1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    ano mas pipiliin ninyong products kung alam ninyo ang mga practices nila:

1.) Practice ng isang multinational company A:
    - treats their people very well.
    - excellent benefits
    - better pay

2.) Practice ng isang local company A:
    - treats their employees like robots and slaves.
    - mediocre pay and benefits

Where will your peso go?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    My Peso will go to whatever product satisfy me more... Di naman kasi ako activist that looks to much on how a company treats their employees etc. that's their problem. My problem is to see if what I paid for is worth my while.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by froshie1 View Post
    ano mas pipiliin ninyong products kung alam ninyo ang mga practices nila:

1.) Practice ng isang multinational company A:
    - treats their people very well.
    - excellent benefits
    - better pay

2.) Practice ng isang local company A:
    - treats their employees like robots and slaves.
    - mediocre pay and benefits

Where will your peso go?
    Just a comment regarding your comparison...

Multinational screens it's employees and takes the cream of the crop, usually the top 5% of the graduates, etc. And to keep those people, they pay corresponding to what they think those people are worth.

The problem if you compare local companies is the need to stay within a profitable margin. If you start paying people like what they do in a multi-national, that company will not stay in business for very long.

Mind you that not all companies are as you describe.

Multi-national companies might have great benefits and salaries schemes but they will demand a lot as well from the employees, usually working 10 to 12 hours a day and sometimes even over the weekends just to keep up with the "normal" workload. Not much time left to spend time with their families or friends or even have much of a social life (unless those are scheduled into their calendars as "things-to-do). I know it first hand because my ex-wife and another female friend are among them.

Local companies might not have as good as a compensation package but the employees just have to work their 8 hours a day, five to six days a week and then they can go home to be with their families at the end of the day.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Doable in whose universe? ... the philippines is not going to the dogs... its already gone to the dogs. The only thing that can happen to save us from ourselves is a Fidel Castro style revolution.
    BUT, what if a Fidel Castro type takes over? We might end up like the Cubans poor as sewage rats.

And yes we'll be driving 50 year old cars and smoking cigars. We'll all be world class athletes since public transport sucks and we have to walk most of the time.

Not such a bad idea after all.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by 4wrider View Post
    BUT, what if a Fidel Castro type takes over? We might end up like the Cubans poor as sewage rats.

And yes we'll be driving 50 year old cars and smoking cigars. We'll all be world class athletes since public transport sucks and we have to walk most of the time.

What we need is a cultural revolution to bail ourselves from everything.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by A121 View Post
    What we need is a cultural revolution to bail ourselves from everything.
    That doesn't sound right: from Fidel Castro's Revolucion to China's Cultural Revolution? What's next Pol Pot's Year Zero??

I just can't imagine the the nightmares of turmoil and hardship that we will have to suffer through just so we can dream of a better tomorrow. And it's what it is, just a dream which Kampucheans and Cubans are still dreaming in their half awake economies.

Another dreary dream, which I think is a little bit more palatable, is for Filipinos to elect a president with a hidden but benevolent dictatorial tendencies (oxymoron? No, just think Lee Kuan Yew), Marcos without Imelda and family would have done it; Cory certainly had the chance but was too democratically inclined; Ramos had the tendencies and requisite military clout but was not popular; Erap had tendencies but had tendonitis and was too drunk to rule; Gloria flatly failed to elevate her stature with the military and the people but she definitely had the desire.

Among the wannabes, Among is benevolent and could be dictatorial but does not have the face to entertain the wowowee voters; Villar has the wowowee voters but so is Erap, Chiz and Noli; Lacson and BF have the guts but not the brain and integrity of Lee Kuan Yew; Binay and Mar may have the color of Obama but have no content in their character; Gordon and Gibo have the heart and mind of a great leader but not much followers; and Loren and Jamby are more of Le Kat Nyo types rather than Lee Kuan Yew.

Here's an interesting reading on Lee Kuan Yew and culture:

http://www.fareedzakaria.com/article...r/culture.html

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002

Unless we decide to aim soviet nuclear ICBs to the USA and the USA decides for a 100% trade imbargo, I don't think we would be left with 50 year old cars and cigars.

Guys, remember your history before quoting and exaggerating it.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    That doesn't sound right: from Fidel Castro's Revolucion to China's Cultural Revolution? What's next Pol Pot's Year Zero??

I just can't imagine the the nightmares of turmoil and hardship that we will have to suffer through just so we can dream of a better tomorrow. And it's what it is, just a dream which Kampucheans and Cubans are still dreaming in their half awake economies.

Another dreary dream, which I think is a little bit more palatable, is for Filipinos to elect a president with a hidden but benevolent dictatorial tendencies (oxymoron? No, just think Lee Kuan Yew), Marcos without Imelda and family would have done it; Cory certainly had the chance but was too democratically inclined; Ramos had the tendencies and requisite military clout but was not popular; Erap had tendencies but had tendonitis and was too drunk to rule; Gloria flatly failed to elevate her stature with the military and the people but she definitely had the desire.

Among the wannabes, Among is benevolent and could be dictatorial but does not have the face to entertain the wowowee voters; Villar has the wowowee voters but so is Erap, Chiz and Noli; Lacson and BF have the guts but not the brain and integrity of Lee Kuan Yew; Binay and Mar may have the color of Obama but have no content in their character; Gordon and Gibo have the heart and mind of a great leader but not much followers; and Loren and Jamby are more of Le Kat Nyo types rather than Lee Kuan Yew.

Here's an interesting reading on Lee Kuan Yew and culture:

http://www.fareedzakaria.com/article...r/culture.html
    Chairman Mao popularized the term but what I mean is a revolution in the sense of a new way of thinking like the renaissance period in Europe or the age of enlightenment.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Of course, we also need to know our current events. Who among the current crop of leaders both in and out of the government would do a Fidel Castro? Mostly, anti-west communists who would certainly ally themselves with other superpower wannabes who have the wherewithal to counteract possible western aggression.

And history does tend to repeat itself, unless we learn from it.

Exaggeration? Not really a bad thing. As King Leonidas would have exclaimed: THIS IS THE INTERNET!!!

The best thing about internet is it is such a marketplace of ideas where everybody sells and any takers must always beware.

We get a lot more load of crap from the traditional sources like newspapers, radio, tv.

Besides, most of the postings here are just for self gratification rather than to elucidate others. I don't take things seriously here especially in a political thread where each really should be on his own lookout.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by A121 View Post
    Chairman Mao popularized the term but what I mean is a revolution in the sense of a new way of thinking like the renaissance period in Europe or the age of enlightenment.
    Hey no problem! In fact I think there's a cultural revolution similar to the Europe's golden era that's happening worldwide right now. Remember that what preceded the renaissance was the invention of the printing press which allows a quicker dissemination of ideas. Nowadays, we have the internet, the cellphones, twitter, facebooks, blog etc. to quickly spread our ideas.

All we need now are revolutionary or radical ideas. And as you can see from most forums, ideas beget ideas. Mao had his ideas, which he believed would be good for the country, but the way he forced it on others was really, well, a bad idea.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Bailing Out the Philippine Economy