part of a much larger undertaking

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    and in order to implement their overseas infrastructure programs, syempre they prefer countries they deal with to have China-friendly governments

gets?

--

so it's not unthinkable that they may be backing China-friendly world leaders

putting them in power or helping them get into power or keeping them in power
    Last edited by uls; November 14th, 2018 at 04:38 PM.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Ok so if China's economy is slowing, why this?

coz their government will keep stimulating their economy via infrastructure spending

their steel plants keep making steel coz

1. have to keep factories running to keep people employed

2. the govt will find a way to use all that steel (build build build domestic and overseas)

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    in China's case it's coz they have over 1.3 billion people to feed

their 1-party government wants to maintain power so they can't allow 1.3 billion people to become angry, rise up, and change things

Their government number 1 priority is SOCIAL STABILITY so they have to keep their people employed (idle people can cause problems)

so they keep building and building and building (see China's ghost cities)

not only do they build domestically they've been exporting their build build build all over the world

when you understand that, then you'll understand PH is only part of a much larger undertaking
    This is what my korean officemate said, they are exporting their skills and materials to help build other countries infra and in exchange they have deep ties with the govt they are helping in addition to 90days visa upon arrival in the airport...

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    parang Japan they have tons of experience building subways so they're exporting that expertise

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sabi ni Tatay Digong about the islands:

"China is already in possession. It’s now in their hands."

Wala na. Bow na sya sa China.