New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    quezon Rep. Danilo Suarez was preaching about lifestyle check on private citizen and yet at the same time he was willing to offer P8M for a porsche....can he show us first how much taxes he paid last year...

P*&%$#* suarez yan!!!!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i understand what you guys are saying about "before you point out the speck in someone else's eye, take out the splinter in your own..."

but isn't tax evasion a crime in the philippines? aren't they pushing for enforcement of the law? i know it's ironic to push for tax collection kung nanakawin din nila yung taxes collected....but there is nothing inherently wrong with the proposed program.

btw, anyone here who doesn't pay their taxes or underreports their income to the BIR has no right to complain about congressmen who evade taxes or steal public money. pare-pareho lang sila nagnanakaw sa kaban ng bayan

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    quezon Rep. Danilo Suarez was preaching about lifestyle check on private citizen and yet at the same time he was willing to offer P8M for a porsche....can he show us first how much taxes he paid last year...

P*&%$#* suarez yan!!!!
    talk about ironic... hahaha kapal naman ng mukha nya.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    unahin muna nila ang kanilang bakuran pag makawa nila yun siguro walang problema ang mga pribadong tao.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    --bago sila tumingin sa mga private citizen tingnan muna nya ang lahat ng mga buwaya sa gobyerno. palibhasa iisa specie nila kaya di nila ma-distinguish ang mga baho nila!!
    --paging Ms. Ombudsman, mukhang nakatulog ka na ata at wala kang nakikitang mga kawatan sa gobyerno samantalang garapalan na iba dyan.
    --I hope pres. Arroyo will be more serious in solving graft and corruption in government

6. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    WTF!!!!

Ano kaya kung yung milyun milyun na pork barrel ng mga tonggressman na ito ang bawasan nila para makatipid ang gobyerno. Ala namang nakikitang resulta eh, maliban sa basketball court at waiting shed na project tapos nakabandera pa ang pangalan nila. Tas makikita mo donated by tongressman so and so eh di naman nila pera yunMga bwisit!!! (OT na ata)

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    saklap naman nito..me gana pa silang maglife style check sa mga common tao samantalang sarili nga nila di nila malife style e.dapat kung seryoso sila dyan, unahin na yong 'taong muntik ng mamatay sa puso kamakailan'.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered View Post
    i understand what you guys are saying about "before you point out the speck in someone else's eye, take out the splinter in your own..."

but isn't tax evasion a crime in the philippines? aren't they pushing for enforcement of the law? i know it's ironic to push for tax collection kung nanakawin din nila yung taxes collected....but there is nothing inherently wrong with the proposed program.

btw, anyone here who doesn't pay their taxes or underreports their income to the BIR has no right to complain about congressmen who evade taxes or steal public money. pare-pareho lang sila nagnanakaw sa kaban ng bayan
    I think the objectionable part of this is that a citizen will be made subject of a tax investigation based solely his lifestyle as a private citizen. This is in stark contrast with a public official (like Rep. Danilo Suarez, who, incidentally was a former customs collector --- ) who readily flaunts his luxury SUV and multi-storey mansion in a private subdivision and yet are not made targets of investigation by the Ombudsman for having assets flagrantly disproportionate to their income.

Tax investigations have 2 consequences, namely civil and criminal so you can understand the apprehension of these people who are now going undergo this type of investigation. If only the investigating agency (in this case, the BIR) did not itself have a perpetual reputation for corruption then there would be less resistance.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    I think the objectionable part of this is that a citizen will be made subject of a tax investigation based solely his lifestyle as a private citizen. This is in stark contrast with a public official (like Rep. Danilo Suarez, who, incidentally was a former customs collector --- ) who readily flaunts his luxury SUV and multi-storey mansion in a private subdivision and yet are not made targets of investigation by the Ombudsman for having assets flagrantly disproportionate to their income.

Tax investigations have 2 consequences, namely civil and criminal so you can understand the apprehension of these people who are now going undergo this type of investigation. If only the investigating agency (in this case, the BIR) did not itself have a perpetual reputation for corruption then there would be less resistance.
    ^^^+1 here..

How about deducting taxes from their pork barrel loots?

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    --Ang mga buwaya sa pamahalaan---Customs, BIR, House of Representatives , DOTC, Comelec, DPWH etc. sobrang kakapalan ng balat wala na silang hiya na pagnakawan ang taong bayan at lipunan.etong sa inyo..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast