New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Xavier and Ateneo are Jesuit run, so they are a little liberal...

Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    The fact that there are very few (if any) top-tier elementary schools that aren't catholic schools goes against the claim that "theists don't force religion down your throat".

Xavier, ICA, Ateneo, La Salle, Assumption, Miriam, St. Paul. Aren't all of them catholic schools?

I can only think of UPIS as the non-catholic school that is of good quality although arguably the aforementioned private schools are still better.

And even in a non-religious setting, religion is still deeply ingrained in our curriculum. In PSHS we still had Values Ed which was basically Christian Living with a new name. Morality still wasn't separated with religion.

Only when I got to college (ironically in a Jesuit university) were we really able to thresh out the two. And even if we had theology classes, it was never about indoctrinization. Heck, my Muslim friend appreciated Christian theology because only the universal principles of human decency are discussed and not in the usual sanctimonious manner.

I heard the other famous priest-run university isn't as liberal with their teachings.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post

And even in a non-religious setting, religion is still deeply ingrained in our curriculum. In PSHS we still had Values Ed which was basically Christian Living with a new name. Morality still wasn't separated with religion.

Only when I got to college (ironically in a Jesuit university) were we really able to thresh out the two. And even if we had theology classes, it was never about indoctrinization. Heck, my Muslim friend appreciated Christian theology because only the universal principles of human decency are discussed and not in the usual sanctimonious manner.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
    Atheism and Morality
    Atheism and Morality - YouTube

Dr Ravi Zacharias: morality and the unbeliever
    Dr Ravi Zacharias: morality and the unbeliever - YouTube

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Morality is so much simpler when you are left to base it on rational principles. "Do unto others..." (quoth Confucius, a few hundred years before Jesus) is all you really need to remember. Recognize the basic right to life, first and foremost. Extrapolate all other ethical principles from that and you're all set.
    I also prefer this method, even though I am a devout RC, specially if I am in the presence of an atheist/agnostic. No need to push one's belief unto another.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    I also prefer this method, even though I am a devout RC, specially if I am in the presence of an atheist/agnostic. No need to push one's belief unto another.
    dyan ka nagkamali, we RC's should force them to change. kaya nga nagpunta mga Kastila dito eh. show them na empty ang buhay nila mga atheist. empty naman talaga eh I find atheists so boring

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    dyan ka nagkamali, we RC's should force them to change. kaya nga nagpunta mga Kastila dito eh. show them na empty ang buhay nila mga atheist. empty naman talaga eh I find atheists so boring
    To each his own. Hehe

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Agree bro. You can be a believer or non believer but the most important thing is to not be an a$$h*le about it.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    To each his own. Hehe

di pwede, Jesus risked his life so that he can teach others even if there is a danger to teach. yan ang mission natin. we cannot live peacefully talaga kasi anong silbi natin sa mundo, mabuhay lang ng matiwasay ok na, I think you should review your Christian doctrines. di daw tayo pinanganak sa mundo para magpasarap lang tapos walang aawayin para safe.

so I think kelangan natin baguhin ang mga ugali ng Atheist coz they are in even more danger. kasi susceptible sila sa depression later on in life, pag nalaman nilang lonely sila without God. It's our duty to bring them back

8. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Agree bro. You can be a believer or non believer but the most important thing is to not be an a$$h*le about it.
    believing is useless, you need to test that belief. ano yan I believe tapos ok na, punta ka na heaven. it's not like that at all. whenever you meet someone na scientific / atheistic, you must make him realize na boring sya. kita mo nga even sa movies, lahat ng nerds, scientific, they are the boring ones,

when someone talks to you about anti-lock brake systems, that's atheist. when someone talks to you about Dracula, then that's interesting di'ba. That's what we all are Theists.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    believing is useless, you need to test that belief. ano yan I believe tapos ok na, punta ka na heaven. it's not like that at all. whenever you meet someone na scientific / atheistic, you must make him realize na boring sya. kita mo nga even sa movies, lahat ng nerds, scientific, they are the boring ones,

when someone talks to you about anti-lock brake systems, that's atheist. when someone talks to you about Dracula, then that's interesting di'ba. That's what we all are Theists.
    Sometimes taking a hard stand just does not work...

I will take a hard stance only in dire situations or when I feel there is that need.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

10. Join Date
    Jul 2015

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast