New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Villar is telling ...

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • ... the truth.

6 30.00%
  • ... a lie.

14 70.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mbc View Post
    The article was just showing to the public that the Liberal Party leadership does not know how to quantify a poor and thriving families. The rich hacienderos does know how to be poor anyway and does not know how poor family combined income can afford things that somewhat the rich can afford.

The rich haciendoros questioning how come a poor could be admitted in hospitals and pay for the bills, they are just showing that poor family does not have the right to be treated in private hospitals. The LP leadership is saying that if the poor family had a sick member they should not be admitted in a hospital where rich people are treated.

Being poor as I consider myself and family I feel Villar is telling the truth. My father a jeepney driver and my mom a dressmaker had managed to send us in not so expensive private HS and college degree at MIT.

There's a big differrence on rich family that can afford private schools and poor families thriving hard to gain private schooling plus the fact that poor families loan money to achieve ease in social status.

The article above AS I WRECK THIS CHAIR By William M. Esposo (The Philippine Star) is anti poor in every angle.
    It is not so much to be "mata pobre" but to be honest in your statement that Villar was not really that poor. It is his integrity which is being attacked and not the poor in general. Hindi naman sinabi na bawal magdala ang mahirap sa mamahaling hospital, sinasabi lang na dapat maging straightforward sya sa pagsasabi ng meron silang kakayahan di tulad ng tunay na naghihirap na Pilipino. Despite the article against Villar, I will still consider him on May 10.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    A "rags-to-riches" line is a good story to tell where most people are poor.

If Villar is really for the poor, we can look at his record--both as a citizen and as a politician--what he did for the upliftment of poverty.

Otherwise, he will just be one of many who will just use such convenience to achieve the targeted end.

We should be wary---such should not earn our trust.

I think that is the article's message. Magpaka-totoo ka!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
ARTICLE: "How Manny Villar lied and used the death of his brother Danny"