Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ^^^

the top 1% OWNS the govt

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    This BIR is trying to up the ante in collections but i think they're seriously missing the right targets.

Just look at the taxes on association dues. COCKTALES | Forbes, Dasma exempt from new VAT - InterAksyon.com
    What? Exempted talaga yun. Because Makati is such a poor and backwards place...

If Forbes can do it, then every single village and condo in the country should be exempted. No "ifs" or "buits".

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    What? Exempted talaga yun. Because Makati is such a poor and backwards place...

If Forbes can do it, then every single village and condo in the country should be exempted. No "ifs" or "buits".
    problem is that for Forbes.. they can easily pay the lawyers to get a BIR Ruling to the effect na exempted sila.. the other not so fortunate associations may not have the budget to hire lawyers to get the BIR Ruling...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by wowiesy View Post
    problem is that for Forbes.. they can easily pay the lawyers to get a BIR Ruling to the effect na exempted sila.. the other not so fortunate associations may not have the budget to hire lawyers to get the BIR Ruling...
    Once there's a precedent, the lawyers of the other associations can easily point to Forvbes as a reason for them to be exempted.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    They should tax meralco because the ads of the tubero are on their posts.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    They should tax the senators. Start with Enrille's xmas gift. Its documented that they got the money so tax it.

Dont tax Meralco. Meralco will pass on the tax to us consumers. They pass on everything else to us inc system losses.

Stupid graberment!

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    "'Cause I'm the taxman, yeahhhhh I'm the taxman"...

17.9K:cupid2:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    "'Cause I'm the taxman, yeahhhhh I'm the taxman"...

That's soooo true. It's usually those who want to report things properly that take the biggest tax hits from what i've observed.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    That's soooo true. It's usually those who want to report things properly that take the biggest tax hits from what i've observed.
    And I am one of them,- a poor and beaten "corporate slave"....

As I receive my paycheck,- a third is on its way to Caesar's....

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Once there's a precedent, the lawyers of the other associations can easily point to Forvbes as a reason for them to be exempted.
    the precedent is only good to support the basis to get a BIR Ruling for exemption... the Revenue Officers and the guys up the chain do not recognize in general because each case may have their own uniqueness, circumstances... especially sa mga naghahabol ng performance para di tamaan ng Attrition Law.. (sad to say, nangyayari is collect lang sila, and if you have issue with that, take it to court) perhaps sa ibang cases makalusot ang taxpayer... pero mas malaki chance na mas marami ang ipitin ng BIR... unless na lang this issue becomes a big political issue which will cause PNoy to instruct Commissioner Kim (whether in public o kahit pabulong na lang) to go easy on this issue... which defeats the purpose kung bakit in the first place ay binago ng BIR ang interpretation nila... BIR Ruling specific for each case and taxpayer, given the presented circumstances will be ruled by BIR on a case per case basis...

Since collection mode ang BIR and every district has their own targets, it will really be up to taxpayer on how to defend their position on a tax issue.. pero barring any official ruling from either BIR or CTA specific, then there's a big chance BIR will get its way (in so far as tax collection is done)... pero if you fight it out through to the CTA.. still you need to put up a bond.. in case you win.. di ako sure kung mabilis ba sila mag release ng bond... or kung nakapag bayad ka na at you are asking for a refund. it is still up to BIR (and all their delaying tactics) before they can issue you a check or Tax Credit Certificate for your refund...

idagdag pa na halos wala daw pinipirmahan na BIR Rulings ang BIR leadership now (even for the most legitimate and straightforward issues).. talagang iniipit..
    Last edited by wowiesy; January 24th, 2013 at 11:04 AM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
BIR: We can go after Sulit, AyosDito and YOU for unregistered, untaxed online sales