New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Madalas reklamo nila na walang nagagawang project gobyerno para sa mahirap...Eh bakit kaya hindi sila magbayad ng TAX para naman may pang gastos sa mga project na sinasabi nila.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    putris santisma!

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Hehehe...it cuts both ways...mabuhay ang Supreme Court. I guess the Bishops will shut up now and just stay inside their airconditioned residences.

"The Catholic Church is scrambling against the ruling of the High Court on the inclusion of Church administered lands in Camarines to Comprehensive Agrarian Reform Program (CARP) Some people see the ruling as a retaliation by the Malacanang Palace against the Church after the latter backed the Sumilao farmers in their fight for land ownerships of their lands in Bukidnon. Other people see the reaction of the Church as uncharitable and borders on greed. They see that the Church have some sort of double-standard when dealing with land ownership since they Church is willing to support farmers in their fight for land ownership but shunned from distributing the Church’s lands to the farmers subsisting on those lands.
    The law, which includes CARP, is rigid and it is meant to be that way. If it could be bended one way or another, then why the heck we create laws. Church administered or owned lands should not be exempted from CARP, even if those lands were acquired through donation. The High Court’s ruling should be followed. Following the whims of the Church will create a chaotic scenario where hacienderos and landlords will claim that their lands were donated, and should also be exempted from CARP.
    But then again, CARP and its results should be reviewed. I do not believe that CARP is enough to alleviate the plight of our farmers. CARP is merely a land distribution scheme. Distributing lands to the farmers is not enough for them to survive since they need other things like irrigation, seedlings, fertilizers, pesticides, and a good farm-to-market roads. Without government support, CARP-beneficiaries end up debt-ridden and their lands are sequestered."

another article...

"Philippine Daily Inquirer"

The Supreme Court rebuffed the Catholic Church when it ruled that the Archdiocese of Nueva Caceres (Camarines Sur) was not exempt from the Comprehensive Agrarian Reform Program (CARP).
    The high court said the 268 hectares of land owned by the archdiocese is agricultural land that falls within the government’s land reform program. Most of the land in question is planted to rice and corn.
    The Church is overly generous when it comes to other people’s property, but is selfish with its own property. It wants San Miguel Foods Inc. to give up the property it bought in Sumilao, Bukidnon, and turn it over to about 50 farmers even after the Supreme Court has ruled in favor of SMFI.
    The high court ruling on the Nueva Caceres archdiocese has laid bare the church’s hypocrisy. It has exposed the church’s compartmentalized-justice mentality when its interests are at stake."

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by swordsman View Post
    Naks, parang mga galing sa desipulo ni Ely Pamatong mga replies a. Dalawang beses ko binasa article kasi curious po ako sa mga response. Saan po yong mga church-owned lands that you guys are talking about? Yong isang response, madami daw ninanakaw, madami tinatagong lupa. Mga kwentong barbero kasi yan pag walang proof man lang, o kung saan yan, gaano kalaki, saklaw ba ng CARP yong laki, kanino nakapangalan(pwede naman yata kunin to sa registry of deeds?). Kung meron man, hipokrito nga sila.

Malamang marami nga hipokritong obispo, pare, madre, lalong marami hipokritong kristiano(kasama ako dyan, minsan) at iba pang tao mula sa ibat ibang relihiyon. Hehe. Hipokrito man, at least may ginagawa sila para mapamahagi yang 1.3M hectares ng lupa sa mahihirap. Mas maganda ba tumahimik na lang sila?
    the word of God tells us to lead by example first...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Sila dapat pasakan ng canister

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    MGA KAPATID IPANALIG NALANG NATIN SA DIYOS. AMEN!

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by swordsman View Post
    Naks, parang mga galing sa desipulo ni Ely Pamatong mga replies a. Dalawang beses ko binasa article kasi curious po ako sa mga response. Saan po yong mga church-owned lands that you guys are talking about? Yong isang response, madami daw ninanakaw, madami tinatagong lupa. Mga kwentong barbero kasi yan pag walang proof man lang, o kung saan yan, gaano kalaki, saklaw ba ng CARP yong laki, kanino nakapangalan(pwede naman yata kunin to sa registry of deeds?). Kung meron man, hipokrito nga sila.

Malamang marami nga hipokritong obispo, pare, madre, lalong marami hipokritong kristiano(kasama ako dyan, minsan) at iba pang tao mula sa ibat ibang relihiyon. Hehe. Hipokrito man, at least may ginagawa sila para mapamahagi yang 1.3M hectares ng lupa sa mahihirap. Mas maganda ba tumahimik na lang sila?

I agree. Not to mention the numerous people riding on a claim by a newbie with 6 posts without READING the article itself.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by pup2 View Post
    I agree. Not to mention the numerous people riding on a claim by a newbie with 6 posts without READING the article itself.

Aaaw common Pup2...does a persons credibility rest with the number of post he/she has...exactly how many posts do I have to have before I can have an opinion in this forum. I could point out that I have an earlier join date than you but I'm not going to play your game. I love tsikotforums and I enjoy just reading the various posts in here. I'm sure there are others like me.

What claim? That the church own landholdings exempt from CARP, that they don't pay taxes? These are facts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
29 bishops want 1.3M has. of large haciendas distributed!