New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Algunas personas cambiar para mejor, algunos de los peores. Y elegi el camin positivo. No, espero ordinaria, confiar na mi.
    Estupendo Pero me parece eres cualquiera cosa pero ordinario

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    Estupendo Pero me parece eres cualquiera cosa pero ordinario
    Aprecio su voto de confianza para mi mi amiga.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by donbuggy View Post
    Pope Francis invited to PH | Inquirer Global Nation

By Lito B. Zulueta
    Philippine Daily Inquirer
    12:23 am | Sunday, March 17th, 2013
    On seeing Vidal, who took part in the 2005 conclave where then Jorge Mario Cardinal Bergoglio, archbishop of Buenos Aires, placed second to the Pope he has now replaced, Francis exclaimed, “Filipinas, islas de santos (The Philippines, islands of saints)!”

Vidal said he was initially stumped by the Pope’s remark, explaining that “islas de santos” can also mean “islands of holy people” because the Philippines is known to be devoutly Catholic.

Where the Holy People live.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Hey i was walking along Katipunan just about that time. Pumunta ako sa Fully Booked to... er... read. :D

Yung Phil. Provincial of the Jesuits will be heading off to Rome i heard.
    OT: Bro.,- I was inside Pancake House, waiting for my wife and son, who is with his dentist (sa may Equitable Bank building?), katabi ng BPI....)

Parang monthly grind ko... dayo pa kami sa dentist niya.....

Hey bro, let's exchange cp#, as we could meet up one of these days.....

I'll PM you....

18.5K:mail:

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Pope Francis's down to earth humility is incredible!

Before an astounding crowd of some 300,000 in and around St. Peter's Square, Pope Francis today delivered his first angelus as pontiff, urging the faithful to be merciful and forgiving.

Hours earlier, the humility and spontaneity of the 76-year-old Argentine was on display when he greeted onlookers near the edge of Vatican City.

As the pope was entering a mass in St. Anna Parish, he decided to stop and greet a crowd of people awaiting his arrival. Walking up to the crowd, Francis shook hands, held a baby, and even motioned for two priests he recognized in the crowd to bypass the barricades and approach him.

It was the latest sign of the informality of the new pontiff. In the days since he was selected by his fellow cardinals to lead the Roman Catholic Church, Francis has shunned the fancy red shoes of his predecessor Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI in favor of simple black shoes, declined a ride in a limousine in favor of a mini-van, and donned simple white robes and a wooden cross. The new informal style has been welcomed by followers and colleagues worldwide.

Pope Francis Through the Years

"I think just the way he is behaving is very discreet. It is very ordinary," Cardinal Wilfrid Napier of South Africa said. "It's very much like, 'I am the pope, but I can still sit down at any table with anybody. I can share my stories. I can talk about my life. I can share about my ministry.'"

In St. Peter's Square today, Americans in the crowd marveled at the pope's humility.

"He just seems very humble in the way that he presents himself," said Christina Senour, who now lives in Rome.

"It has really struck me that he is so without frills," added her brother-in-law, David Uebbing.

Uebbing's wife Jennifer predicted that the pope's displays of modestly will help the church grow.

"I think he's working very honestly and simply to transmit his humility to the world and to set an example, to say here is the church, it's not rich and grand and aloof, but it is down with the people and for the people," she said.

On Tuesday morning, Francis will return to the square for his papacy's inaugural mass.

Later today, Vice President Joe Biden is set to arrive in Rome to attend the mass. On Monday, Francis is scheduled to meet the president of his homeland, Christina Kirchner, whom he has criticized in the past.

Then next weekend Francis will meet with his predecessor, in a unique, historic meeting between the current pope and a fellow living pope.

Cardinal Justin Rigali of Philadelphia told reporters today that Francis is delivering a similar message to that delivered by Benedict, who earlier this year became the first pope in nearly six centuries to resign.

"He's pronouncing the same message of God's mercy. That is what is so important," Rigali said of Francis. "But he is doing it in his way, just as Benedict did it in his way.

"We all have our gifts," he added.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Pope to drive his own 'popemobile' inside Vatican City - The Globe and Mail

PHILIP PULLELLA
    VATICAN CITY — Reuters
    Published Thursday, Sep. 12 2013, 11:53 AM EDT
    Last updated Thursday, Sep. 12 2013, 12:06 PM EDT

Pope Francis plans to drive around Vatican City at the wheel of a “popemobile” that is a lot like him: frugal, clad in white, and with a fair bit of mileage.

The 1984 Renault 4 economy car with 300,000 km on the speedometer was given to him by a 70-year-old priest from northern Italy, Father Renzo Zocca, who took the pope for a spin inside the walls of the tiny city-state.

“I think the pope will drive it a bit himself inside the Vatican,” the Holy See’s deputy spokesman, Father Ciro Benedettini, said on Thursday.

After the pope appealed to priests several months ago not to drive expensive cars but to save money and give it to the poor, Zocca wrote him a letter saying he had used the same car for decades and wanted to give it to the pope as a symbolic gift.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by donbuggy View Post
    Pope to drive his own 'popemobile' inside Vatican City - The Globe and Mail

PHILIP PULLELLA
    VATICAN CITY — Reuters
    Published Thursday, Sep. 12 2013, 11:53 AM EDT
    Last updated Thursday, Sep. 12 2013, 12:06 PM EDT

Ayaw ni Pope ng MS?

Im sure the Swiss Guards are having a fit in ensuring the safety and security of Pope Francis.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Ayaw ni Pope ng MS?

Im sure the Swiss Guards are having a fit in ensuring the safety and security of Pope Francis.
    Dapat pala lagi silang may mobile auto shop sa mga biyahe ni santo papa. ;)

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Fun fact about the Renault 4:

The car features a shorter wheelbase on the left than on the right because the rear wheels are not mounted directly opposite one another. This concept allowed a very simple design of the rear suspension using transverse torsion bars located one behind the other without affecting handling.

Renault 4 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345