New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Sure ka ba dyan, Boybi? Baka maraming allowances si C4U. :D

And if i may add, no pics = BS... dapat may pic yung resume na ipapadala.
    Basta nasa kasambahay law, walang problema. Post nalang nya dito resume with pic.
    Signature

2. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    The IRR is now out:

Household workers may now enjoy their full rights as DOLE and partner agencies sign Batas Kasambahay implementing rules
    Date Posted: May 10th, 2013 05:26 AM

Household workers may now enjoy their full rights as DOLE and partner agencies sign Batas Kasambahay implementing rules

Republic Act No. 1036, or the “Act Instituting Policies for the Protection and Welfare of Domestic Workers,” also called Batas Kasambahay, which is President Benigno S. Aquino III's 'gift' to all Filipino household service workers--here and abroad--is now in full force and effect after the Department of Labor and Employment and its partner agencies, namely, the Department of Social Welfare and Development, Department of Interior and Local Government,

Philippine National Police, Social Security System, Department of Health and PhilHealth, and Pag-IBIG, yesterday signed the implementing rules and regulations (IRR) of the Kasambahay Law in a simple ceremony held at the Bulwagan ng Karunungan of the Department of Education in Pasig City.

“After years of legislative struggle, we mark today a milestone in recognizing the special needs of our household service workers for safe and healthful working conditions and in strengthening social dialogue, decent employment, and enhanced social protection with our signing of the IRR of the Batas Kasambahay, a landmark piece of social legislation for the rights and welfare of Filipino household service workers," Labor and Employment Secretary Rosalinda-Dimapilis-Baldoz said after the she led the IRR's signing.

Joining Baldoz in signing the Batas Kasambahay IRR were Department of Social Welfare and Development Secretary Corazon Soliman; Department of Interior and Local Government Secretary Mar Roxas; Philippine National Police Director General Allan Purisima; Social Security System President Emilio De Quiros, Jr.; Department of Helaht Secretary and PhilHealth President Enrique Ona; and Pag-IBIG President Darlene Berberabe.

The IRR shall take effect fifteen (15) days after its complete publication in two (2) national newspapers of general circulation.

“We finally present to the public the IRR of the Batas Kasambahay which has been borne out of the DOLE and our partners' nationwide “town-hall-style” public consultations with various stakeholders aimed at crafting an impartial and well-balanced set of rules that respect the rights of both the Kasambahay and the employer,” Baldoz said.

“The IRR is the fruit of solid coordination and convergence of our partners towards a synergized effort to promote the rights and protection of household helpers. It also reflects the government’s expressed commitment in ensuring social protection and decent jobs for our Kasambahay,” she added.
    Last January 18, President Benigno S. Aquino III signed into law the Kasambahay Bill which has been described as the most fitting gift that the government has given to over 2.9 million Filipino domestic helpers.

The Batas Kasambahay institutionalizes the provision of a comprehensive package of benefits to Filipino household service workers, including their entitlement to 13th month pay; service incentive leaves; and social welfare benefits, such as SSS, PAG-IBIG, and PhilHealth.

The law fulfills the country’s obligation to enact a national legislation in compliance with the International Labor Organization’s Convention 189 which sets new international standards for the protection of household helpers.

source: Department of Labor and Employment - News

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by chrismarte View Post
    kasama namin sa bahay 30+ years na sa amin. inalagaan na kaming 4 na magkakapatid hangang siya na rin nag aalaga sa pamangkin ko. di na nag asawa. yung sahod nya monthly kalahati lang kinukuha nya. kukunin nya lahat (yearly) pag uuwi sya nang province. aalis yan pag gusto nya ok lng sa amin

Kinausap nnang ermat ko yun tungkot sa kasambahay bill na yan pinaliwanag sa kanya mabuti. basta sagutin lang daw yung burol at libing pagnamatay sya ok na.
    It's really hard to find helpers of that kind (loyal) nowadays. In the past, they would really stay with one family up until old age. My Tita's yaya took care of her for more than 50 yrs up until the day her yaya died. She did not marry anymore and dedicated her life to taking care of my Tita (up until her children). We treated her like family na rin.

Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Basta nasa kasambahay law, walang problema. Post nalang nya dito resume with pic.
    That's discriminatory, I should be evaluated based on my experience and not on my looks

Does the kasambahay bill include giving prior notice before termination? I just thought about this because my best friend let go of their helper and she left on the same day. It makes me wonder where the helper will go???

4. Join Date
    Mar 2012

I hope clear yung IRR.. Since mandatory na SSS, Pagibig, Philhealth sagot nga ba ng employer yung buong contribution or babawasan din ang sahod ng kasambahay?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^

dapat kaltas din sa sahod ng kasamabahay. kasama ba 13th month sa kasambahay law?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Nakow, nag announce na nga na may IRR pero wala pa ring naka post kahit sa DOLE website.

Tsk tsk tsk

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post

That's discriminatory, I should be evaluated based on my experience and not on my looks
    I will not comment on the looks Sis, because that is subjective,- but do you really have the experience? Meaning, do you really do household chores?

Quote Originally Posted by stickers View Post

I hope clear yung IRR.. Since mandatory na SSS, Pagibig, Philhealth sagot nga ba ng employer yung buong contribution or babawasan din ang sahod ng kasambahay?
    Sad reality ito..... Si Kasambahay,- libre tubig, pagkain, sabon (panlaba at panligo), toothpaste, pati shampoo at deodorant, renta ng tulugan, kuryente, malling, outing..... maraming patay na oras,- nuod tv, pakinig ng radyo/stereo o usap sa kasambahay ng kapitbahay.....

Kawawa naman si Ms. Employee na mukhang nakapag-aral pa.... Walang savings... Samantalang si Kasambahay, sangkaterba ang ipon.... Iyong isa naming Kasambahay,- after over a year ng serbisyo,- nagpaalam na dahil daw magtatayo ng isang maliit na business sa probinsiya.... Marami kasing ipon, dahil ang gastos lang ay ang load sa cellphone niya....(bigay pa namin ang cellphone.... )....

19.1K:insomnia:
    Last edited by CVT; May 21st, 2013 at 10:45 AM.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Meaning, do you really do household chores?

baka di nga marunong magsaing yan eh..........

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Sad reality ito..... Si Kasambahay,- libre tubig, pagkain, sabon (panlaba at panligo), toothpaste, pati shampoo at deodorant, renta ng tulugan, kuryente, malling, outing..... maraming patay na oras,- nuod tv, pakinig ng radyo/stereo o usap sa kasambahay ng kapitbahay.....

this is very true. halos wala nang gastos.....

pag dumating pa yung bigas namin from the province, binibigyan pa namin si kasambahay. he-he!

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    baka di nga marunong magsaing yan eh..........
    I know how to cook and clean

Bakit kaya ang laki ng difference in pay ng family driver sa helper. More than double.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast