DON'T BAN:
    - OEM HID
    - Aftermarket HID with Projector Housing

BAN:
    - Aftermarket HID with no Projector Housing
    - Halogens which are simply bright due to sheer color or high wattage

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    In my experience it's not the brightness of the lamp which is the problem. It's the badly adjusted alignment.
    Correctly set-up dipped beams are no problem to oncoming cars (providing of course that the driver actually DIPS the headlights and doesn't leave the full beam in your face)!
    In UK every car (as part of the STRICT annual safety check) has to have the headlight beam alignment checked and corrected. I can't ever remember seeing a beam alignment tool in a service centre here (but to be honest I haven't actually been looking for them either).
    I've lost count of how many times I've been dazzled by badly aligned headlights - mostly on NON HID lights.

3. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Fozzie Bear View Post
    In my experience it's not the brightness of the lamp which is the problem. It's the badly adjusted alignment.
    Correctly set-up dipped beams are no problem to oncoming cars (providing of course that the driver actually DIPS the headlights and doesn't leave the full beam in your face)!
    In UK every car (as part of the STRICT annual safety check) has to have the headlight beam alignment checked and corrected. I can't ever remember seeing a beam alignment tool in a service centre here (but to be honest I haven't actually been looking for them either).
    I've lost count of how many times I've been dazzled by badly aligned headlights - mostly on NON HID lights.
    Don't let the congressmans know that even non-HID headlight can cause glare, since they might just ban all headlights all together.

SARCASM OFF

This is how stupid this bill is.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Ban on the use of bright white headlamps in motor vehicles sought