New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Whatever the criteria for being in that list is, at least we're in the same league with the Germans

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Any update on the list of the countries that are suppossedly 'banned' in China?....

We now have confirmed airplane tickets, hotel reservations and games tickets.... And, we are about to apply for the visa....

Honestly, I am getting worried about being singled-out....

6110:pepsi:

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    i never take anything i read over the net or the boards as truth,nor do i take anything i hear from anybody and even read over some books as truth as well, so i cross-checked, and asked people...i just talked to my friend a few weeks ago who has been living and working in HK and i showed him this thread, he said that he heard of nothing about it...if there was such a thing then it would spread through the pinoy community there through the grapevine or newsletter daw and create some issues. i am also reading the BBC website everyday for my international news,i havent read anything about it since this thread was started. since news that disturbing should probably be announced in an international news agency's website...anyways,any update? has anything official came out of any government agency?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Well, I got this DFA Travel Advisory from www.abs-cbnnews.com yesterday....

Any update from the TS?

6110:pepsi:

DFA travel advisory on 2008 Olympics in Beijing

Filipinos traveling to China for the 2008 Beijing Olympics in August and September are advised to apply and acquire appropriate entry visas from the Chinese Embassy or consulate.

Philippine Ambassador to China Sonia Cataumber Brady reported to the Department of Foreign Affairs that China’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs has issued a circular advising that the Chinese Government has issued laws and regulations requiring visa applicants to present necessary documents, including an invitation letter, family relationship certificate, roundtrip air tickets, and hotel reservation in China.
    Foreigners are advised to procure their visas before leaving for China from their countries of origin or long-term residence.

Filipinos traveling to China for the Olympics are advised to observe this advisory to avoid unnecessary delay and expense.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    thanks...i am planning to travel to china as well anytime soon. i need to personally get my sword since they wont ship it here since its obviously a dangerous weapon

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    on the contrary filipinoes classes C and D shop for imitation not all but most of them=)

even class A and B pinoys shop at outlet store, seldom do they shop at branded retail outlets, a higher percentage of them shop at outlet stores=)

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    hmm... they must have changed their minds since rumors are spreading about it. besides, doing it will condemn them from international interests, specially that they are on of the world leading exporters/manufacturers(well, quantity wise ofc)
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbullz View Post
    i never take anything i read over the net or the boards as truth,nor do i take anything i hear from anybody and even read over some books as truth as well, so i cross-checked, and asked people...i just talked to my friend a few weeks ago who has been living and working in HK and i showed him this thread, he said that he heard of nothing about it...if there was such a thing then it would spread through the pinoy community there through the grapevine or newsletter daw and create some issues. i am also reading the BBC website everyday for my international news,i havent read anything about it since this thread was started. since news that disturbing should probably be announced in an international news agency's website...anyways,any update? has anything official came out of any government agency?
    Believe me....this is FACT. Every single person who has had to renew their visas is having problems - SERIOUS problems. Hong Kong is completely separate to China as regards visas and travel restrictions. Asking somebody in HK is basically a waste of time.
    Even Singaporeans who previously did not even need a visa for entry into China have now been told they do. My Singaporean work colleague was turned away at Guangzhou airport 1 week ago! He had to fly back home and get a 1 month tourist visa.
    My English colleague was denied entry from HK because 'his visa had less than 1 month beofre it expired'. Only intervention from a local business partner after 2 hours of haggling got him into the country.

Official response from China government - holding tickets for the Olympics does not guarantee being granted a visa.

It may all backfire though - Beijing hotels are complaining that they are only 60 to 70% booked for next month, and they are blaming the visa situation. [SIZE=4]JUSTICE![/SIZE]

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Wife and myself got our visa a few weeks ago, so I guess we're green and go for the Olympics.... I hope everything turns out well at the Immigration and in the Games and City Tour.....

6505:Bath:

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    justice? justice for what? for tibet? lol

the elders in our fraternity enter and exit china at will,using taiwanese,philippine and chinese passports these past few months. for official and unofficial missions.(pertaining to sports).

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Beijing Olympics welcome - except Filipinos and other foreigners