New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I wonder if the authorities caught the Pinoy priest who hooked up a webcam under a sink in a girl's restroom with full view of who was occupying the toilet? He did that here in the US. When he got found out, he fled back to the PH. What a pervert.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    I wonder if the authorities caught the Pinoy priest who hooked up a webcam under a sink in a girl's restroom with full view of who was occupying the toilet? He did that here in the US. When he got found out, he fled back to the PH. What a pervert.
    Unblinding the item should help stop his perversion easier, sir.Altar of Secrets: Secx, Politics, and Money in the Philippine Catholic Church (Book)Altar of Secrets: Secx, Politics, and Money in the Philippine Catholic Church (Book)

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Wow!!! This is big!!!!

basta pedophilia/kabaklaan eh number 1 mga katol church

IN-DEPTH REPORT
    Pedophile priests operated at this California school for decades.

This is the Catholic order that covered up their abuse

By Nima Elbagir, Barbara Arvanitidis, Katie Polglase, Bryony Jones and Alex Platt

Two boys, born into deeply religious families, both sent to Catholic school, and both abused by the very priests and teachers meant to protect them.

George Stein and Joey Piscitelli grew up a decade apart, but they are connected by their abuse at the hands of priests and brothers from a Catholic order founded to help and support vulnerable children.

Their experiences reveal a pattern of abuse and cover-up going back more than half a century.

A year-long CNN investigation into the Salesians of Don Bosco discovered that for decades, abuser priests and brothers were repeatedly protected and transferred from school to school at the expense of their young victims who were pressured and threatened not to report what had happened to them.

On multiple occasions Salesian leaders withheld cases of abuse from the authorities and even from other parts of the Catholic Church.

A cluster of abusers

The oldest of eight children Stein grew up believing it was his calling to become a priest.

He was 13 in 1958 when he began studying at Don Bosco College, later renamed Salesian High School, in Richmond, California. It was there that he met Brother Bernard Dabbene.

“We had a very strict routine,” Stein, now in his late 70s and living in Seattle, remembers -- everything regulated by the ringing of bells.

“When the bell rang you went to class, you went to study hall, you went to recreation, you went to the refectory for meals. And you were assigned chores to help with the upkeep of seminary.”

One day in his sophomore year when he was 15, Stein says, Dabbene told him to go to a particular spot and wait to be assigned a chore.

“When I got there, I felt it was a little strange because there was no one there and there were probably no duties to be performed,” Stein says. “He came after a while … and he basically hugged me and kissed me, and that was inappropriate, and I wasn’t expecting it at all.”

Stein reported the incident to a Salesian provincial, Father Alfred Cogliandro (roughly equivalent to an Archbishop), during one of his visits to the school. “I said, ‘This happened to me, and I want it to stop!’”

Stein says Dabbene left the school shortly afterwards. He says he was simply happy the abuse was over.

Patrick Wall, a former priest who has dedicated his life to helping victims of clerical abuse, says he comes across this frequently in his work. A lead researcher and consultant for Jeff Anderson and Associates law firm, Wall has worked on more than 200 cases of clergy abuse.

“We have cases every day of the week where they’re simply moved -- they’re geographically moved to another location and put into ministry without telling anyone, local authorities, sometimes the local parish or sometimes even the diocese,” he says.

But following his ordination, Dabbene -- now Father Dabbene -- returned to the school.

A cluster of abusers operated at the school for decades, some of those during Dabbene’s time as principal in the 1970s.

CNN has reached out to the Provincial for the Western Province of the Salesian order in the United States for comment.

I just blurted out, 'I was abused'
    George Stein, July 12, 2019

‘I want to watch you’

Joey Piscitelli was at the school in 1972, when Dabbene returned as principal.

Among the abusers on staff was Father Stephen Whelan, the school’s vice principal, who soon had Piscitelli in his sights.

“I was a runt,” Piscitelli recalls. “I weighed maybe 80 pounds when I got to high school. I was the smallest person in the school, and I was befriended by the vice principal almost immediately.”

Piscitelli says his ordeal began when Whelan invited him along to the Salesian Boys Club, on the school campus.

“We were going to play pool, and … he sat down at the bench and said, ‘You shoot.’ I said ‘OK,’ and I shot the ball. And I turned around and told him, ‘It’s your turn.’ And … he was sitting there masturbating.”

“I remember I turned all red, I started sweating,” Piscitelli says. “The hair on my neck was standing up, and I just stood there frozen -- I didn’t know what to do.”

“He said, ‘Keep playing. I want to watch you,’” Piscitelli recalls. “And then I turned around and the head of the Boys Club, Brother Sal [Billante] was watching this, and he just stood there watching. He did nothing.”

Separately, Salvatore Billante was later convicted for child abuse in 1989, and handed an eight-year sentence. He served four years in prison and was required to register as a *** offender. In 2002, he was indicted in another case involving 181 counts of child abuse between 1972 and 1978. He left the Salesian order, and died in 2016.

As the months went by, Piscitelli says his abuse at the hands of Whelan worsened.

“One day he cornered me on the stairs and started molesting me and told me, ‘Get upstairs!’ … he dragged me into the room and attacked me, and I was raped. I … blacked out while it happened.”

After the attack, Piscitelli says he doesn’t remember how he got home. “But when I got home, I had blood in my underwear, so I went in the backyard of my house and I wrapped the bloody underwear around a rock and threw it over the fence into the field to get rid of the evidence.”

To cope with the abuse he had suffered, Piscitelli drew often graphic images depicting the horrors he lived through.

I just stood there frozen -- I didn't know what to do
    Joey Piscitelli, July 14, 2019

Threats, attacks and damage control

Piscitelli says the principal threatened him after he told the school counsellor what had happened.

“[He] told me that he was going to kick me out of school and fire my mother from the cafeteria because I have a big mouth,” he recalls. “I begged him not to do that, and I apologized, and I said I would never talk about it again.”

Piscitelli remembers Dabbene ranting and screaming at him. “He was livid. He said: ‘Nobody is going to believe your word against a priest,’ which startled me, as it was the same thing Whelan had said.”

Piscitelli says he was also physically attacked by another Salesian priest working as a teacher at the school.

“[He] cornered me on the second floor outside of geometry class … the hallway was empty. He said, ‘Stand in front of me. I want to talk to you … put your hands at your side and look me in the eyes.’”

“And while I was looking at him wondering what he wanted, he kneed me in the groin as hard as he could. I went down … I just lay on the floor. I couldn’t even breathe,” says Piscitelli.

“I thought I was going to have to go to the hospital. I couldn’t move. It was so bad. And while I was laying there, he said to me, ‘You have a big mouth. I don’t want to see you up here again.’”

The priest is still working within the Salesian order. He has never faced charges.

Disturbing content warning: Graphic images drawn by Joey Piscitelli to help him cope with the abuse he suffered.

Click the link masyado mahaba article. In depth report talaga

Pedophile priests operated at a California school for decades

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    Wow!!! This is big!!!!

basta pedophilia/kabaklaan eh number 1 mga katol church

Click the link masyado mahaba article. In depth report talaga

Pedophile priests operated at a California school for decades
    i've heard of this, before.
    it's not new anymore.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    pero malalim ito report ng cnn.

grabe talaga kabaklaan/pedophilia sa mga katol. Ibang level!!! Tinotolerate eh.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2015

7. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Kags,

paano mo ipapakain ang mga lupain ng kaparian?

Hindi naman liquid asset ang mga lupain ng kaparian

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    nasaan na ang bahygon katol of the philippines ngayon pandemic?????/

go forth and multiply ba?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    nasaan na ang bahygon katol of the philippines ngayon pandemic?????/

go forth and multiply ba?
    what are you talking about?
    why are you speaking in riddles?

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    what are you talking about?
    why are you speaking in riddles?
    Ngayon mo lang napansin doc?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Altar of Secrets: Secx, Politics, and Money in the Philippine Catholic Church (Book)