New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Abalos again.................

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Parang tama nga si shadow. Nagpaparami ulit ng Tcash yung isa dyan kaya palaging kumokontra, kahit sometimes walang saysay naman yung mga sinasabi. I think I've just been victimized.

So, hindi na muna ako sasagot. Also, naiirita din ako pag sablay na nga yung reasoning, sabit pa din sa grammar. Now that's out-of-the-box thinking, hehehe

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    Parang tama nga si shadow. Nagpaparami ulit ng Tcash yung isa dyan kaya palaging kumokontra, kahit sometimes walang saysay naman yung mga sinasabi. I think I've just been victimized.

So, hindi na muna ako sasagot. Also, naiirita din ako pag sablay na nga yung reasoning, sabit pa din sa grammar. Now that's out-of-the-box thinking, hehehe
    +1 here... kaya nga after nung last postS, di na ako kumontra...

unless, i-PM nya ako at sabihing :

"may 200 ka dito"! :naughty2:

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by carscout View Post
    Agree.. General sweeping statement without backing up with credible source is worthless. I would suggest a little reading is in order, wouldn't you think jpdm

-Im sorry sirs if my idea is different from yours. I read the link before I made some remarks. The link is an interpretation of Rizal's work. If Rizal mentioned something about the Pinoys before, those were Pinoys (in the past) based on his perception. The Philippines, A Century Hence is a literary (creative) work. Its not a journal article rigorously reviewed by his peers. But anyway, some critics say that the literary work tells about the reality and draws some predictions (future events) from the situations during his time. Its one of the best works of Rizal.

-Damaged culture is very hard to define. Although we have Americanized names it doesnt mean our culture is damaged. Anyway sir, just ignore my reaction about the "damaged culture."

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Afterthought..On Damaged culture, Corruption (e.g. Abalos)
    A persistently damaged culture

Commentary By Paulynn P. Sicam Tuesday, 9 August 2003

In November 1987, when we were still feeling good about ourselves after the glorious EDSA people power revolution of 1986, the American essayist James Fallows wrote a devastating analysis of Filipinos as a people in The Atlantic Monthly. In an essay entitled "A Damaged Culture", Fallows wrote:

"Individual Filipinos are at least as brave, kind and noble-spirited as individual Japanese, but their culture draws the boundaries of decent treatment much more narrowly. Filipinos pride themselves on their lifelong loyalty to family, schoolmates, compadres, members of the same tribe, residents of the same barangay ... Because these boundaries are limited to the family or tribe, they exclude at any given moment 99 percent of the other people in the country. Because of this fragmentation, this lack of useful nationalism, people treat each other worse in the Philippines than in any other Asian country I have seen ... The tradition of political corruption and cronyism, the extremes of wealth and poverty, the tribal fragmentation, the local élite's willingness to make a separate profitable peace with colonial powers--all reflect a feeble sense of national interest and a contempt for the public good."

We were shocked and angry, insulted by this foreigner who deigned to analyze our culture like he knew us. He was called names, the worst of which was a "parachutist", which referred to foreign correspondents who flew into the country on Sunday, looked around Metro Manila on Monday, flew out of Tuesday, and published an "in-depth" story about us on Wednesday.

Its not damage culture, its lack of nationalism (community interests above all).

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005

sir *glactus, gusto mo nominate kita para ma-incorporate ka sa editor box dito sa forum. grammar check saka spellcheck na diin

===

noon una kala ko close-minded. pero nun nakita ko yun post mo sa Hongkong na para na-open up ka sa fresh new world of new ideas, i got so interested chatting with you.

pero ngaun, para ka na naman titser ng High school.
    Last edited by oldblue; October 1st, 2007 at 12:43 PM.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by metatron View Post
    OT pero

pakipost naman yung name ng prof mo para masabihan namin yung mga kamaganak namin na nag-aaral para di na lang mag-enroll sa kanya. mali ang itinuro nya na inyo.

saang standard IQ test di kasama ang language? Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale? Cattell? Raven's? Stanford-Binet?

e ang mga IQ test na kung saan di kasama ang language e yung Universal Nonverbal Intelligence Test at yung Primary Test of Nonverbal Intelligence. These are non standard matrices given to those who have motor or sensory dysfunctions, or to those who belong to the other side of the language divide.

eh di sige, i'll patronize your for a moment, since we're talking about language in general, how 'bout binary language, c++ language, cobol etc. there are different ways to program a computer. of course, there are suggested programming structure (or grammar as is to English language) pero a person with high IQ can very much program on his own unique way. kahit na maintindihan ng iba ang structuring, what's important is the result hence the final program or the final message ...

the problem kasi with sir *galactus here is that he is trying to get me or to get others here by always ridiculing our grammar. as if wag na kami pakinggan kasi mga bobo kami sa grammar.

now back to you, if you say that english grammar is a must for IQ. then it's like saying that half-a-billion Chinese or Thai or even the talented Japanese have low IQ. kasi karamihan sa kanila cant speak cant write English. but is that really the case? kung low IQ ang mga race na'to, how come they are considered highly-skilled races.

so you see, it's a matter of perception. and again who's thinking inside the box?

===

to sir *galactus, sir ease up on the grammar check pati na din sa sarili pero di mo naman gano pine-pressure sarili mo. i'm concerned kasi pag nakatapat ka ng medyo pikon sa pag-kokorek kahit hindi dito sa forum. you'll lose friends or possibly, future contacts.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    To Oldblue: don't worry about me, I can take care of myself. Hindi naman ako nape-pressure. And my friends have known me to be that way, so far, hindi pa naman nila ako tinatakwil. Also, hindi naman ako businessman, simpleng empleyado lang, kaya I don't think I'll be needing a lot of contacts. As it is, malinaw naman mata ko, 20/20 vision, hehehe. (Corny)

Sige, nominate mo ako para sa editorial box, hehehe, extra income din kung sakali.

BTT: Bakit hindi na lang kasi mag-resign si Abalos out of delicadeza??

9. Join Date
    Mar 2007

BTT: Bakit hindi na lang kasi mag-resign si Abalos out of delicadeza??
    +1

what is Abalos waiting for?? regardless if he is guilty or not, the correct thing to do in his situation is to resign... I think this should apply to Mendoza and even Neri too...

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Abalos resigns .... but I'm not so sure it's out of delicadeza ...

sobrang buking na seguro

Abalos again!!!???