Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
I always mention this kapag "traffic" ang topic...

We all want "better public transportation" pero it's honestly para di bumili ng car yung "next person"

Tayo, bili pa din (otherwise, di tayo member ng Tsikot )

Just look at the other countries...

Mahal kotse sa Singapore... Nagco-commute yung walang pambili, pero once maka-ipon....bibili pa din yan ng kotse.

India/Thailand has trains/tuktuk... Bili pa din

If taxes go up... Bibili pa din tayo

I also posted earlier in another forum... Sa Singapore, mas mura mag Grab everyday than buy your own car... Pero lahat ng tao, gusto pa din may sariling car

Again, I personally tried the MRT nung 40 pesos sya at halos walang pasahero... A month later, kotse na ako ulit
I definitely agree. Hopefully more people are as self-aware as you to acknowledge that we are all contributors to the problem.

I've stopped complaining about traffic long ago because I know that I'm part of the problem too. The 2 most significant ways to stop congestion in Manila is either to move out of Manila, or not use your own car in Manila.

Moving out is difficult for most people whose work and business are rooted here. Not using a car is only possible if you either commute to work, or live close enough that you can walk it.

For most people, option 2 is too expensive. Not everyone can afford a 10 million condo in BGC that's walking distance from their office. But difficult as it is, many people actually have chosen this option albeit via renting - all the peripheral roads near BGC are now filled with rooms/apartments for rent for the working class who need a place to stay during the weekdays.

Commuting is still the primary option for most as it's usualltly the cheapest option, but it actually costs a lot in terms of time, stress, and health. Only when government invests heavily in mass transport (esp. trains) will this be a viable option that doesn't take half a day to and from.

Once people move up the socioeconomic ladder, people get cars (just like us). Then we become part of the crazy traffic jam called Metro Manila.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk