New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by nellguess View Post
    Anyone knows a reliable used car dealer where I can find 2nd hand starex or internet site.

Thanks again to all of you.
    email me at dendua*gmail.com

When my friend sells his Starexes, halos wala ka ng gagawin.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    i'm a satisfied wner of a starex. tried other vans ans nothing beats the comfort and ride of the starex. the avanza may be brand new but it ain't a van for me {maliit siya for a van} and build quality is questionable {looks cheapy}. i will still recommend a 2nd hand starex for your budget.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    im also a starex owner, 2002 model, A/T, diesel, 11 seater, with 40k kms. on the speedometer.. very spacious and very fun to drive.. with your budget, sobra na ang 600k.. if i were to sell my starex, i would sell it below 600k..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    wait for philippine made auv.launching this coming march with the price tag of 350k.kung maganda ang gawang pinoy. why not try our own?bka dito n yumaman ang pinas.

starex is good but try also visiting kia showrooms baka magustuhan mo din yung brandnew pregio.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    I'm also looking for a family van and is seriously considering APV, Starex and Innova. Starex (if I can find a 2005 up model that fits my budget) seems to have more plus points.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    May mga natawagan akong used car dealers, lagi daw ubos ang mga starex nila...obviously, maganda talaga Starex...baka may mga taga tsikot nagbibenta..

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by nellguess View Post
    May mga natawagan akong used car dealers, lagi daw ubos ang mga starex nila...obviously, maganda talaga Starex...baka may mga taga tsikot nagbibenta..
    Try looking in Ortigas corner Meralco Ave and Julia Vargas where I bought my Starex 2002 last June 2006. Acquired by first owner Oct 2003. I acquired it 600k with a 50k mileage. Look for the guy who sells e-150s, expeditions, and the like. Forgot the number but i'll look the receipts when I get home. He is a tall guy and nice to deal with. Very patient.

I am very happy with my Starex. No hassles/problems so far even after driving to Pagudpud and several times to Baguio. I used to drive a Mit Spacewagon but needed something bigger. Never felt a big difference in driving the two in terms of power, speed, acceleration. The big difference I felt - aircon and torque. Starex is supercool and can climb steep roads from dead-stop with no problem even with all my family and in-laws in it.

After those trips, I noticed uneven tire wear in front, had it wheel aligned and tie-rod replaced.

I plan to bring it to Mt. Sto Tomas(Baguio) soon and planning to bring it to Sagada. No firm plans though.

Happy hunting!

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Oh, and by the way, my decision in getting a starex was based on the feedback in this forum.

Thanks to all who contribute.

Mr. OTEP, keep the info coming. My salute to you.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Would like to resurrect this thread....

Among the second hand options which seems to be more practical to own.

Nissan Urvan Estate

old Hyundai Starex

latest model Kia Pregio?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
What's The Best Van in the Market?