New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    If you are alone and have to take a TAXI, always text the plate number to a friend or relative...

Hoping the attention it gets on Social Media will have bear results...

To all my FEMALE friends, PLEASE READ THIS VERY IMPORTANT STATUS:

I was supposed to write this the night it happened but I only had time do so tonight. Last September 21, 2013 as I was driving along EDSA with my friend Cher Lui Pio. We saw the door of a Toyota Avanza Taxi swing open with a woman suddenly JUMPING OUT of the moving vehicle as she dropped on the road unconscious, as this happened, the vehicle sped off and unfortunately since this happened right in front of my car, I had to stop. At that moment, we didn't really know what was going on but what we do know was that that same vehicle definitely wanted to "get away." It was a good thing a lot of other cars saw the situation and a good samaritan who was waiting by that area (given that this is right where the MRT Buendia Station was) was able to rush to the lady and bring her to the Shell Station by the area. Now the picture I'm using is just a graphic to show you where it specifically happened (taken from flickr c/o joy_sale).

Given that the situation was under control, i proceeded to drop off my friend Cher in Greenbelt but not without going back to the Shell station to ask what happened. I was informed that the lady jumped out because the Taxi Driver had intentions to RAPE her, her original destination was Pioneer Highlands and when the taxi didn't stop at that area and kept on going, that's when she decided to finally handle things on her own. The time it happened was a bit past 10 pm and since that part of EDSA was actually an area that vehicles slow down at, she took that opportunity to jump out of the vehicle to save her life. Good thing, the Shell staff was able to provide her with first aid and take her to a nearby hospital and provide police assistance. Now I know we've been hearing countless stories like this in the news or social media, I just never thought, my friend and I would be witness to it. I'm a bit frustrated I wasn't able to get the taxi's plate number given that everything happened so fast, it's just that this is fair warning to you ladies or even anyone for that matter to be alert every time you take public transportation.

Some general tips:
    1) Always inform someone immediately the plate number and if possible the name of the driver of a cab, it may sound like paranoia but this is just a safety precaution.
    2) Make sure that the doors of taxi work properly, from its locks, and that it can be opened inside and out. Sometimes it can be opened from the outside but if its in childlock mode and you need to get out, you won't be able to open it.
    3) As much as possible, try not to ride alone, especially in the evening. If you decide to go out on a night out where you know you'll be a bit disoriented after a night of partying, DO NOT go at it alone, make sure someone is sober with you to get you home safely.
    4) It may be pricey but go with well known taxi services and save their numbers on your phone so you won't have to be forced to ride a random taxi unless of course you really need to.
    5) BE ALERT, sometimes it's too easy to get lost with your phone, tablet, etc. that you fail to check the simple things that can actually matter in an emergency.

Keep safe everyone, just wanted to share this experience to inform you that yes, unfortunately, things like this happen.

Update: As I am not familiar with MRT stations, the apparent station where that bystander that helped the girl out was the BUENDIA station.

The taxi plate number as per another witness account is UVN 122. Based on the text to LTO, the vehicle is a Toyota Avanza, Aqua Metallic. Provided also info by a concerned citizen, its operator : Silver Cord with Address : 4th Floor Robinsons Galleria, Ortigas Cor. Edsa.

For those asking about this being raised to authorities, based on what I was told when I inquired at the Shell station, they gave info of the incident to the police as well, so do know, something was probably done as of this writing.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Sometimes stories like this are too weird. Why would the writer need to mention the name of the friend? Why would a taxi driver, with the intent to do something illegal, pass by a busy street and do it early when there are still too many witnesses?

Not saying that this is not true but the story seems like a rehashed version of what keeps on getting posted repeatedly on social media. Given how people react immediately to these types of posts, it would be easy to cause inconvenience to someone by simply making a similar story and posting that person's vehicle info online.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Sometimes stories like this are too weird. Why would the writer need to mention the name of the friend? Why would a taxi driver, with the intent to do something illegal, pass by a busy street and do it early when there are still too many witnesses?

Not saying that this is not true but the story seems like a rehashed version of what keeps on getting posted repeatedly on social media. Given how people react immediately to these types of posts, it would be easy to cause inconvenience to someone by simply making a similar story and posting that person's vehicle info online.
    sir, bad people do not need to conceal their bad intentions nowadays. they know that the system is totally crap and most of them know the system as well.

some time 2009 one of my female co-worker was stabbed before the intersection of makati ave and buendia around lunch time.

kaya mga katsikot ingat ingat, by the way just to add to the reminders above:

- always check the actual license plate number vis-a-vis plate number sticker/paint on the outside vis-a-vis plate number paint/sticker inside the taxi if something is not in sync, get out immedaitely as early as possible.
    - always look for alternative route or study your way from point a to piouint b, ok lang matraffic basta matao.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Good intention that has epal effect on me. Hinde siya mismo Ang tumulong bumalik lang para maki tsismis. Harap niya nangyari and Hinde nakuha Ang number.

Gusto lang magbida Sa Facebook under guise of reminders. **** ****.

Maganda sana kunf dalawa sila bg friend niya bumaba agad para tumulong.

Another Facebook user ****er

Pasikat lang yan Sa Facebook. Feeling journalist, wala naman ginawa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    #retzing

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post

rapists have neither hindsight nor foresight.
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    kakatakot mga katsikot. ber motnhs na kaya ang masasamang loob naglipana. extra ingat lang po sa inyo at sa love ones ninyo.

no harm in sharing the story so that all of our love ones will be educated at maging maingat.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Nahuli na yung Taxi UVN 122...

Cops arrest cabbie preying on teen girls | ABS-CBN News

Kalaboso ang isang lalaki na ang modus ay magpanggap na taxi driver para maka-pangmolestiya sa mga dalagitang pasahero. Nagpa-Patrol, Gus Abelgas. TV Patrol, Setyembre 26, 2013, Huwebes

09/26/2013 9:23 PM

8. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Deretsahan na tayo... For real and effective self defense specially for women kapag SIGURADO NANG GAGAWAN KAYO NG MASAMA go for the eye tuhugin nyo mata any creatures on earth na may mata once it get damage hindi na alam ang gagawin nun.. Wag magpanic go for the eye

9. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mitsuyota_lover View Post
    Deretsahan na tayo... For real and effective self defense specially for women kapag SIGURADO NANG GAGAWAN KAYO NG MASAMA go for the eye tuhugin nyo mata any creatures on earth na may mata once it get damage hindi na alam ang gagawin nun.. Wag magpanic go for the eye
    Hit the Balls, Adam's Apple, Shin, Pop the Ears w/ both palms.