New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    naimbento na atomic bomb even before hitler and mussolini surrendered. nun malaman na ng dalawang dictator na may nuke, aba eh kelangan na kagad i-negotiate ang surrender that's why palabas na lang yun pagkatalo ng 2/3 axis powers

pero mga hapon, hindi nila siguro naintindihan ang behaviour ng atom nun araw. baka mahina pa chemistry nila kaya sige bluff bluff kaya hayun biglang crash course sila sa technology after the atom bombs ...

2. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by buriroy View Post
    I still go by my basic premise that it is downright evil and morally wrong to annihilate civilians en-masse, no matter what their leaders or soldiers may have done in the past, whether it be peacetime or in war.

Otherwise, it will be a never-ending cycle of retribution. Osama Bin Laden can now say that it's OK for him to have offed close to three thousand American civilians at the World Trade Center. After all, it's just a small payback for what the Americans did in Nagasaki and Hiroshima of vaporising hundreds of thousands
    of Japanese civilians. And the cycle never ends, and the killings as well.

I guess I've said everything I have to say on this matter. Thanks J.a. Pekto for keeping the discussion intelligent and without rancor. I'm outta here as others are coming in spewing hatred and that's not for me. Peace, and hope to have more meaningful exchange of ideas with you in upcoming threads.
    eto ang isang malaking TANONG ko sa WWII bakit Nagasaki saka Hiroshima ang binagsakan ba't hindi Tokyo? kung talagang annihilation or genocide ang pakay ng allied eh di dun ibagsak

ang sa pagkaalam ko dun pabrika ng hapon ng mga tangke, saka bayonet, saka airplane sa nagasaki/hiroshima

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by buriroy View Post
    I still go by my basic premise that it is downright evil and morally wrong to annihilate civilians en-masse, no matter what their leaders or soldiers may have done in the past, whether it be peacetime or in war.

Otherwise, it will be a never-ending cycle of retribution. Osama Bin Laden can now say that it's OK for him to have offed close to three thousand American civilians at the World Trade Center. After all, it's just a small payback for what the Americans did in Nagasaki and Hiroshima of vaporising hundreds of thousands
    of Japanese civilians. And the cycle never ends, and the killings as well.

I guess I've said everything I have to say on this matter. Thanks J.a. Pekto for keeping the discussion intelligent and without rancor. I'm outta here as others are coming in spewing hatred and that's not for me. Peace, and hope to have more meaningful exchange of ideas with you in upcoming threads.
    We actually have the same attitude in that such disasters are tragic and horrendous. We'd both be appalled if such suffering were unleashed upon us today.

I'm done here as well. I'm out of things to say as well.

As for Japan, I'm one of those who admire the country and its people today. It's a very different country now some old-timers say. I plan to visit some more in the future because I have friends there and it's such a fun place to visit. I harbor no grudges. It's simply impossible to after talking and knowing the people in general. The only reason now that I never forget my Pop's past is so that I never forget the lessons learned as well.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Arroya as a Nazi?