New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    yung complete serial number dude,please. thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hahaha, pati pag-gawa ng pera off-shore na din pala.

collectibles nga ito!!!

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Al079699

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pag meron kayo tago niyo na yan. siguradong pagdating sa bangko central i-hohold na nila yan. ako naghahanap pa. hehehe

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kapag nakaron ako nyan, hindi ko gagamitin para hindi i-hold ng BNP :evillaugh ilalagay ko pa sa frame yan!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Central bank to probe ‘Arrovo’ blunder

First posted 06:12pm (Mla time) Nov 21, 2005
    By Doris Dumlao
    Inquirer News Service

WHILE apologetic over a batch of new 100-peso bills that mispelled President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo's surname, the Philippine central bank has said that it would not let the culprit go off the hook.

But as of now, the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) is in the dark on whether the error was due to a lapse in its internal quality control or that of the foreign contractor that printed the bills.

The printing of the controversial bills--where the President's surname was misspelled as "Arrovo"--was outsourced to a contractor from Europe, to ensure a sufficient supply of these bills which are highly in demand during the Christmas season.

"We have to determine who is responsible. If the printer is responsible, they will have a liability," said BSP Deputy Governor Armando Suratos on Monday, noting the investigation would be conducted at the soonest time possible.

There are only less than 100,000 pesos worth of such 100-peso bills currently in circulation, based on estimates of BSP officials. After discovering the error, the BSP withheld the release of the remaining bills.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Fate plays joke on Arroyo, according to solons

Nov 21, 2005
    Updated 03:28pm (Mla time)
    Maila Ager
    INQ7.net

THE JOKE is on President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo – at least this was how opposition legislators at the House of Representatives viewed the gaffe of the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (Central Bank of the Philippines) when it circulated a batch of 100-peso bills bearing the misspelled surname of the President.

Iloilo Representative Rolex Suplico said Monday that the word "Arrovo" as printed on the 100-peso bill was similar to the word "rovo," which means robbery in Spanish.

But Laguna Representative Benjamin Agarao said "Arrovo" sounded like "Dorobo," which means "thief" in Japanese.

"Fate has intervened and has played a joke on GMA [Arroyo's initials]. The incident is fast becoming a national joke. And because it is turning into one, everyone, young and old alike, already know that 'Arrovo,' which sounds like 'dorobo' means thief," Agarao said in Filipino.

Suplico said this blunder was an embarrassment to the country. "We don't know if it's deliberate or what...I hope it's not deliberate that a simple 'I'm sorry' would close this case," he said.

House Minority Floor Leader Francis Escudero said the printer should be made accountable for this blunder.

"They've been printing the bills for a long time. There is no room for mistakes because they should know the correct spelling of the President's name by now," Escudero said in Filipino.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    meron na din ako..A series usually yan.
    nakalagay na sa safe yung sa akin collectible daw, pero sabi ng friend ko sa bank medyo marami pa raw sa circulation.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    marami pa nga sa cirulation...madami pa ako nakukuha sa kaha namin..hehehehe

anybody wants to buy from me?hihihihihi

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennSter
    marami pa nga sa cirulation...madami pa ako nakukuha sa kaha namin..hehehehe

anybody wants to buy from me?hihihihihi
    how much??

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Arroyo's name mispelled in some P100 bills