New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Are you going to vote for this candidate?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

13 50.00%
  • NO

13 50.00%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    our economy is better not because of the budget but because of the fiscal policies by joey salceda.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mikaztro View Post
    I'm quite aware of that bro. But let's straighten out the facts. Never did our govenrment had a budget surplus bigger than our expenditures & budget deficits. Up to now, our budget deficit is still P62.2 Billion pesos albeit its an 8 year low. Yes the economy is growing and if we keep the pace up, we could very well recover from the doldrums IF the government continuously check corruption.

There are many ways on how to solve the budget deficit and one of those things that need in check is red tape. Systematic and effective tax collection can be one major source of funds to cover up the deficit and less expenditures.
    Our government relies heavily on borrowing to fund its budget deficit and spends about a third of its budget on debt servicing.

Partly why our economy is better is because of the budget tightening by our legislators. Do you know that the opposition legislators are the ones who controlled our budget and not the finance department nor the Office of the President. More often than not, it is the government who proposes higher budget and the legislators are the ones trimming it down. FYI, the opposition senators cut our 2006 budget by more than 26 billion pesos. That is why the 1.05-trillion-peso 2006 budget wasn't approved by Congress because of it's gross expenditures, debt servicing et.al. outweighs it's collection. Simply put it, I don't want to elect people in the senate who just go by the flow. There need to be a check and balance in the senate so that we will have a more clear cut budget next time on 07.
    Wrong bro. We have a better budget deficit last year and these coming years because of the Expanded Value Added Tax(E-VAT) and not because the proposed 2006 budget was not passed. It is estimated that the government will have a balanced budget in 2009. This E-VAT law was passed thorugh the initiative of the government, sponsored by administration legislators and prevented fom being passed by oppposition legislators. I'm not an admirer of Arroyo but this is the one initiative i'm fully supportive of her. Ironically, the opposition legislators who opposed it from being passed are the ones who prevented the 2006 budget from being passed. The reasoning of those who opposes EVAT is that it will become an added burden to the people. Actually they're right, but the government believed which I also happen share even before this law was passed as far back as 2004, that for our country to progress we have to take a bitter pill in the form of more taxes such as EVAT.

But look at the result of this EVAT, it is not really that heavy a burden to our people as once predicted. Instead it resulted to a lesser budget deficit. A lesser budget deficit allowed our government to borrow less from our creditors. Less borrowings means less interest payments for our international debts. Less interest payments means more budget for infrastructure, education and health.

The international financial instutions also upgraded our credit ratings. An upgraded credit rating also mean a lower interest rates for our debts and future borrowings. These lower interest rates means less interest payments for our debts, which also result in more budget for infrastructure, education and health. By the way, the government should have a bigger budget to spend for infrastructure as these new infrastructure projects would stimulate the economy and provide more jobs to our people. So, preventing the 2006 budget law from being passed is not a good thing, instead it brought more misery to our people especially the very poor ones because instead of the government being able to deliver more basic services to them, the gov't cannot do so because of lack of budget.

Also, this EVAT helped bring more investors because they are confident that the govt would have a balanced budget in the near future. As we all know, more investors mean more jobs for our people.

Just my 2 cents..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    alam mo napakaswerte lang dahil the evat was implemented and bumaba ang mga oil prices sa world market, and dollars bumaba rin across the board, isipin mo kung hinde nangyari yan mga international factors na yan ewan ko lang kung san tayo pupulutin, and hinde lumakas ang peso but humina ang dollars...kung lumaks talaga ng peso dapat the rate should be in the vicinity of 35-38 parang sa thailand...

yes it helps bring the investors in fact lumakas nga ang stock market pero diba yun mga investment na yan, most of it nasa portfolio ng mga foreign investors na kung meron konting gulo dito , pwede nila alisin kaagad..I mean hinde directly/actual investment talaga..

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    No Deal!!! I will not vote Manoynoy....

5. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by maverickjazzy View Post
    Wrong bro. We have a better budget deficit last year and these coming years because of the Expanded Value Added Tax(E-VAT) and not because the proposed 2006 budget was not passed. It is estimated that the government will have a balanced budget in 2009. This E-VAT law was passed thorugh the initiative of the government, sponsored by administration legislators and prevented fom being passed by oppposition legislators. I'm not an admirer of Arroyo but this is the one initiative i'm fully supportive of her. Ironically, the opposition legislators who opposed it from being passed are the ones who prevented the 2006 budget from being passed. The reasoning of those who opposes EVAT is that it will become an added burden to the people. Actually they're right, but the government believed which I also happen share even before this law was passed as far back as 2004, that for our country to progress we have to take a bitter pill in the form of more taxes such as EVAT.

But look at the result of this EVAT, it is not really that heavy a burden to our people as once predicted. Instead it resulted to a lesser budget deficit. A lesser budget deficit allowed our government to borrow less from our creditors. Less borrowings means less interest payments for our international debts. Less interest payments means more budget for infrastructure, education and health.

The international financial instutions also upgraded our credit ratings. An upgraded credit rating also mean a lower interest rates for our debts and future borrowings. These lower interest rates means less interest payments for our debts, which also result in more budget for infrastructure, education and health. By the way, the government should have a bigger budget to spend for infrastructure as these new infrastructure projects would stimulate the economy and provide more jobs to our people. So, preventing the 2006 budget law from being passed is not a good thing, instead it brought more misery to our people especially the very poor ones because instead of the government being able to deliver more basic services to them, the gov't cannot do so because of lack of budget.

Also, this EVAT helped bring more investors because they are confident that the govt would have a balanced budget in the near future. As we all know, more investors mean more jobs for our people.

Just my 2 cents..
    Bro, I agree with your statements that our deficit slowed down if not reduced because of the implementation of EVAT. But I don't agree in some finer points of yours with regards to debt servicing and uncontrolled government expenditures. On the other hand, I was merely replying to Tsikot's statements, and the topic I were discussing doesn't pertain to EVAT nor the overall condition of our economy. I said "partly" and not "in general". Do you know who crafted the EVAT law? It's not just the administration lawmakers but some opposition senators as well like Sen. Recto etal.
    Never did I mentioned that we had a positive budget deficit because of the non passage of 2006 budget "in general". It only coincided with our arguments and nothing more. The reasoning I put forth we had a better economy with regards to the trimming down of our budget is because "partly", our economy is based on the numbers given by the finance department with regards to our country's GDP. The topic regarding our economy is broad and very complex. Numbers are just numbers and the government should translate their numbers into reality. Other factors that can be attributed to the ballooning of the budget deficit are the shortfall in the collection of revenues and overspending. Still, the government can re-coup the losses by selling government controlled corporations, introducing a milder and broader sales tax, reducing or totally eliminating corruption and high levels of tax evasion, and issuing additional sovereign bonds in the foreign market, etc. This is a fact: According to Sec. Teves, "Our budget deficit was reduced from P125 Billion or 2.1 percent of GDP to P105-115 billion ($2.1-$2.3 billion), or 1.7-1.9 percent of GDP largely due to lower-than-expected outlays after Congress failed to pass President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo's 2006 spending plan." Quoted from Asia News Magazine.

As you can see, it is not only the EVAT that helped reduce our budget deficit but also the overall performance of our economy as well as the prevailing market & economic conditions outside the Philippines.

I also believe that wise spending on the part of the government and shelling out more on infrastructure and social services can further spur economic growth.
    Last edited by mikaztro; February 21st, 2007 at 04:22 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmm, nasa headline ng business section a few days ago, the BIR fell short of the expected VAT collections. so how did this help the budget deficit?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mikaztro View Post
    Bro, I agree with your statements that our deficit slowed down if not reduced because of the implementation of EVAT. But I don't agree in some finer points of yours with regards to debt servicing and uncontrolled government expenditures. On the other hand, I was merely replying to Tsikot's statements, and the topic I were discussing doesn't pertain to EVAT nor the overall condition of our economy. I said "partly" and not "in general". Do you know who crafted the EVAT law? It's not just the administration lawmakers but some opposition senators as well like Sen. Recto etal.
    Never did I mentioned that we had a positive budget deficit because of the non passage of 2006 budget "in general". It only coincided with our arguments and nothing more. The reasoning I put forth we had a better economy with regards to the trimming down of our budget is because "partly", our economy is based on the numbers given by the finance department with regards to our country's GDP. The topic regarding our economy is broad and very complex. Numbers are just numbers and the government should translate their numbers into reality. Other factors that can be attributed to the ballooning of the budget deficit are the shortfall in the collection of revenues and overspending. Still, the government can re-coup the losses by selling government controlled corporations, introducing a milder and broader sales tax, reducing or totally eliminating corruption and high levels of tax evasion, and issuing additional sovereign bonds in the foreign market, etc. This is a fact: According to Sec. Teves, "Our budget deficit was reduced from P125 Billion or 2.1 percent of GDP to P105-115 billion ($2.1-$2.3 billion), or 1.7-1.9 percent of GDP largely due to lower-than-expected outlays after Congress failed to pass President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo's 2006 spending plan." Quoted from Asia News Magazine.

As you can see, it is not only the EVAT that helped reduce our budget deficit but also the overall performance of our economy as well as the prevailing market & economic conditions outside the Philippines.

I also believe that wise spending on the part of the government and shelling out more on infrastructure and social services can further spur economic growth.
    Mike, i'm not saying that EVAT is the only reason for the country's improving economy and credit standing & reputation among international financial institution but there is no denying that it is the main reason. In terms of financial management of the govt this is the main catalyst for improving the budget deficit and not the failure of congress to pass the 2006 budget of arroyo. I mentioned EVAT to rebut what you stated that the non-passage of the proposed 2006 budget is the reason for lower budget deficit.

You failed to mention that the actual budget for 2006 was P1.013 trillion but congress passed a supplemental budget of P46 billion. Add these two and you've got P1.059 trillion total budget for 2006 instead of the proposed P1.05 trillion or higher by P9 billion. And yet, govt achieved a budget deficit of only P63 billion notwithstanding the actual budget of P1.059. This is due to primarily to EVAT.

And you also failed to mention that the govt was forced to scrap vital infrastructure projects due to the non-passage of the 2006 budget. These infrastructure projects would have resulted in more farm-to-market roads and school buildings plus more jobs for our people. Please note that a better farm-to-market roads would result to a lower market price of our farmers produce which in turn would redound to the benefit of the consumers. All of these would result to a higher GDP.

By the way because our infrastructure is sorely lacking that many potential foreign investors skipped our country and instead invested to other neighboring asian countries where the infrastructure are good and gov't policies are constant. Also, last time i heard Recto is still part of the arroyo administration so you cannot consider him as opposition and the EVAT law was passed when most of the senators were still allied with arroyo.

But I do agree with you that the govt need to improve on their non-evat tax collection and to eliminate or reduce corruption on govt agencies most especially in BIR, Customs, DPWH and DOTC. But i'm not sure if we need to sell all Govt Owned or Controlled Corporations (GOCC's). what is needed is to sell those GOCC's that are not earning or losing money. An example is the National Power Corporation (Napocor) which after incurring heavy losses in the past has totally recovered and earned net profits of P86 billion in 2005 and P90 billion in 2006. What is needed is to sell GOCC's that are head-on competing with private businesses but govt must retain GOCC's that are vital or is into public utilities such as Napocor. The govt need only to improve its efficiency so they will not lose money again. Also, govt doesnt need to sell more sovereign bonds as it is already awashed with more money coming from EVAT. And that's the reason why the interest rates of all the banks are very low because the govt has already stopped issuing treasury bills (T-bills) and lessened borrowing money from private financial institutions.

So, Filipinos has a reason to be optimistic in the future because of the improving financial capabilities of the govt and the improving economy in general. Let us keep our fingers crossed that no massive cheating would occur in the may elections. Again I dont love the arroyo govt but you have to give credit where credit is due.

Cheers!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Mike, i'm not saying that EVAT is the only reason for the country's improving economy and credit standing & reputation among international financial institution but there is no denying that it is the main reason. In terms of financial management of the govt this is the main catalyst for improving the budget deficit and not the failure of congress to pass the 2006 budget of arroyo. I mentioned EVAT to rebut what you stated that the non-passage of the proposed 2006 budget is the reason for lower budget deficit.
    Good day Maverick! I'm glad we have a healthy discussion here and a bit surprised you know my first name. Anyway, here's my piece.

As i've said, economics is a very broad and complex topic. I was only pointing out to you in my previous post that it is not only the EVAT that reduced our budget deficit but many other factors. Yes, I'd have to agree with you that the EVAT last February 2006 increased from the previous 10 percent to 12 percent and the business income tax rate that increased from the previous 32 percent to 35 percent for three years had adverse affect in our overall budget. The combination of these measures, plus delayed spending by government, has allowed the government to narrow its budget deficit this year to the tune of P62.2 Billion pesos, lower than the announced target of PhP105 billion.

May I point it out to you again that I did not said it was(failure of congress to pass the 2006 budget of arroyo) the sole reason why we had a reachable budget deficit albeit I said it is one of the reasons. Again, let me reiterate I said the word "partly".

You failed to mention that the actual budget for 2006 was P1.013 trillion but congress passed a supplemental budget of P46 billion. Add these two and you've got P1.059 trillion total budget for 2006 instead of the proposed P1.05 trillion or higher by P9 billion. And yet, govt achieved a budget deficit of only P63 billion notwithstanding the actual budget of P1.059. This is due to primarily to EVAT.
    Sir, I intentionally did not mention it as it is not part of the entire 2006 budget. The primary use of the suplemental budget as proposed by Andaya and Co. is a standby fund to ensure the delivery of essential government services in case of the non-passage of the 2006. The P46billion supplemental budget represents the difference in the amount between the 2005 and 2006 budget and other selected items necessary to implement vital government programs and projects.

To quote Mr. Andays: "What we are submitting to Congress is a standby budget just in case hindi maipasa talaga o sa tingin nila ay hindi na matutuloy ipasa ang 2006 budget". So please let's not muddle the issue. 2006 budget is entirely different from the supplemental budget proposed as it is a safety net for the government and not part of the entire budget of the Philippines.

And you also failed to mention that the govt was forced to scrap vital infrastructure projects due to the non-passage of the 2006 budget. These infrastructure projects would have resulted in more farm-to-market roads and school buildings plus more jobs for our people. Please note that a better farm-to-market roads would result to a lower market price of our farmers produce which in turn would redound to the benefit of the consumers. All of these would result to a higher GDP.
    Sir, we all know that infrastructure projects are vital to the economy. I'm not opposed to it, in fact I agree that it is important. My statement:
    "I also believe that wise spending on the part of the government and shelling out more on infrastructure and social services can further spur economic growth." attest to this. However, fiscalizers in the lower house and in the senate blocked the passage simply because the proposed expenditures in the 2006 outweighs the funds on hand, and others have their own reasons as well. I can't say it is beneficial but maybe it's blessing indisguise. Some of it might just go to the pockets of greedy incumbent Senators/Congressman for their CDF. Moreover, since the election is near, I'm sure some of it will just go to the campaign funds or "pa pogi points".

By the way because our infrastructure is sorely lacking that many potential foreign investors skipped our country and instead invested to other neighboring asian countries where the infrastructure are good and gov't policies are constant. Also, last time i heard Recto is still part of the arroyo administration so you cannot consider him as opposition and the EVAT law was passed when most of the senators were still allied with arroyo.
    Yes, infrastructure projects is vital but it is not the lone reason why investors go elesewhere. What's the use of having a "0" budget deficit or budget surplus if you can't spend the money anyway. As I've said, important "key" factors here are wise spending by the government and re-structuring of the entire government system.

By the way, Recto is an independent minded person as he calls himself and his wednesday group "The third force". He has his own "wednesday group" comprised of Senators; Pangilinan, Villar, Arroyo and Recto himself. He is "sort of" a guest candidate of the Unity Ticket? Or maybe the "third man out". Remember how Sen. Recto opposed the abrupt Charter Change proposition in the lower house and the "Hello Garci" controversy?

But I do agree with you that the govt need to improve on their non-evat tax collection and to eliminate or reduce corruption on govt agencies most especially in BIR, Customs, DPWH and DOTC. But i'm not sure if we need to sell all Govt Owned or Controlled Corporations (GOCC's). what is needed is to sell those GOCC's that are not earning or losing money. An example is the National Power Corporation (Napocor) which after incurring heavy losses in the past has totally recovered and earned net profits of P86 billion in 2005 and P90 billion in 2006. What is needed is to sell GOCC's that are head-on competing with private businesses but govt must retain GOCC's that are vital or is into public utilities such as Napocor. The govt need only to improve its efficiency so they will not lose money again. Also, govt doesnt need to sell more sovereign bonds as it is already awashed with more money coming from EVAT. And that's the reason why the interest rates of all the banks are very low because the govt has already stopped issuing treasury bills (T-bills) and lessened borrowing money from private financial institutions.
    Thank you for agreeing with some of my statements. However, Some GOCC's practically lose money because of the government's inefficiency and neglect. Yes, the government should sell practically all non performing GOCC's. I guess PAGCOR should be last on the list because of it's high performance and it's conduit for cash flow to the Office of the President. No pun intended.

So, Filipinos has a reason to be optimistic in the future because of the improving financial capabilities of the govt and the improving economy in general. Let us keep our fingers crossed that no massive cheating would occur in the may elections. Again I dont love the arroyo govt but you have to give credit where credit is due.
    Cheers!
    Well said Sir! Let's wish our countrymen a happy peaceful elections this year.
    I too am not an oppositionist nor a stalwart of the opposition. I'm a firm believer that our country will surpass our privation if the necessary steps are put together not only by the government but also by ourselves. I only criticize the merits and faults of the government if necessary.

"The first sign of corruption in a society that is still alive is that the end justifies the means." -Georges Bernanos

It's been a pleasure to have a healthy discussion with you Sir. Thank you for sharing your insights as well. Regards!

MIKE DC
    Last edited by mikaztro; February 22nd, 2007 at 05:21 PM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    What track record? I don't think joining rallies count. If that's the case I'd consider Mike Defensor right away since true street parlaimentarian na siya noong panahon pa ni Macoy. Can you enlighten us what he did in Congress po? We'd like to see if he pass any laws.
    Sir Mon, pasensya na at hindi ko nasagot agad ang tanong mo dahil sa nakalimutan ko sa kasagsagan ng aming diskusyon ni Maverick. Medyo masyado madami dami ng House Measure(NATIONAL/LOCAL) na authored/co-authored ni Cong. Noynoy Aquino. Copy/pasted from congress.gov.ph

By the way, Sec. Defensor isn't what you call a street parliamentarian. He is too young for that if you are referring to the Marcos regime days. Noynoy on the other hand is 43 yrs old and a 3 termer in Congress. He is a full fledged street parliamentarian as it is obvious. Meanwhile, Defensor only had his limelight when he won in our district(3rd) in QC as a Congressman. Mr. Defensor ain't a bad Congressman but I wouldn't call him a street parliamentarian albeit some his relatives are.

Bill Summary and Status
    13th Congress
    HOUSE MEASURES (NATIONAL/LOCAL)
    AUTHORED/COAUTHORED BY AQUINO, BENIGNO SIMEON III C.
    2001-07-04 TO 2007-02-22 (Date of Filing)
    Ordered by Bill Number
    HB00471 [History]
    Session No.: 13-1RS-002
    Significance: L
    Date Filed: 2004-07-01
    Full Title: AN ACT RESTORING, REHABILITATING AND MODERNIZING THE OLD AND EXISTING LINES OF THE PHILIPPINE NATIONAL RAILWAYS (PNR), THE NORTH LINES FROM MANILA TO SAN FERNANDO, LA UNION, THE SOUTH LINES FROM MANILA TO LEGASPI CITY, THE CONSTRUCTION OF THE SORSOGON EXTENSION LINE FROM CUMON, DARAGA, ALBAY TO MATNOG, SORSOGON VIA BULAN, SORSOGON, THE CONSTRUCTION OF THE RAILWAY EXTENSION LINE FROM CALAMBA CITY TO BATANGAS CITY, AND THE ALLOCATION OF SEVENTY MILLION U.S. DOLLARS ($70,000,000.00) AS EQUITY OF THE REPUBLIC OF THE PHILIPPINES FROM THE GENERAL APPROPRIATIONS ACT (GAA) FOR THE FISCAL YEAR 2002 FOR THE USE OF THE OFFICIAL DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANCE (ODA)

Principal Author: SOLIS, JOSE G.Date Read: 2004-07-27
    Primary Referral: RAILWAYS AND RO-RO SYSTEMS
    Secondary Referral/s: TRANSPORTATION
    APPROPRIATIONS
    Previous Referrals: PRIMARILY REFERRED TO TRANSPORTATION AND COMMUNICATIONS on 2004-07-27;SECONDARILY REFERRED TO APPROPRIATIONS on 2004-07-27;
    Bill Status: Pending with the Committee on RAILWAYS AND RO-RO SYSTEMS since 2005-02-02

HB01069 [History]
    Session No.: 13-1RS-004
    Significance: N
    Date Filed: 2004-07-05
    Full Title: AN ACT AMENDING REPUBLIC ACT NO. 9164, TO EXTEND THE TERMS OF OFFICE OF BARANGAY OFFICIALS AND RESET THE DATE OF BARANGAY ELECTIONS

Principal Author: SINGSON, ERIC D.Date Read: 2004-08-02
    Primary Referral: LOCAL GOVERNMENT
    Secondary Referral/s: SUFFRAGE AND ELECTORAL REFORMS
    Bill Status: Substituted by HB03742
    Mother Bill Status: REPUBLIC ACT (RA09340) enacted on 2005-09-22

HB01564 [History]
    Session No.: 13-IRS-005
    Date Filed: 2004-07-21
    Full Title: AN ACT RATIONALIZING THE IMPOSITION OF FINES AND PENALTIES FOR CRIMES COMMITTED, AMENDING FOR THE PURPOSE REPUBLIC ACT NUMBERED THIRTY-EIGHT HUNDRED AND FIFTEEN, OTHERWISE KNOWN AS THE REVISED PENAL CODE, AS AMENDED, AND PRESIDENTIAL DECREES NUMBERED FOUR HUNDRED AND EIGHTY-THREE, AND SIXTEEN HUNDRED AND TWO, AS AMENDED
    Short Title: Rationalizing the Imposition of Fines and Penalties for Crimes Committed

Principal Author: TA¥ADA, LORENZO III R.Date Read: 2004-08-03
    Primary Referral: REVISION OF LAWS
    Committee Report No.: 02029
    Bill Status: Approved on Second Reading on 2006-12-20

HB01842 [History]
    Session No.: 13-1RS-005
    Date Filed: 2004-07-28
    Full Title: AN ACT PROVIDING FOR THE CODIFICATION OF CRIMINAL LAWS IN THE PHILIPPINES, PROVIDING FUNDS THEREFOR AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES

Principal Author: AQUINO, BENIGNO SIMEON III C.Date Read: 2004-08-04
    Bill Status: Pending with the Committee on REVISION OF LAWS since 2004-08-04

HB01843 [History]
    Session No.: 13-1RS-005
    Date Filed: 2004-07-28
    Full Title: AN ACT DECLARING APRIL NINETEEN OF EACH YEAR AS TARLAC CITY DAY A SPECIAL NONWORKING HOLIDAY IN THE CITY OF TARLAC

Principal Author: AQUINO, BENIGNO SIMEON III C.Date Read: 2004-08-04
    Bill Status: Substituted by HB04566
    Mother Bill Status: Approved by the House on 2005-12-14, transmitted to on 2005-12-22 and received by the Senate on 2005-12-22

HB02478 [History] [Engrossed PDF, 56k]
    Session No.: 13-1RS-010
    Date Filed: 2004-08-18
    Full Title: AN ACT GRANTING THE RADIO MARIA FOUNDATION, INC. A FRANCHISE TO CONSTRUCT, INSTALL, ESTABLISH, OPERATE AND MAINTAIN FOR RELIGIOUS AND NONCOMMERCIAL PURPOSES RADIO BROADCASTING STATIONS IN THE PHILIPPINES
    Short Title: Granting a Franchise to Radio Maria Foundation, Inc.

Principal Author: TEODORO, GILBERTO JR. C.Date Read: 2004-08-24
    Primary Referral: LEGISLATIVE FRANCHISES
    Committee Report No.: 00180
    Date Acted Upon By the President: 2006-09-28
    Republic Act No.: RA09354
    RA Origin: H
    Republic Act Title: AN ACT GRANTING THE RADIO MARIA FOUNDATION, INC. A FRANCHISE TO CONSTRUCT, INSTALL, ESTABLISH, OPERATE AND MAINTAIN FOR RELIGIOUS AND NON-COMMERCIAL PURPOSES RADIO BROADCASTING STATIONS IN THE PHILIPPINES
    Bill Status: REPUBLIC ACT RA09354 (Lapsed into law on 2006-09-28)

HB02803 [History]
    Session No.: 13-1RS-017
    Date Filed: 2004-09-07
    Full Title: AN ACT RESETTING THE DATE OF BARANGAY AND SANGGUNIANG KABATAAN ELECTIONS TO THE SECOND MONDAY OF MAY, 2008, THEREBY AMENDING FOR THE PURPOSE SECTION 1 OF REPUBLIC ACT NO. 9164, OTHERWISE KNOWN AS 'AN ACT PROVIDING FOR SYNCHRONIZED BARANGAY AND SANGGUNIANG KABATAAN ELECTIONS'

Principal Author: DEL MAR, RAUL V.Date Read: 2004-09-14
    Primary Referral: LOCAL GOVERNMENT
    Secondary Referral/s: SUFFRAGE AND ELECTORAL REFORMS
    Bill Status: Substituted by HB03742
    Mother Bill Status: REPUBLIC ACT (RA09340) enacted on 2005-09-22

10. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    HB02963 [History]
    Session No.: 13-1RS-022
    Date Filed: 2004-09-21
    Full Title: AN ACT DECLARING SEPTEMBER 21 OF EVERY YEAR AS A "NATIONAL DAY OF REMEMBRANCE" IN MEMORY OF THE STRUGGLES AND SACRIFICES OF THE HEROES AND MARTYRS OF THE MARTIAL LAW ERA
    Short Title: National Day of Remembrance Act

Principal Author: OCAMPO, SATURDate Read: 2004-10-25
    Bill Status: Pending with the Committee on REVISION OF LAWS since 2004-10-25

HB03385 [History]
    Session No.: 13-1RS-033
    Date Filed: 2004-12-01
    Full Title: AN ACT PROVIDING FOR THE PAYMENT OF THE ADMINISTRATIVE TOTAL DISABILITY PENSION TO SENIOR VETERANS OF WARS AND MILITARY CAMPAIGNS

Principal Author: GIDAYA, ERNESTO S.Date Read: 2004-12-07
    Primary Referral: VETERANS AFFAIRS AND WELFARE
    Bill Status: Transmitted to the Committee on Appropriations on 2005-02-08

HB03423 [History]
    Session No.: 13-1RS-034
    Date Filed: 2004-12-07
    Full Title: AN ACT AMENDING SECTION 4 (PARAGRAPH 58) AND PROVIDING ADDITIONAL SECTION ON MUNICIPAL FISHERIES, CHAPTER 2, ARTICLE I OF RA 8550, ENTITLED "AN ACT PROVIDING FOR THE DEVELOPMENT, MANAGEMENT AND CONSERVATION OF THE FISHERIES AND AQUATIC RESOURCES, INTEGRATING ALL LAWS PERTINENT THERETO, AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES"

Principal Author: TA¥ADA, LORENZO III R.Date Read: 2004-12-13
    Primary Referral: AQUACULTURE AND FISHERIES RESOURCES
    Bill Status: Pending with the Committee on AQUACULTURE AND FISHERIES RESOURCES since 2004-12-13

HB03424 [History]
    Session No.: 13-1RS-342
    Date Filed: 2004-12-07
    Full Title: AN ACT AMENDING CHAPTER VI, PROHIBITIONS AND PENALTIES AND PROVIDING AN ADDITIONAL CHAPTER ON LEGAL ACTIONS TO RA 8550, ENTITLED: "AN PROVIDING FOR THE DEVELOPMENT, MANAGEMENT AND CONSERVATION OF THE FISHERIES AND AQUATIC RESOURCES, INTEGRATING ALL LAWS PERTINENT THERETO, AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES

Principal Author: TA¥ADA, LORENZO III R.Date Read: 2004-12-13
    Primary Referral: AQUACULTURE AND FISHERIES RESOURCES
    Bill Status: Pending with the Committee on AQUACULTURE AND FISHERIES RESOURCES since 2004-12-13

HB03505 [History]
    Session No.: 13-1RS-036
    Date Filed: 2004-12-14
    Full Title: AN ACT CONVERTING THE BUGUIAS-LOO POLYTECHNIC COLLEGE INTO A STATE COLLEGE TO BE KNOWN AS THE BENGUET STATE POLYTECHNIC COLLEGE, APPROPRIATING FUNDS THEREFOR AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES

Principal Author: DANGWA, SAMUEL M.Date Read: 2004-12-16
    Primary Referral: HIGHER AND TECHNICAL EDUCATION
    Secondary Referral/s: APPROPRIATIONS
    Bill Status: Pending with the Committee on HIGHER AND TECHNICAL EDUCATION since 2004-12-16

HB03616 [History]
    Session No.: 13-1RS-040
    Date Filed: 2005-01-18
    Full Title: AN ACT EXTENDING THE REGLEMENTARY PERIOD FOR THE SATISFACTION OF THE MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION FOR MEMBERS OF THE PHILIPPINE NATIONAL POLICE TO FIVE (5) YEARS AMENDING THEREBY REPUBLIC ACT NO. 6975 ENTITLED, "AN ACT ESTABLISHING THE PHILIPPINE NATIONAL POLICE UNDER A REORGANIZED DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIOR AND LOCAL GOVERNMENT AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES," AS AMENDED BY REPUBLIC ACT NO. 8551, OTHERWISE KNOWN AS THE PHILIPPINE NATIONAL POLICE REFORM AND REORGANIZATION ACT OF 1998

Principal Author: AQUINO, BENIGNO SIMEON III C.Date Read: 2005-01-24
    Primary Referral: PUBLIC ORDER AND SAFETY
    Bill Status: Substituted by HB05568
    Mother Bill Status: Approved on Third Reading on 2006-12-20

HB03742 [History] [Engrossed PDF, 40k]
    Session No.: 13-1RS-048
    Date Filed: 2005-02-14
    Full Title: AN ACT RESETTING THE BARANGAY AND SANGGUNIANG KABATAAN ELECTIONS, EXTENDING THE TERM OF OFFICE OF BARANGAY AND SANGGUNIANG KABATAAN OFFICIALS AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES
    Short Title: Resetting the Barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan Elections, Extending the Term of Office of Barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan Officials

Principal Author: MACIAS, EMILIO II. C.Date Read: 2005-02-21
    Primary Referral: RULES
    Committee Report No.: 00373
    Senate Bill Considered in CC: SB02000[History]
    Date Acted Upon By the President: 2005-09-22
    Republic Act No.: RA09340
    RA Origin: S
    Republic Act Title: AN ACT AMENDING REPUBLIC ACT NO. 9164, RESETTING THE BARANGAY AND SANGGUNIANG KABATAAN ELECTIONS, AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES
    Bill Status: REPUBLIC ACT (RA09340) enacted on 2005-09-22

HB04251 [History] [As Filed PDF, 217k]
    Session No.: 13-1RS-068
    Date Filed: 2005-05-04
    Full Title: AN ACT GRANTING AN ANNUAL PRODUCTIVITY INCENTIVES TO ALL WORKERS IN THE PRIVATE SECTOR, ESTABLISHING MECHANISMS FOR ITS IMPLEMENTATION, AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES
    Short Title: Workers Productivity Incentives Act of 2005

Principal Author: AQUINO, BENIGNO SIMEON III C.Date Read: 2005-05-10
    Primary Referral: LABOR AND EMPLOYMENT
    Bill Status: Pending with the Committee on LABOR AND EMPLOYMENT since 2005-05-10

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Benigno Noynoy Aquino III: Candidate for Senator