New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Closing business deals because of an American SUV. If that were true it would be so amazing.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the reson expeditions are sold cheap because the owners know that these cars are gas guzzlers and people who will buy a 2nd hand expedition are trying to save din so sell it cheap para the people who bought the expe will have money to burn sa gas.hehehe. i think if the suvs sa us were to be diesel fed just like here in the phil, i think suv prices will be better there. pero diesel talaga are only for commercial vehicles dun.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    I was going to agree, then I thought... what about Honda Civic Hatchbacks and Toyota Starlets?... so I was going to object, but then I remembered their resale value... ...so I still agree. :lol:
    Haaay. I still regret selling my B16A'd hatch for 200k in 99..... i think i could sell it for even more now hehe.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vicoyski
    How soon do you think we'll see 2nd hand Fortuners for sale?
    May kilala ako nagbenta na hehe. Ayaw niya kasi nung kulay

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue
    I think the main reason why Ford Expedition owners are selling their units cheap is bec. they can afford to. They dont care about the price gap (from purchase value to resale value) coz they already earned more than what they invested for. By just driving around the golf course or hotel driveway with an Expedition, some businessmen close multi-million peso deals with ease, the same way as BMW owners get more *** what's a 1 million depreciation cost, if they earned 10M to 100M profit in closed deals, by just simple association with a prestigous SUV, d'ba?
    Nah. Too romantic.

Wala akong kilalang businessman na willingly nagpapalugi. Just ask anyone here in tsikot, and yes, we have quite a few. And also... you dont close a deal just because you drive an Exped. :evillaugh

Mababa demand sa exped simply because people are afraid of getting a gas guzzler. Those who can afford to feed an exped can also afford to get one brand new.

Parang Volvo rin, may kilala ako more than a year na nagbebenta, walang bumibili..... take note palugi pa yon ha hehe. Not sure why though.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by pajerokid
    Nah. Too romantic.

Wala akong kilalang businessman na willingly nagpapalugi. Just ask anyone here in tsikot, and yes, we have quite a few. And also... you dont close a deal just because you drive an Exped. :evillaugh

Mababa demand sa exped simply because people are afraid of getting a gas guzzler. Those who can afford to feed an exped can also afford to get one brand new.

Parang Volvo rin, may kilala ako more than a year na nagbebenta, walang bumibili..... take note palugi pa yon ha hehe. Not sure why though.

I disagree with the Volvo bit, sold mine in less than two weeks and it was a 2004 S40. For a profit if you may want to ask. Sold it as I found the SUV more suited to my requirement. No more,no less. Used it for only 6months.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Ford Expeditions suffer the double penalty of high gas consumption and perceived expensive maintenance. Which isn't really true. Minor niggles like MAF sensors and idle controllers are actually cheap to fix.

But truthfully, transmission problems (like one my uncle had on his thirdhand Lincoln Navigator, which is an upmarket Expedition) are very difficult to fix. But that's true of any car. The difficulty with Expes is that you have to wait for the parts.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by picantorange
    Closing business deals because of an American SUV. If that were true it would be so amazing.
    first impressions last.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by pajerokid
    Nah. Too romantic.

or simply those who can afford driving around with an Exped, do not give much attention to the cost of gas, cost of maintenance and cost of repairs - the evil that plagues ordinary car owners or mainstream people.

it reveals something about the owner. can he handle big money deals as he claims to be, maybe maybe not ... but still the impression has been conveyed and his chances to close deals may have been increased.
    Last edited by oldblue; January 17th, 2006 at 04:16 AM.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Yes, doing business inside the car is very convenient.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Why do SUVs have higher resale values than cars?