New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Tingnan mo itong si Praning Santiago, pagkatpos niyang tirahin ang mga Chinese kahapon sa ZTE/NBN Senate Hearing, eto, "Sorry na raw" sa China at mga Intsik.

Baliw talaga! Di nya muna kasi isipin ang mga pagtatalak nya, kung may nasasagasaan na siya.

Santiago To Say Sorry Over 'Racial' Remarks vs Chinese

Sen. Miriam Defensor-Santiago said she will apologize for the remarks she made against China during the Senate inquiry on the controversial broadband deal between the Philippine government and China’s ZTE Corp. on Wednesday.

Santiago said she will write a formal apology to the Chinese ambassador to the Philippines.

Santiago walked out of a Senate hearing on Wednesday after making a statement that the investigation into the allegedly irregular national broadband network deal merely revealed "a squabble for kickbacks."

Noting the conflicting statements made by resource persons at the hearing on Wednesday, the feisty senator said the Senate investigation has to determine "not only who are telling a lie but who is telling a half-truth."

"What I see here is a double-cross syndrome... now our job is to find out who double crossed whom," said Santiago.

She then asked Commission on Elections Chairman Benjamin Abalos why he was "close" to officials of ZTE Corp. as the latter had admitted in his testimony.

Abalos started recounting how he got to know the ZTE officials but Santiago cut him off and made an observation.

"China invented civilization in the east, but as well it invented corruption for all of human civilization kaya mahilig itong mga Intsik na ito mag-kumbida sa golf, magkumbida sa dinner, magbigay ng free ticket to China (that's why the Chinese people like inviting acquaintances to golf clubs and dinners and giving free tickets to China). Nakakaintindi naman tayong lahat (It is a common knowledge) that when we are public officials, we are not invited because of our physical or ***ual good looks. We are being invited in connection with a certain government project. That is my observation," she said.

After a while, Santiago quietly left the session hall where the hearing was being held.

Filipino Chinese businessmen on Thursday condemned an alleged racial slur made by Santiago.

In a statement, the Federation of Filipino Chinese Chambers of Commerce and Industry, Inc. said the group was taken aback by Santiago’s "irresponsible and insensitive statements against the Chinese."

"Alleged irregularities in the ‘isolated’ [national broadband network (NBN)]-ZTE transaction cannot be the basis of the unwarranted and regrettable condemnation by Sen. Santiago that the Chinese people invented corruption," the group said, adding:

"While her outburst may have been made in the heat of emotion during the ZTE-NBN probe, the general and sweeping racial slur is directed against all Chinese and ethnic Chinese around the world."

The group also said that Santiago’s remarks became "more deplorable," considering that the senator is the chairwoman of the Senate foreign relations committee.

The group said it is demanding an "unqualified apology" from lawmaker.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Kapal talaga ni Abalos! ayaw parin magbitiw sa pwesto

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    yes, if they get away with it, they will get stronger and do it again. also, if they fail, they will also try it again until they succeed. what's the diff?

here is however, my own version of the difference:

if they get away with it, the deal is done and the services are still delivered.
    if they fail, the deal is cancelled and we all have nothing to look forward to

think out of the box, yan ang kelangan natin ngaun.[/QUOTE]

So what can you say about the Bataan Nuclear Plant now? maybe it's just me, but something is TERRIBLY flawed with these premises. No amount of analogies can justify this rationale. Is this Machiavellian stuff??? I just hope you don't run in public office, dude

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ... and win

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    yes, if they get away with it, they will get stronger and do it again. also, if they fail, they will also try it again until they succeed. what's the diff?

here is however, my own version of the difference:

if they get away with it, the deal is done and the services are still delivered.
    if they fail, the deal is cancelled and we all have nothing to look forward to
    That's apathy, and if the Filipino public continues to think that way, then this country will go to the dogs.

Our mindset should be: Lawbreakers who are in power should be arrested, tried, sent to jail and all assets derived from the fruits of their crime seized and foreited in favor of the government (ala RICO Law in the US). This will send a very, very strong message to others. You don't reward lawbreakers by letting them stay in office, thus "making them stronger."

We've already proven that it can be done (in the case of Erap). Which is why I'm really troubled that he is about to get an unconditional pardon, and won't be made to pay a single cent.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I share your sentiments, sir Galactus. What's troubling me is the apathetic views of OB. If half of pinoys think the way he does, then we can never get out from the sh*thole that we are in now. Ano ba naman yun, okay lang magpagulpi as long as hindi ka lulumpuhin??? this might be the closest thing that i can get to his mindset.

There is still hope for the Philippines, we are still a relatively young nation. Antayin na lang natin maubos yang mga old-schooled politicians na yan who make corruption their way of life. mamamatay din lahat yang mga hinayupak na yan hopefully, future generation leaders who grew up hearing and witnessing corruption all their lives would reach the breaking point of this malady and start setting things right - that would be the day lahat ng bagay pinagsasawaan din, kahit nga popoy nakakasawa din pag araw-araw e let's just be vigilant, apathy has no place in an environment that seeks for a change...for the best.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    what's saddening still is that those people are doing it as if they are not human beings with conscience. I dont think even a die-hard pro-admin would believ that abalos is innocent. and that old man has the gall to say in his interview when asked if he's getting good sleep despite what's happening :

"isang dipa pa layo ko sa kama, naghihilik na ako"

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    That's apathy, and if the Filipino public continues to think that way, then this country will go to the dogs.

Our mindset should be: Lawbreakers who are in power should be arrested, tried, sent to jail and all assets derived from the fruits of their crime seized and foreited in favor of the government (ala RICO Law in the US). This will send a very, very strong message to others. You don't reward lawbreakers by letting them stay in office, thus "making them stronger."

We've already proven that it can be done (in the case of Erap). Which is why I'm really troubled that he is about to get an unconditional pardon, and won't be made to pay a single cent.
    ano ba ibig sabihin ng apathy na yan at nalilito ako sa empathy, sympathy, apathy

apathy: lack of interest, enthusiasm, concern.

meron naman ako nyan. yun nga lang, I channeled my interest and enthusiasm and concern to the end result. ika nga: "the end justfies the means" (but wait, baka naman may magkumpara ng patayan/assassination dito to justify the means, that's a different story, kasi dito wala naman namatay or na-harm physically)

our only difference: magkaiba lang tayo ng interest and enthusiasm.

my feeling of joy and satisfaction will be kung naka-network na lahat ng govt. agencies. kayo, your feeling of joy eh gusto nyo i-punish ang mga nagkasala. and the satisfaction, you proved to yourself na tama kayo.

====

I also sense na karamihan sa inyo laging galit sa mga nasa itaas mga nasa posisyon, mga influential, mga sikat. Me, I respect the powers that be no matter how controversial they are. nilabas kasi nila lahat ng alas nila to get into that position. they risked a lot to be considered a power that be. something that I'd like to do someday too ...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by xoom View Post
    I share your sentiments, sir Galactus. What's troubling me is the apathetic views of OB. If half of pinoys think the way he does, then we can never get out from the sh*thole that we are in now. Ano ba naman yun, okay lang magpagulpi as long as hindi ka lulumpuhin??? this might be the closest thing that i can get to his mindset.
    if half of pinoys think like me, then we are a singapore or a hongkong.

you know why money becomes the root of evil, it's not bec. it's being corrupted or being stolen. it's because it reveals the beast in all of you. you people curse the officials, even to the point of wishing them to death or to harm's way. sa media and TV, all sorts of slander are in the airwaves. siraan ng reputation, personalan, siraan ng pamilya etc. etc.

if I'm Satan right now, this is the show that i really really want to watch on big screen TV. bec. this is hell on earth. good vs good vs. greater good vs. greatest good.

i say spend all of it no matter how much it costs, and enjoy the long-term benefits for the future generation.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    i say spend all of it no matter how much it costs, and enjoy the long-term benefits for the future generation.
    no matter how much it costs...wow...

where would the money to repay the loans be coming from? it would come from the taxpayers. and if the tax is not enough, they would have to increase the tax rate to be able to generate enough money to re-pay so that the credit standing of our country will not be in peril. and we will be paying for those debts that somehow had been pocketed by corrupt officials.

you get a 1M loan from a bank to put a roof over your head (nice long-term benefit for you and your kids, right?). but the bank says : "Mr. OB, because it is a good benefit for you and your family, before i approve your loan you have to agree to give me half of that 1M. In effect, your take-out would only be 500K but you need to pay the whole amount of 1M plus interest"...

Nice deal? Fair Deal?

Yes, because no matter how much it costs, i would enjoy the long-term benefits for the future generation.

Abalos again!!!???