New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    hahaha .. Kim Henares, you are shooting for the stars!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bratpaq View Post
    then lets move our online sale to multiply, its an offshore website, goodluck taxing them.
    This!!!! Hahaha! Good luck!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    LOL! ... It's like asking the Manila Bulletin or any other newspaper with classified ads to do a background check on all their classified ads advertisers.

It won't happen. Hollow threats.
    I'd like to see Kim H. try and fall flat on her face when the BIR gets challenged in court. Sobra ang tulis ng lapis pero wala sa lugar.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    I'd like to see Kim H. try and fall flat on her face when the BIR gets challenged in court. Sobra ang tulis ng lapis pero wala sa lugar.
    ang question dito, meron ba mag challenge in court?

and granted meron.. how soon can the court take action?

naalala ko nun.. 2009 pa ata yun o 2010.. nung binago ang brackets / allowed exemptions sa income tax... position then ng BIR was that hindi agad applicable for that taxable year yung new exemptions... I think may case pa yan upto now.. di pa na resolve...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Yung sa ayos at sulit may mga nagbebenata naman na legitimate businesses na rin like widget and kimstore. So may tax na rin yung binabayaran. Hindi naman for profit yung pagbebenta ng segunda manong gamit eh, bibili pa nga SC ng new item eh, lugi pa.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Matindi talaga ang BIR sa mga panahong ito..... Lahat binubusisi. At ang burden of proof,- nasa taxpayer palagi.... Kaya, happy ang mga Tax Lawyers ngayon....

Grabe!

17.9K:cupid2:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by wowiesy View Post
    ang question dito, meron ba mag challenge in court?

and granted meron.. how soon can the court take action?

naalala ko nun.. 2009 pa ata yun o 2010.. nung binago ang brackets / allowed exemptions sa income tax... position then ng BIR was that hindi agad applicable for that taxable year yung new exemptions... I think may case pa yan upto now.. di pa na resolve...
    Meron naman, hindi lang publicized. Believe it or not, a few of my classmates who specialized in tax law are getting really good results when they take on the BIR before the Court of Tax Appeals. The BIR tries to overwhelm you with voluminous documents, but at the end of the day, its the interpretation of the tax code that usually gets the court to rule in favor of the taxpayer.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    Meron naman, hindi lang publicized. Believe it or not, a few of my classmates who specialized in tax law are getting really good results when they take on the BIR before the Court of Tax Appeals. The BIR tries to overwhelm you with voluminous documents, but at the end of the day, its the interpretation of the tax code that usually gets the court to rule in favor of the taxpayer.
    I agree din.. and siguro panahon na para may NGO or something.. that will work for tax payer rights / knowledge / protection of taxpayer rights... although it is within the mandate of the BIR to collect... pero kadalasan, scare tactics ang ginagawa ng BIR... in a way good for them.. either they collect more for the government.. or they collect more for their own pockets... kung baga.. win / win.... pero kung hindi alam ng taxpayer ang kanilang mga karapatan.. yung tamang pag compute (dahil karamihan din ng BIR assessments ay talagang walang basis.. dinadaan lang sa overwhelming wording ng mga orders / letters nila)

minsan may mga assessments na sadyang padded ng BIR... in a way lookout talaga ng taxpayer kung ano ba talaga basis ng BIR... pero kung di mo isa isahin talaga.. mapapabayad ka ng wala sa lugar...

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Maybe another problem is... even if one goes cleanly by the book, you just KNOW they're gonna make everything hellish for you in the future if they so much as hear one squeak of an official protest.

Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

At ang burden of proof,- nasa taxpayer palagi....
    Yes. They simply accuse you of something and refuse to budge to anything to disprove their claim. One almost has no choice except to resort to 'underhanded' methods. The same goes for the BOC.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    This BIR is trying to up the ante in collections but i think they're seriously missing the right targets.

Just look at the taxes on association dues. COCKTALES | Forbes, Dasma exempt from new VAT - InterAksyon.com

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
BIR: We can go after Sulit, AyosDito and YOU for unregistered, untaxed online sales